“ok for overnight” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Liverpool

You added Novotel Liverpool to your Saves list
Novotel Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Hanover St / Gradwell Street, Liverpool L1 4LN, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #28 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Shannon, Ireland
“ok for overnight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

stayed for one night. Was very late arriving but reception was fine and efficient. Did not have any drinks or food. My rating is based entirely on the room which was very average and the bed was a double and only just,certainly not a Queen or King size. Shower was ok, separate toilet which gave the room an unusual layout. AS a place for to stay for a match or a bit of shopping then its location is second to none. Would stay here again for that

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a fantastic hotel . Arrived to find I was guest of the day with a personal letter from the manager. My room was superb with every facility i would need . Breakfast also excellent as werw the staff. Will definately stay again. Don Whittaker St. Helens

Room Tip: best to travel midweek for prices which apparently rise at weekend if there is a football mqtch on...
Green Features: I am impressed with teh modern set up and the enviromentally friendly practices
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just returned from a two night stay at the Novotel, this is the second time that we have stayed at the hotel and we would recommend it to other travellers.
It is in a great location, only five minutes to the Albert Docks area and close to all of the shops and restaurants. Staff are very friendly and helpful, our room was large, clean and comfortable. The pool is lovely, although not very big, it was clean and quiet, on both times that I used it. The changing area is bright and clean if not a little small, I imagine that it would be a challenge if the pool and gym were busy. The food in the restaurant is pretty good, my husband loved his beef burger, my curry was o.k., the breakfasts are good and very generous.
Overall, a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Booked this hotel as we were visiting a club nearby. The check in was handled with friendly and helpful staff. The room was clean, modern and very quiet even though we had a room at the front overlooking the road!

The breakfast was excellent with something for every one. Unlike many hotels these days the checkout is at 12 giving you plenty of time to sort things out!

Whilst not using the swimming pool etc we did go down to take a look around and that area looked really well equipped as well.

All in all a great stop over hotel - we will be back!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Douglas, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First stay at a 'Novotel' and was impressed with it's modern feel.

The location is fantastic for shopping as the hotel is literally round the corner from Liverpool One and the Christmas entertainment for children.

The bar area was up-to-date and relaxing. Breakfast was enjoyable.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Chester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a good stay, reception was efficient and the bar wasn't over priced. Nice atmosphere and rooms were spacious and clean.
The only issue was the amazingly small beds, we had room 214 and our friends in 212, the beds in our friends room were larger singles where ours were tiny little beds?? Just couldn't work it out why they were so small, for a really large person they would of been completely unfit.
Get bigger beds and there would be no problem with this hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear RickChester

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear that our rooms were spacious and clean. We do have some rooms with smaller single beds. If you wish to be in a different room please let us know your preference and we'll arrange it for you.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Liverpool.

Kind Regards

Matthew Brett
Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my 2nd stay in the Novotel Liverpool. This time I was with my 8 year old son for a Liverpool match. The 2 main reasons for picking this hotel was location and facilities, namely the pool.

When I stayed here in April, the pool was closed for emergency maintenance. This time, I had decided to pay the extra to let my son enjoy the pool the morning after the match. He was delighted until we got into the lift on the Sunday morning to see a notice up that the pool was closed for emergency maintenance! I couldn't believe my bad luck! Stayed there 2 times , both times pool was closed.
This is ridiculous considering the leisure facilities generate the higher cost of the room. Also, as we had flown over for the match, we were hauling unnecessary swimming gear with us!
I did complain at check out but got little satisfaction from the reception desk.

One other annoyance was at check in. Checkin was slow and after a long wait we got our key and had gone to our room only to get a call 5 minutes later requesting I came back down straight away as they had forgotten to swipe my card. Their mistake but I had to go down immediately.

The plus side was very clean, v good breakfast and location is superb.

Would I stay there again? If I was guaranteed that pool was open, then yes as location is great. If not, I would be reluctant at the high rate for a room.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear AnotherVision

Thank you for providing a review of your stay here with us in September. As you are aware we had issues with our pool earlier in the year. These issues have since been resolved with a new boiler system. We'd love it if you returned to make use of our facilities. Please get in touch with me directly and I will handle your reservation for you. Unfortunately I can't see your details on here to get in touch with you.

Kind Regards

Matthew Brett

Been to Novotel Liverpool? Share your experiences!