“Couldn't ask for better” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #15 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Couldn't ask for better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night before a early morning flight. Found rooms to be very nice amazing shower with towels, shower gel and hand wash all provided. Resturant in hotel was good with quick service. Left my car in hotel car park in a park and fly deal. Car park was well lit and had cctv coverage. Just a 1min walk over the road to the airport and have no complaints whats so ever. Breakfast was from 4am so managed to get some food before i had to leave for my flight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mairead_Smyth, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Ron,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, and for awarding us a top rating. It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities both in the room and in the restaurant, and that our Park and Fly deal was helpful to you with your travels. I hope you consider us again next time you are in Liverpool.

Mairead Smyth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Polish first
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel before and had a great stay then, this time was no different. There are so many good things about this hotel, it is by far the best airport hotel we have stayed in. The proximity to the terminal buidling couldn't be any closer. The rate we got was very good, we stayed at both the start and end of our holiday and it included parking which is secure. The only thing I would say is that I agree with a previous reviewer about the signage to the hotel is difficult and on entering the airport it isn't clear where you go- I thought I was entering short stay parking to begin with.
The hotel itself is very clean. The rooms were almost sparkling (the bathroom was actually!) and very comfortable and nicely furnished (large wall mirror for example a nice touch). The bar/ restaurant area is nice and the food and drink reasonably priced. Food was OK (could do with a more extensive menu) and breakfast was good.
Overall I think this is an excellent hotel, highly recommended and will definitely stay again if flying from Liverpool.

Room Tip: No tip as I think rooms are very similar.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Claire,

Thank you for such a good review, and for awarding us a 5* rating. It was a pleasure to read that you are a returning guest, and that we have maintained our high standards since your last visit – thank you especially for your kind words regarding our facilities, cleanliness and location. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton in the future.

Abingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed one night for business in the area, first time in a Hampton and was very impressed.The hotel betters the normal standard of budget hotel chains just about everywhere you look - room size, furnishings, facilities, cleanliness - for a cheaper room rate than I was quoted for Holiday Inn Express. And although it was not important for me, the hotel is right next to the terminal - not half a mile away with no shuttle bus; however, the sound insulation is so good you cannot hear the planes at all. Free parking, free in-room wi-fi, complimentary cooked buffet breakfast, there is even a gym, and everything is spotless.
The only two points of criticism I could make are that the airport signage to the hotel by road is poor ( you have to access through the short stay carpark, and I only found that out from this site ), and that their breakfast suasages are as tasteless as everyone else's. Is there a special law that hotels are only allowed to serve tasteless sausages in the mornings???

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Poole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights over Easter, using the hotel as a base to explore Liverpool. We had a great room on the 11th floor, with the sofa made into a bed for our son.

Breakfast was included and was absolutely fine. The hotel is perfect for the airport, and when we were there about a 20 minute drive into central Liverpool; of course as this was a bank holiday weekend there was very little traffic, so I'd imagine it would take longer during the week.

Wifi was ok, not particularly fast and annoyingly you seemed to have to log in after any extended period when you were not using it.. but it was free and more than adequate.

Staff were al very friendly and helpful.. overall a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Great views from the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear ‘GB1970’

Thank you for awarding us a top rating for your last visit! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and would like to thank you for your compliments towards our staff. I hope you will consider us again next time you are in Liverpool.

Chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is my second visit to this hotel, it just keeps getting better! We stayed for 2 nights, speedy and efficient check in staff very friendly and could'nt do enough for you. The standard of this hotel is excellent the furnishing are luxury and the rooms are spotless, breakfast is available from 4am, free parking and approx £15.00 in taxi to The Albert Dock but more so in a black cab (not recommended) I am already planning my next visit thankyou :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Teresa,

Thank you so much for another great review – I am so pleased you enjoy your stays with us, and that everything in the hotel is to your liking. We look forward to welcome you back to the Hampton soon!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is the only true airport hotel at Liverpool. I had booked in to a nearby hotel that described itself as being at the airport, but when I arrived I found it was a ten minute walk with no shuttle bus. I really didn't fancy the prospect of dragging cases down the road at 5am in the snow and freezing temperatures!!! So, I immediately booked into the Hilton instead as the location is terrific. You can literally see Easyjet check in from the bedrooms!

The location is fantastic, as well as the decoration. It is clean and modern and the staff were very helpful.

There were three problems however;

1. There is a dinner menu available but all the meals are pre-cooked and microwaved to order. Why not put a proper chef on and make it better than this? We were in a mood to celebrate before our holiday and would have spent good money on a nice meal and bottle of champagne. Instead, I had the only veggie option and stayed awake all night due to the amount of cheese added.

2. I could hear noise in the corridors overnight - it's an airport hotel so this is inevitable as people check in and arrive at all hours, but there should be more effort made to remind people to be quiet or better seal the bottom of the doors.

3. A fluke I know, but the boiler broke and there was no hot water in the morning - the shower was freezing. To be fair, I received a full refund for the inconvenience without a quibble so again, great customer service.

I'd definitely stay here again due to the fantastic location and long stay car park which was almost next door.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lift lobbies due to comings and goings of travellers
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Mairead_Smyth, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear 'snowqueen75',

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, and for such detailed feedback! I am so pleased the hotel’s location, décor and cleanliness were all to your liking, and thank you also for your kind words regarding our staff, it is most appreciated.

I can only apologise for the lack of hot water during your stay – we experienced a serious fault with our boilers, and although the issue is now fixed I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We also endeavour to ensure all of our guests are respectful of each other with regards to noise levels in the hotel; however we are limited in our ability to reduce guest noise. I sincerely hope that these issues will not dissuade you from staying with us again.

Once again, thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay, and we hope to welcome you back to the Hampton soon.

Kind Regards,
Claremorris, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Enjoyable stay and not too expensive considering proximity to airport. Overall experiance good and friendly and helpful staff.Breakfast plenty of choice and hot, stayed on numerous occassions and have always had a pleasent stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear 'jcrc2609',

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hampton Liverpool Airport. As a regular guest it is great to hear you have an enjoyable experience whilst staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Mairead Smyth

Been to Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport? Share your experiences!