“Handy and good value” 4 of 5 stars

6 attraction reviews
“Handy and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This pub is 300m from my daughter's flat
it offer huge portions of meat for the price
and the views are stunning too
defo worth a visit
its a nice walk along the prom to Albert dock and L1

Visited September 2012

Runcorn, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
“Great views but average by Crown's standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Went here today for the first time. I am a regular visitor to Crown Carveries and thought about giving this one a visit.

Firstly, it has to be said that the crowning glory is not the food, its the view. Positioned right on the riverfront at Liverpool - close to the old garden festival site - this carvery is very well postioned. If your going to or from Liverpool via the coastline its ideal. The car park requires a £1 charge but this is refunded when you order food.

Inside the pub resturant is a little grubby, thankfully I went the toilets on the way out , they are not too clean. It looks tired and in need of a refurb unlike many other resturants in the chain. Finally and importantly to the food, it was Ok, very average -too much was dry but with a hundry stomoach it hardly mattered.

I would go back again if in the area but it hardly requires a trip or visit for a special family occasion.

Visited September 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great Views & Good Food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner visit this Carvery regulary. Although there are other carveries closer to home, we make the effort to come to this one in particular because of it's nice location, friendly staff, good food and generous portions.

Riverside Drive is a nice scenic route from Otterspool Prom, right into Liverpool City Centre, and the Britannia Inn is situated right on the prominade with stunning views of the River Mersey, Liverpool Waterfront, and the Wirral.

Carpark is a good size however recently I think there have been changes made so you have to pay for parking...But no-one takes any notice. I assume Traffic Wardens are far too busy slapping fines on motorists in the town centre to make an extra special trip down to the promenade, but we shall soon see.. There is a free carpark over the road on a hill anyway. You may see me doing barrell rolls down the grassy embankment from time to time. I clearly like to live on lifes wild side.

AaAaAaAnywayyyy... Upon entering you can find yourself a seat, look at the menu and order & pay your food and drinks from the bar. Handy if you're in a rush to get home afterwards, you don't have to wait around to pay. No waitress service unlike Toby Carvery, but when I go out I prefare speaking to as few humans as possible, so that suits me down to a tee..

So, once you get your "Carvery Ticket" you make your way over to the MEAT. I have always found you get nice portions here which is why we prefare the Britannia over other Carverys. The Chefs are friendly and willing to accompany your needs. I've found the meat to always be good quality, hot, juicy and tender. I don't eat greens, after having sprouts forced down my throat as a child, so I can't give a personal opinion on them however I hear from my partner that they are delicious... The roast Potatos are nice, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I am a very fussy eater. Can't fault the gravy though.

Food is served from 11am-9.30pm. If you are planning to eat I would not reccommend getting there any later than 8.30pm especially if it's on a quiet day. If the restaurant is not busy, Food can only be kept heated for so long before the quality starts to diminish so if you want fresh helpings then the earlier you go and the busier it is the better... We went a little on the late side recently and the remaining food was luke-warm, but you can't expect them to cook everything again fresh from start when they're about to close (I have worked in many restaurants and bars in my lifetime and there's always that one annoying customer who comes in just as your about to shut and orders everything on the menu. It's annoying. Maybe you're that customer? If you are stop it. I personally think every customer should be like me. Considerate.)

So, apart from that minor mishap which was our fault anyway, we shall be returning. - Oh and Great value for money also. £3.99 - & you can go back and fill your plate as many times as you like. So stop stuffing your face with McDonalds, stuff it with a Carvery instead. Cheaper. Nicer. and Healthier.. Over and Out.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great value Carvery with lovely views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The Britannia is both my partner's and my favourite carvery here in Liverpool.

We have found that the portions are more generous than at the likes of the Toby Carvery.
The meat is always very tender and juicy and there is a good selection of veg an condiments.
Plus the gravy isn't overly thin and runny like at most carveries.

Staff are mostly very pleasant and happy to help which is always good.

One of our favourite things is that even if we go at 9pm, there is still usually always nice meat and veg despite the late hour.

Definitey one to try, great value for a good hearty meal!

liverpool
57 attraction reviews
“handy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

the location of this pub is really great i live nearby and have used it as a relief on a walk, the meals however are what we would refer to as plastic and nothing to rave about and wouldnt eat there unless we had to

Visited August 2012