“Small details need attention, otherwise good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Liverpool

Save Saved
You added Hilton Liverpool to your Saves list
Hilton Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Thomas Steers Way, Liverpool L1 8LW, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #31 of 100 hotels in Liverpool
Haywards Heath
“Small details need attention, otherwise good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'd promised myself a stay at this property for some time, and a good rate in Hilton's January sale persuaded me to finally take the plunge and try it out.

I travelled by train from London and whilst not adjacent to Lime Street Station, the hotel is no more than a 10minute walk through the shopping district and Liverpool 1. The hotel stands on its own between the John Lewis department store and the waterfront.

Although I was early a room was available so I was able to unpack and head straight out. Albert Dock, including the great Merseysdie Maritime Museum, is across the street and the excellent Museum of Liverpool is only a few minutes walk away. Liverpool 1 and it great shopping is next door.

I was given a top floor room with a view toward the Anglican Cathedral. The view was great, and the bed comfortable. I thought the internal corridors a bit dark but the environment was pleasant enough.

There were no face flannels (wash cloths) in the bathroom and non available when I asked. This is unusual for a Hilton and interestingly, this is the second full service property I have visited in the Liverpool area in recent months which does not offer face flannels, Very frustrating as the Hampton by Hilton the following night had oodles of them!

Attention to detail in the maintenance area was a concern. The security bolt on the door to my room was broken off. I had the standard lock, but no security bolt. And the toilet seat was not properly fixed to the toilet. Lifting the seat meant it became disconnected from the toilet which was not ideal.

I only ate breakfast at the hotel. This is buffet style, and was tasty and hot. Staff were friendly throughout.

Maintenance issues aside this was a good stay and I will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Wildthing271,

I was very pleased to hear your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I hope you had a lovely weekend in the city, and took advantage of what Liverpool has to offer.

You comments regarding the flannels have been forwarded to the Head of Housekeeping, as it is not a standard to have these in the rooms, on request this need should have been met and I apologise profusely that it was not.

Thank you for reporting the Maintenance issues to me, these have been reported to the department as a matter of emergency to ensure our bedroom doors are all completely safe for our guests. Safety is incredibly important to us at the hotel, and this will be dealt with straight away.

Again thank you for informing me of your experiences at the hotel and if you require any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to email me directly; sarah.johnson3@hilton.com.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Liverpool.

1,174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have just returned from our 2 night stay and friends wedding. Initially we booked for saturday only but booked for Friday a few days before the stay, this caused us to have 2 separate bookings and did cause confusion on check in and after night 1 our keys timed out. But Rachel on reception very lovely and sorted it. Although on our return it would appear we were charged for breakfast this morning and we didn't have it due to the long wait for a clean table. The room was lovely with an amazing view,the wedding was fantastic. Providing I get a refund for the breakfast we didn't have I will book again, the hotel is close to all shops and attractions.

Room Tip: We were on floor 5 and we slept with no disturbances
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times, it really is fantastic.
Great location, fabulous rooms, amazing views, lovely staff.
The breakfast is so good that we have been in for breakfast when we have visited Liverpool for the day, just gone early and booked and paid for breakfast!
This is definately the place to stay in Liverpool.

Merseyside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Just booked for a night on impulse. Great views across the city and the docks and a very comfortable experience. Rooms were nice and quiet and it was a very relaxing environment. Thoroughly enjoyable and great location for shopping and places to go of an evening.

Had breakfast the next morning and the fried breakfast was patchy to say the least, being self service (poached and fried eggs aside) a lot of the food simply sweated disgustingly under the cloches. The scrambled egg in particular was revolting. There are a couple of places a short walk away which serve a better breakfast.

Service was very good though there was a fair old queue at checking out time, it seemed a bit disorganised really.

The accommodation was great but the food left a lot to be desired. Given the room was the main point I will give four out of five.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask to face towards Chavasse Park as opposed to the bus station.
Dear Mr Faulkner,

Thank you for sharing your comments with me in regards to your most recent stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be an 'Impressive Experience' and I sincerely hope you will revisit us for another relaxing stay in the city.

Your comments have been reported to the Head chef, so he is fully aware of how to improve our current breakfast options and make them more appealing for our guests.

Please speak with myself directly if you would like any further assistance with future stays on 0151 708 4298. I look forward to welcoming you back to the city and hotel.

Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Hotel was nice. Good location, beautiful modern decor and nice atmosphere. Rooms in particular were very comfortable with amazing views over the docks. Housekeeping and reception staff very friendly and accommodating.
Service in the main bar was terrible however and remained terrible throughout the course of the stay. We drank/ate there several times during our stay and on each occasion we were waiting almost an hour for our bar food (sandwich) and a cup of tea/coffee took almost 30 minutes to prepare,

Room Tip: rooms with views of docks are larger
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Michelle,

May I firstly thank you for sharing your experiences with me regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I am so pleased that you took advantage of the hotel's great location in the city, and thank you for your kind words towards our staff.

I have reported your comments to the Restaurant and Bar Manager, who will be investigating the current communication between bar staff and the kitchen. Thank you for highlighting this with me so I am able to address the issue immediately.

If you would like to speak with me again directly, please contact me by email sarah.johnson3@hilton.com. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Liverpool.

0151 708 4298
Lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed two nights from Boxing Day and was able to check in early, however things went down hill from then. When we went into the Executive lounge in the evening it was strange that a special table had been set up to serve drinks and when we asked why we were told that the it was because the night club close by was open. We soon realised that the clientele in the lounge were not the usual type you would meet in there. Later when we retired to our room on the 6th floor we were kept awake until 5am with people running up and down the corridor laughing and shouting. In the morning the corridor smelled heavily of cigarette smoke. When we mentioned it at reception the on our way to Breakfast the reply was an uncaring sorry!. Our second night was in line with normal hilton standards and expectations.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent and why we have stayed here a number of times. This trip was a 3 night stay as we were in Liverpool for a wedding. We usually book the exec rooms as for us the extras are worth that bit more. Our room was Ok, clean enough, but the bed was on its last legs. You only had to move an inch and it creaked horribly... the bed frames clearly need changing.
We had breakfast in the exec lounge each morning and the quality is reasonable.
The staff in the lounge were pleasant the reception staff are fine too...
There is always something "Liverpool" going on at this hotel, it is more than just a hotel, and seems to be a venue for parties, lunches, christenings and all sorts of other stuff. One evening we couldnt get back in the main door as it was so full of girls with fake tans, very short skirts, having cigarettes at the entrance. The hotel seems to do nothing to discourage this type of clientele.
If it wasnt for the location to Liverpool 1 we would not stay here, it is not quiet, it is brash, very lively, and noisy, especially at weekends.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor so you get as far away from the noise as possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Liverpool? Share your experiences!