“Great for an overnight stay..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Liverpool

You added Hilton Liverpool to your Saves list
Hilton Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Thomas Steers Way, Liverpool L1 8LW, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #36 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida
“Great for an overnight stay..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had a good check in and upgraded to a suite, being a HH Gold Member.

As this was a weekend, it was full of people going nightclubbing..the exec lounge was packed and hard to find a seat...The bar in fact was a table covered with a tablecloth at one end of this very narrow room, so there was soon a queue as just one girl serving behind this "bar"!

The lounge/bar was so busy, full of nightclubbers.

Hotel is in a good location for shopping, right next door to John Lewis and also loads of bars and restaurants closely.

The breakfast was very good.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again for a shopping trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Pandas1,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your visit to Hilton Liverpool, I am glad to see that you received your HH Upgrade to one of our suites, we do our best to ensure our Hilton Honors members receive their benefits during their stay.

My apologies that you were made to queue in the Executive Lounge; we do our best to manage the staffing levels as per the business needs.

I am glad to see you will return to us for a future shopping trip, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Steff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Indonesian first
Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Fab location and staff lovely and eager to help. Despite being busy with events downstairs the rooms were quiet ! The room and bathroom were very clean. Lovely breakfast with lots of choice but on the second day the choice was much reduced on the continental front ie no muffins, crumpets and choc au pains. Still a lot to choose from though. We would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Jennie S,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us, we are glad you enjoyed your visit.

I am also happy to see you enjoyed your breakfast, and apologise for the lack of pastries ect.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Regards

Llandudno, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked a double room in the Hilton for two nights from Friday 1st March until 3rd March. I work in the travel industry and have stayed in many hotel chains around the country and around Europe but was yet to sample the delights of the Hilton Hotel chain.

Arrival: check in was good; the lady on reception was helpful and pleasant. We were not offered any help with our luggage and it was clear that our party had quite a bit of as we had travelled up from North Wales and were staying for a long weekend.

The room was fine, but there was nothing that set the room apart from a Premier Inn or a Travel Lodge (which can be found down the road, also in a great location). The use of the WIFI in the Hilton is more expensive than both the Premier and the Travel Lodge (£15 for 24 hour access!). The bed was large and comfortable the bathroom was adequate. The view from the room was good and there was zero noise to be heard from the local bars overlooking the L1 park.

Mini bar warning – if you feel £4 is a little steep to pay for a medium sized bottle of water and you go to M&S to buy a litre for £1.20 and want to chill it in the mini bar fridge…. Be warned!!!! The drinks in the mini bar are weighted and if you move anything (as we did to put our own water in ) out of the mini bar be prepared for it to end up on your final bill as they presume you have taken drinks out for your own consumption !

We went out for dinner on the Friday night, and returned to the hotel around 11pm via the Palm Sugar bar (which, if you’re looking for somewhere chilled out with abit of class to drink in before it gets busy, go there).
After leaving Palm Sugar, we decided to try out the Hotel’s PIMA Bar before heading to the room… We were met with drunken groups of men, one group stood out in particular as they were dancing around the tables and performing press-ups in between chairs whilst people were trying to have a chilled out Friday night drink. Security were standing around like spare parts, clearly were not interested in moving these buffoons on.
I don’t expect to have to put up with that kind of behaviour in and I quote “one of the top bars in Liverpool”; if I wanted to endure that kind of behaviour I would have headed for Weatherspoons!

We had a peaceful night sleep on the Friday night; I wish I’d made the most of it. Saturday night came, unfortunately. We were on the 3rd floor which isn’t far away enough from the PIMA Bar “disco” not to hear the banging disco tunes and cheesy DJ – i’m not exaggerating the beat from the said Saturday night disco was so loud I could “name that tune” and be encouraged to get up and dance by the DJ! I’m no party pooper but 2am took the biscuit!
The website doesn’t tell you are going to kept awake until 2am in the morning – it says “live entertainment” on at weekends. Believe me, I was not entertained!

In the morning checkout was another barrel of laughs, I use the term lightly as the receptionist was so surly and rude , so much so trying to explain the water in the mini bar incident was like we were speaking another language( we only moved drinks out to put our own water in ) I was way too tired to have to explain the situation three times!!
She wasn’t interested if we had had a good stay, she wasn’t interested if there was anything the Hilton could improve on and she certainly wasn’t interested to know if we would be going back there and didn’t care if we had a safe journey back home. We came to the conclusion
we were far too much hassle for her.
The man checking out next to us complained on having skid marks on one of the chairs in his "Executive" room so I feel lucky not to have endured that type of incident!
This is the Hilton right? Or just another hotel brand that has just become another average rated hotel.
We work hard for our money and the fact we spent just shy £300 for 2 nights in the Hilton, I now deeply regret.
Memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as you can if staying over the weekend , if you cant don't go to bed befor...
Dear Tor11,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Hilton Liverpool.
Please trust your detailed and constructive comments have been taken on board, and accept my apologies that during your stay the service and standards provided by the hotel were not up to our usual level.
We continue to strive to ensure all of our guests receive an enjoyable and comfortable stay, and assure all reviewers that all feedback is discussed and referred to enabling thorough staff training and reviews of hotel standards and policies.
Thank you again for your feedback, I apologise again for the hotels short comings during your stay.
If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me on Steffanie.buck@hilton.com
Regards,

