“Airport hotels do not get any better than this” 5 of 5 stars

Park & Fly from £99
Ranked #18 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Airport hotels do not get any better than this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was out 2nd stay and again it was perfect from start to finish. For many years we stayed in The Crown Plaza Liverpool Airport but its over a mile away and so are ALL of the other airport hotels. None of them have a shuttle and you have the hassel of taking a taxi from the hotel to the airport?? The Hampton in literally at the front door of the airport! so much so - we go and check in for our flight then nip back to the hotel for our breakfast. Their combined parking rate is the cheapest of all the other hotels too. Check in took 2 minutes - no labourious filling in forms etc. Rooms are really big. Double bed and a sofa bed for 2 small children. The hotel is very quiet - no airplane noise at all? The staff are what makes this hotel! they're all immaculateley grooms, smile and very attentive. From Reception staff to the guy replenishing the breakfast food. How is this for Customer Service? We were going to Paris,as a family, for my Husbands's 50th birthday and we were all wearing matching birthday t.shirts that we had made specially. A delightful young lady named Katy Parks noticed this right away,wished a happy birthday and when we came down to the bar later that evening she greeted us with a birthday card and gift signed by The Hampton Team!

Room Tip: pre-book your parking with the hotel. Its cheaper than all the other airport hotels. Nip over to the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Polish first
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had 4 nights at the Hampton by Hilton John Lennon airport ending on 26/10/12. Prior to leaving I worked on the free WIFI in the room for a few hours but realised time was getting on and I had to get home for an appointment. I rushed down to reception complete witth all of my belongings, checked out in seconds and was on my way back to the Midlands.

When I neared Shropshire I realised that I had not collected 'all of my belongings' at all, I had left a wardrobe of clothes (ironed shirts/trousers etc.? and there was no way I could go back for at least another week or two.

I called the hotel and spoke to Martin Lote (Deputy General Manager) who said he'd find out about postage etc and get straight nack to me. I received a call from Martin later on who had come up with an unbelievably generous offer - he would drop the items off with me the next morning personally, which he indeed did.

In this day and age for this type of thing to happen is something which knocks you back on your feet. Martin was a real gent and did something that actually helped me a great deal as I had my branded work wear included in the belongings. All I can say is 'thanks' to Martin and the Hampton and for how they treated me, I'd recommend them to anybody.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Obviously you would probably only stay here if you are flying from John Lennon airport. A quality hotel with all the features you would expect and normally available for a very reasonable price would certainly book again

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

You won't find better hotel if you need to stay close to the aiport - and have great value for money. New and clean hotel with nice rooms and actaully a quite cosy lounge and bar area with great food. Ask for a room with a view of Liverpool! excellent staff - very helpfull!

Room Tip: ASk for a room with view of Liverpool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Harrogate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel last Saturday to attend a family wedding in nearby Woolton. I contacted the hotel in advance to request an early check in as the wedding began at 2pm. We arrived at midday and the receptionist was very friendly and advised us the room was ready. I also requested a room on one of the higher floors - This was no problem and we were allocated a room on the top floor.The room was spotless and the view of the airport runway and Mersey Estuary, in the distance, was fab.

Breakfast the next morning was a little chaotic, but I'm putting this down to the airport being fogbound and the guests staying on longer than expected.

I'm an exiled scouser, but this was my girlfiend's first trip to Liverpool. Thanks to your warm and friendly welcome, her first impressions of the city were good ones. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel due to a flight cancellation with Easyjet. Checked in at around 2pm, we were able to go straight to our room. Reception staff were friendly and not phased by the amount of people who turned up together at such short notice. Nor were they bothered that we were not paying out of our own pockets.

Room was comfortable, spacious with an extremely comfortable bed and also a sofa bed. The room had air con/heating which worked well. Plently of space for suitcases and to get ready. Room decoration was simplistic and modern. TV was large with good availability of channels.

Bathroom was fine, spacious shower (no bath but this didn't make a difference to us).

Corridor was quiet and could not hear any sound from neighbouring rooms.

We were provided with a free meal each (courtesy of Easyjet, evening and breakfast). Due to the large number of unexpected guests there was a very long wait for the evening meal, however this was highlighted to us when we placed our order. Staff were very harassed and busy in the restuarant/bar area but remained calm, friendly and professional. Breakfast was a buffet with a range of hot food, self service toasters, cereals and juices. With the option of having traditional English or continental breakfasts. Plenty of space to eat and drink in the bar/restaurant area.

The location of the hotel for the aiport couldn't be any better. Less than a 2 minute walk away to the check in desks. And is also suprisingly quiet considering how close it is to the runway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Me and three female friends booked this hotel and parking through APH due to us having a early flight.Location to the airport is great,you cant miss it it's opposite the actual terminal so no taxis or airport buses required just a short walk from the hotel and your there. Reception staff were very nice and booking in was straight forward . Even tho you are at the side of the airport we couldn't hear any noise outside. Continental self service breakfast is included in the price.Can not comment on the restaurant as we did not use it.The hotel is clean and the bed was comfortable i had requested twin rooms, what we got was a double bed and a put me up single bed which was fine for one night.Very good value for money Would stay again and recommend if you have an early morning flight .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport? Share your experiences!