“Minor hiccups..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Liverpool

Save Saved
You added Hilton Liverpool to your Saves list
Hilton Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Thomas Steers Way, Liverpool L1 8LW, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Special Price
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #29 of 99 hotels in Liverpool
Kuala Lumpur
“Minor hiccups..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

As visitors to Liverpool, we were impressed by the friendliness of Liverpudlians everywhere, the staff of the hotel included. We were checked in to the executive floor with minimum delay although we had arrived rather early.
The rooms were generally tidy and clean, although the carpet was starting to show signs of wear and tear. The breakfast buffet was ample although it would help if this was available in te executive lounge, as is the case with Hilton's elsewhere.
On checkout, was surprised to be asked to pay £3.50 for a bottle of Perrier from the room fridge when none was taken. The staff said this was because I had moved the contents and thus had electronically triggered the sensor! No refund given..Why wasn't a notice placed to warn guests of this hazard?

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Steff B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear DoctorBaker,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback for Hilton Liverpool, constructive feedback such as this is always of benefit to the hotel to ensure ongoing improvement,
During January we did limit the operating hours on Executive Lounge and offer all of our guests to enjoy the full Breakfast in the main Breakfast room, I do apologise if this caused you any inconvenience at all during your stay.
In regards to the mini bar charges, the mini bars in the rooms are on sensors, and so will charge automatically to the bill, but if the receptionist is made aware it was not taken it is standard to remove it from the bill until the mini bar is checked. I apologise if this was not the case on your booking, and would be happy to look into having this refunded.
If you would like me to look into this please do not hesitate to contact me by email on steffanie.buck@hilton.com.
Please accept my apologies again; we look forward to welcoming you again soon,
Regards

Steff Buck

996 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Liverpool UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I and my partner have stayed here numerous times now, we are from Liverpool & in our 20's.
All hilton hotels have comfort and style so always opt for this stay! We've payed well over the odds for 'A hard days night' hotel and its awful! please get a executive room they are worth it for the views and extra space/furniture. Not to mention the exec lounge area if you are not out busy in town. Key location at the heart of L1, friendly staff to go with a welcoming hotel, however the new 'manager' for the reception area a young girl to be exact may need to remember the city in which she is working in! Very rude and actually lied to us about exec rooms until we had to correct her! Amusing in the end after her ego trip seemed to finish but not what people would like to be welcomed to Liverpool with. Other reception members apologized on her behalf stating she was new. However just check in and check out and enjoy your time the hotel and area is perfect :)

Room Tip: Executive rooms 612 & 622
Dear RhiiandDrew,

Thank you very much for your feedback, I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay overall and choose to stay with us regularly.

I am sorry to see the problems with service received, and would very much like to discuss the further to source more information, if you would be willing to provide any further info could you please email me on steffanie.buck@hilton.com.

Kind Regards,

Steff Buck
Haywards Heath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'd promised myself a stay at this property for some time, and a good rate in Hilton's January sale persuaded me to finally take the plunge and try it out.

I travelled by train from London and whilst not adjacent to Lime Street Station, the hotel is no more than a 10minute walk through the shopping district and Liverpool 1. The hotel stands on its own between the John Lewis department store and the waterfront.

Although I was early a room was available so I was able to unpack and head straight out. Albert Dock, including the great Merseysdie Maritime Museum, is across the street and the excellent Museum of Liverpool is only a few minutes walk away. Liverpool 1 and it great shopping is next door.

I was given a top floor room with a view toward the Anglican Cathedral. The view was great, and the bed comfortable. I thought the internal corridors a bit dark but the environment was pleasant enough.

There were no face flannels (wash cloths) in the bathroom and non available when I asked. This is unusual for a Hilton and interestingly, this is the second full service property I have visited in the Liverpool area in recent months which does not offer face flannels, Very frustrating as the Hampton by Hilton the following night had oodles of them!