Mainz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This Hilton takes you back to the good old Hilton National days, which is a real shame - as it's clear that a lot of money has been spent on this. Unfortunately the staff at this property are amongst the worst I have come across - they simply don't care about guests. Poor very slow check-in when we were the only ones at reception, the bar turned the lights up at 11 to get everyone out, no one at the front for the advertised valet service and staff generally not greeting us throughout our stay. The mattresses were very worn out and you could feel every spring, the WIFI is shockingly slow........I guess you get the message....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Alexandert,
At the Hilton Liverpool, we aim for exceptional service in all areas, and we regret deeply to see that you didn’t experience this.
I apologise greatly for the wait during check in, I will be personally making sure that retraining is issued within the department. I am very surprised to hear that you were not greeted during your stay, and this will be addressed for future guests.
I will be passing on your comment to the Housekeeping department to ensure that all of our mattresses are maintained well and kept in the exceptional condition.
Thank you again for your feedback and if you wish to discuss these points with me further please feel free to contact me via email. Sarah.johnson3@hilton.com
Kind regards,
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My daughter treated me to a champagne lunch here last Saturday and I think I had the best choice from a rather strange choice lunch "special menu" I enjoyed the ham and melon starter followed by beautifully cooked sea bream. Quality food! She chose the (sadly over salted) broccoli and blue cheese soup and very average ploughmans , not just as exciting, really...my food was delicious and service was excellent. I'd return without a doubt but they need to offer a better choice on their lunch menu -squid won't appeal to everyone and the only hot main was fish which, again is not everyone's choice!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was a surprise treat off my daughter. Cream tea with champagne. We arrived on time, and then struggled to get someone's attention for directions. We were seated and left sitting for 15 minutes, until a young man approached and asked if we had been served yet! We hadn't even been asked if we would like to order a drink let alone served. When we were served it was very underwhelming, and then to add insult, while my daughter visited the facilities a lady decided to clear our table even though there was food still on a plate. A chip in the teapot lid and no attention to detail isn't an experience I like my daughter paying £30+ for. Visited the ladies as leaving, and all I will say is the cleaner mustn't work on a Sunday, they were shameful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bush_13,
Thank you providing Trip Advisor with your feedback regarding your experience of Afternoon Tea.
I am incredibly sorry for the poor service that you received and especially on such a special occasion. These comments have been forwarded on to the Restaurant and Bar Manager to retrain his staff, and look for a much better way of ensuring all customers are served in a more convenient time.
In regards to the condition of the toilets, please do not feel this is at all acceptable and this will most defiantly be addressed by the Housekeeping department.
Again thank you for your feedback, as this means we are able to increase our levels of service for all of our guests and customers.
Kind regards,
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel ruined our weekend - and by the comments of others, many other peoples weekend too.

All the good about this hotel is washed away by the negatives at the weekend.

After having a pre theatre dinner, we decided to return to the Hilton for a post theatre snack and a few drinks. Our ears told of of the horror to come BEFORE we were in sight of the hotel. The Bar and Restaurant are turned into a night club every friday and saturday night. Locals refer to it as the "Playground" for the young girls that hang around inside. The volume was way beyond reasonable. Having come to terms with the reality of our plan being thwarted we headed to our room. Room service would cost an extra £5 tray charge so we wnet back to the bar to try and order there to take back to our room. We could not even get near to the bar.

A large number of other residents were similarly affected and also headed off to bed in despair. At least we were not on a low floor. I guess anyone on the first floor would not sleep.

On departure we asked for a taxi. This failed to turn up despite checking twice. On the third attempt, the concierge Liam showed utter contemt for a customer and his role meaning that we missed our train home.

Never ever again.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear 6Jupiter,
Thank you for providing us with your most recent experiences of the Hilton Liverpool and I regret deeply that you did not enjoy your stay.
As advertised, we do have live entertainment in the Pima Bar; this is incredibly popular of a weekend and has become a main attraction in the city. I am upset to see that you did not enjoy this feature during your stay; we do have an alternative seating area for our residents to socialise in quieter surroundings. What you believe our locals are referring to is the new nightclub next to the building called ‘Playground’, which is an exclusive membership only bar.
I can only apologise for you missing your train, I have a lot of trust in all of our members of staff, and I can assure you that the team member you speak of is very dedicated to their job role.
Thank you once again for your feedback and if you wish to discuss these points further please contact me directly on sarah.johnson3@hilton.com.
Kindest regards,
Sarah

Been to Hilton Liverpool? Share your experiences!