“Brilliant for early morning flights.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
Thuir, France
“Brilliant for early morning flights.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We booked this hotel because we had a very early flight back home. The airport is literally across the road. We were very impressed by the standard and the price about £58 for a double room including breakfast. The Continental buffet breakfast is served from 4am and was quite acceptable. If we're flying the same route we'll stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very well placed, just over the road from airport terminal; absolutely great place for awaiting flights therefrom. We were not flying but flying at ground level down assorted motorways to Cheshire Oaks Shopping Centre, about 30 mins. away.

I really must warmly commend the young, female, receptionist on duty morning of 17 Jan 2013, for so pleasantly and efficiently addressing our small problems - very well done, indeed ! - you're a very great credit to your employers.

All in all, highly recommended indeed.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton John Lennon Airport as we had an early flight the following morning, and were impressed with our first stay.

The price we paid was very fair at under £60 inc breakfast as we booked early. Check in was smooth and quick, the lady at the front desk was friendly.

We were in room 617 which was a large(ish) room had a sofa in the room, the room was clean and was the standard Hampton room you'd find anywhere else in the world.

We ate in the hotel, the tasted ok but was a little overpriced... but it's at an airport so it's to be expected.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay at the Hampton again, especially if we had an early flight.

Haywards Heath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have reviewed this hotel previously, back in autumn 2009 when the hotel was brand new. I've stayed at the hotel many times between then and now, but I thought another review was in order.

I stayed on this occasion as I was having a weekend in Liverpool, and here purely because it was a cheap option to kick-starting my quest to retain top tier loyalty status. Consequently I took the bus (86A) from Liverpool 1 after checking out of the Hilton where I had stayed the previous night. The bus drops you off in front of the terminal, so the route to the hotel is the same as it is for airport passengers, in that you cross the drop off zone, enter the car park and go to floor 5. If one drives,location is just off the main dual carriageway from Runcorn Bridge to the city. The hotel has an open air, semi-exclusive car park area on the roof of the airport car park, directly in front of the hotel.

Check In was quick - the staff turnover hasnt been huge and I see the same faces visit to visit. All are friendly and efficient. I was allocated room 601 which is a large corner room adjacent to the lifts. Enterring the room is curious as it is a corner - you have to use your room key to enter a small hallway, which contains the doors to 601 and 602. So you effectively have double security at these rooms.

The bed is comfortable, there is a work desk and a reasonably sized bathroom which contains a toilet, sink and large shower area. Wifi is available and is free to all guests.

The rooms still appear brand new. The fittings in the bathroom gleam, - the white wear is polished and presentable, and the chrome on taps etc sparkles. Towels remain soft and fluffy, and unlike the higher spec Hilton in the city, face flannels are available.

I ate in the hotel...a small range of hot bar food is available of an evening - the usual suspects of Chicken Tikka, burger etc. Breakfast is served in the same area, but whilst dinner is ordered at the bar, breakfast is self service. The choice is good -n I had cereal, bacon, sausage, scrambled egg and toast which is tasty and hot. My only criticism with breakfast is that the staff are too good at clearing tables. I poured myself an orange juice, set it down on my table, went back to get my toast from the toaster, and by the time I returned to my seat, the orange juice had been cleared.

Efficiency aside, the only other gripe is that the chairs in the lounge area appear to be the wrong height to eat comfortably at the numerous tables. It's not impossible to eat but if the chairs were an inch or two higher, it would be perfect.

Amusement was provided by the airport provided departure information screen in the hotel lobby, which indicated that the gate for the Isle of Man flight would open 465168 minutes - over 300 days!!! Not the hotels fault and people were even photographing this!

So this hotel is highly recommended. The minor gripes are exactly that, minor, and the entire environment still feels brand new. This will remain my hotel of choice for budget stays in Liverpool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I were flying early from Liverpool Airport and booked in at this hotel the night before. Breakfast (continental rather than a full cooked one) was available from 0400. The rooms were good and we weren't aware of any planes, despite the hotel being literally opposite the airport. Parking for 8 days was included. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Cant praise this hotel enough from check in to departure. Fantastic rooms plenty of space and very clean. Breakfast was plentiful something for everyone with chill out areas to read a paper or book whilst you wait for your flight. it was my birthday and on my arrival staff had left a bottle of wine and chocolates in my room which was a personal touch. on the whole a great hotel and we will be back

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Fantastic hotel, really confortable rooms and nice hotel staff. Just opposite to the terminal is very convenient for flying early. Breakfast starts at 4am which helps to start the day in good shape. We will go back again soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport? Share your experiences!