Attention to detail in the maintenance area was a concern. The security bolt on the door to my room was broken off. I had the standard lock, but no security bolt. And the toilet seat was not properly fixed to the toilet. Lifting the seat meant it became disconnected from the toilet which was not ideal.

I only ate breakfast at the hotel. This is buffet style, and was tasty and hot. Staff were friendly throughout.

Maintenance issues aside this was a good stay and I will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Wildthing271,

I was very pleased to hear your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I hope you had a lovely weekend in the city, and took advantage of what Liverpool has to offer.

You comments regarding the flannels have been forwarded to the Head of Housekeeping, as it is not a standard to have these in the rooms, on request this need should have been met and I apologise profusely that it was not.

Thank you for reporting the Maintenance issues to me, these have been reported to the department as a matter of emergency to ensure our bedroom doors are all completely safe for our guests. Safety is incredibly important to us at the hotel, and this will be dealt with straight away.

Again thank you for informing me of your experiences at the hotel and if you require any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to email me directly; sarah.johnson3@hilton.com.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Liverpool.

Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have just returned from our 2 night stay and friends wedding. Initially we booked for saturday only but booked for Friday a few days before the stay, this caused us to have 2 separate bookings and did cause confusion on check in and after night 1 our keys timed out. But Rachel on reception very lovely and sorted it. Although on our return it would appear we were charged for breakfast this morning and we didn't have it due to the long wait for a clean table. The room was lovely with an amazing view,the wedding was fantastic. Providing I get a refund for the breakfast we didn't have I will book again, the hotel is close to all shops and attractions.

Room Tip: We were on floor 5 and we slept with no disturbances
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times, it really is fantastic.
Great location, fabulous rooms, amazing views, lovely staff.
The breakfast is so good that we have been in for breakfast when we have visited Liverpool for the day, just gone early and booked and paid for breakfast!
This is definately the place to stay in Liverpool.

Merseyside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Just booked for a night on impulse. Great views across the city and the docks and a very comfortable experience. Rooms were nice and quiet and it was a very relaxing environment. Thoroughly enjoyable and great location for shopping and places to go of an evening.

Had breakfast the next morning and the fried breakfast was patchy to say the least, being self service (poached and fried eggs aside) a lot of the food simply sweated disgustingly under the cloches. The scrambled egg in particular was revolting. There are a couple of places a short walk away which serve a better breakfast.

Service was very good though there was a fair old queue at checking out time, it seemed a bit disorganised really.

The accommodation was great but the food left a lot to be desired. Given the room was the main point I will give four out of five.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask to face towards Chavasse Park as opposed to the bus station.
Dear Mr Faulkner,

Thank you for sharing your comments with me in regards to your most recent stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be an 'Impressive Experience' and I sincerely hope you will revisit us for another relaxing stay in the city.

Your comments have been reported to the Head chef, so he is fully aware of how to improve our current breakfast options and make them more appealing for our guests.

Please speak with myself directly if you would like any further assistance with future stays on 0151 708 4298. I look forward to welcoming you back to the city and hotel.

Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Hotel was nice. Good location, beautiful modern decor and nice atmosphere. Rooms in particular were very comfortable with amazing views over the docks. Housekeeping and reception staff very friendly and accommodating.
Service in the main bar was terrible however and remained terrible throughout the course of the stay. We drank/ate there several times during our stay and on each occasion we were waiting almost an hour for our bar food (sandwich) and a cup of tea/coffee took almost 30 minutes to prepare,

Room Tip: rooms with views of docks are larger
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Michelle,

May I firstly thank you for sharing your experiences with me regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased that you took advantage of the hotel's great location in the city, and thank you for your kind words towards our staff.

I have reported your comments to the Restaurant and Bar Manager, who will be investigating the current communication between bar staff and the kitchen. Thank you for highlighting this with me so I am able to address the issue immediately.

If you would like to speak with me again directly, please contact me by email sarah.johnson3@hilton.com. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Liverpool.

0151 708 4298

Been to Hilton Liverpool? Share your experiences!