“Good location for a weekday break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Liverpool

You added Hilton Liverpool to your Saves list
Hilton Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Thomas Steers Way, Liverpool L1 8LW, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #36 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Certificate of Excellence 2014
dunfries
“Good location for a weekday break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I travelled here after visiting Aviemore in scotland to round of my trip. I thought this hotel was in a good centre location and that staff were very welcoming. The amenities in the guest rooms were top notch and definitely worth the money.

Well recommended!

Room Tip: Middle floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Anges C,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I am very pleased to hear that you found the staff to be welcoming.
I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton.
Kindest regards,
Sarah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Indonesian first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed over whilst working in Liverpool. Car Parking on Level 3 in Liverpool 1 shopping centre is the only credible option if you have arrived in a vehicle. excellent location for all things in the city centre and albert dock area. Stayed on 5th floor overlooking docks, mersey and liverpool 1 and excellent view, other side of the hotel is the bus station. Room was good, mattress was worn, poor for a hilton, housekeeping should test them from time to time. Bar seemed to be frequented by locals with a bit of cash, and what comes with it. Staff were good on reception, not so on the bar. Breakfast was good. Need to sort the bar issue out and be a bit more discerning on clientele

Room Tip: ask for one over looking liverpool 1 and not the bus station side
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kayzee70
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my parntner on 17th march for st Patrick's day.
We were greeted very warmly by the staff on reception and asked if we would like a lower or higher floor room, I opted for a room on floor 5. The room itself was very stylish and modernly decorated, we had a view of Liverpool 1 and to the left the Albert dock.
I was disappointed the room wasn't as clean as one would expect. I'd dropped my purse on the floor and as I knelt to pick it up i found a enormous amount of dust and crumbs under the bed and on the bed wheels, I would say for the amount of dust that was there this bed has never been lifted and the carpet vacuumed since the hotel was built. The window were also filthy on the inside, with finger prints, dirt and what looked like a can of pop had exploded over it too.
My partner and i found the bed to be quite comfortable.
The breakfast was awful. One of the worst my partner said he had ever eaten.
Bacon was like bacon we have never seen, maybe in a alinclusive hotel in Germany, but not over here. The black pudding was dire and the hash browns hard and dry. If I was ever to stay here again I wouldn't have the breakfast and go to one of the many places that do a full English breakfast with good bacon etc and for a lot less than the £10 per head the hilton charged and that was discounted.
This hotel is in a excellent location, you are a stones throw away from everything you could possibly need.
Would I stay here again? Maybe.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Kayzee70,
Thank you for kind comments regarding the reception staff. We always aim for a warm welcome to all our guests and I am very pleased to hear when this has been delivered.
I can only apologise for your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room, please in no way think that this is acceptable and to our usual standard. I have reported these comments to the Housekeeping department, who will ensure when checked every room is perfect.
I am very surprised to find that you did not enjoy your breakfast in our Restaurant, we normally receive great feedback and I sincerely hope this did not hinder your stay at all.
If you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on sarah.johnson3@hilton.com.
Kind regards,
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Its all about LOCATION - LOCATION - LOCATION

This hotel, is new modern anf very well planned - one of the best exec lounges in the UK

Great Staff, good bar - good service, the people actually care!!!

If you are coming to liverpool this is the hotel to stay in, and get an exec room, its well worth the extra

The location of this hotel, is in walking distance of just about anywhere worthwile in Liverpool

Room Tip: Haggle for an upgrade to and Exec Room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Prescot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I cannot believe the bad reviews on this hotel as personally my husband and I could not fault it.
It is in a great location,perfect for anything you want to do whilst staying in Liverpool. The staff were amazing,they could not do enough for us and were so happy and smiley. Everyone seemed to look like they were enjoying their job.
Check in was speedy and Sarah on the front desk was really nice and friendly.The rooms were lovely and a nice touch was that after around 10 mins of entering the bedroom there was a call from front desk to see if we were happy with our room and everything in it.
We had a need to speak to a member of housekeeping and within minutes of our call, Natalia was at our door and sorted everything for us admirably.
The breakfast was fantastic. Food was wide and varied........Juices,fresh fruit,cereals,continental meats and cheeses,a FULL selection of hot cooked English with beans,tomatoes,mushrooms,black pudding,sausages and bacon,....Mo the chef would cook eggs to your liking and she was really chatty and helpful,toast and jams,pastries and tea & coffee. What more could one want?
All in all a great place to stay with fantastic staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
West Lancs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although the bedrooms were quite nice I was very disappointed with the food. We were attending a company dinner dance and to my surprise it was a buffet!! We were the last table to have our food, there wasn't a choice of potato or vegetable, the whole meal was warm!!

The following morning when we went to breakfast there was flasks of tea and coffee on the table, a minimal selection of breakfast cereals, minimal selection of cooked breakfast, a toaster for you to toast your bread. The whole thing was cold, as well as the plates. I don't know whether the Hilton in Liverpool is a franchise????

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Macca48
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay.
I am incredibly surprised to see that you did not enjoy your food at your Dinner Dance. The Company will have chosen how they would have liked the food to be served in evening during the event; however I am terribly sorry to see that you found the meal to be warm when you were served. I will report your comments over to the Conferencing and Events team to look at more efficient ways of serving this style of meal.
The vast majority of Hilton Hotels are franchised, regardless of this, it doesn’t excuse the cold breakfast the morning of your stay. Through previous feedback, we have found that flasks are an efficient way of keeping tea and coffee hot throughout breakfast. We will however look at the selection of breakfast items that we serve in the restaurant.
Again, thank you for your constructive feedback and we will look to move forward with the issues addressed.
Kind regards,
Barnsley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

staff uninterested.mini bar left uncleaned ,not topped up and remains of previous guest left despite our complaints.dont seem to be able to cope at weekends.breakfast staff unhelpful tv awful.location ideal drinks expensive.no parking on site and unless your familiar with the area it can be a nightmare.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Lorraine A,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback regarding your stay at Hilton Liverpool, all of our guest feedback is taken on board to ensure ongoing improvements at the hotel,

I do apologies that on this occasion we did not meet our usual standards, I can assure you your comments have been passed on to the relevant managers to issue re training where needed.

I am surprised to see your mini bar was unclean, this is a very rare occurrence as this is checked daily. I do apologise again for this, we will re visit this procedure to ensure this does not re occur with any future guests,

Steff Buck

Been to Hilton Liverpool? Share your experiences!