“Good Choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Liverpool

You added Novotel Liverpool to your Saves list
Novotel Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Hanover St / Gradwell Street, Liverpool L1 4LN, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #27 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights inc Saturday. Friendly efficient check in although the automatic check machines were not working. We asked for a quiet room which was noted and we got a room overlooking the courtyard, and it was very quiet apart from someone knocking on the door at 3.00am. (reported to security) Room - good size clean and comfortable. Bathroom etc all good. Hair drier and amenities, bed comfortable.
We didnt have breakfast as it seemed expensive at £15 (or £10 in advance). Went to the Hole in the Wall cafe nearby (recommended)
Location good in Hanover Street, walking distance to St Georges docks and city centre, and local restaurants (try Christakis Greek Taverna)
Didnt have time to try the pool etc so cannot comment on those facilities. Apart from the bar or restaurant seating no lounge seating on the ground floor.
If you book in advance can get reasonable rates

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guy C

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear your check in was friendly and efficient and that your room was clean and comfortable.

Our breakfast can be bought on the day for £13.95 or in advance for £9.95 which is great for guests who don't want to leave the hotel to eat. I'm glad you found us well located to go and explore other eateries.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Matthew Brett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
Port Stephens, NSW, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights on the 22nd and 23rd May. Great central location and the welcome was warm and efficient. Very nice room, all the amenities we needed. Staff friendly and very helpful from checkin to checkout. Lovely modern fresh entrance and bar area.

Only downside, in the restaurant I was offered buffet dinner, I went to the buffet and selected an entree type meal first planning to return for main, salad and cheese. While I was eating my entree the chef commenced closing down the buffet. When I went back for my main and salad, it had all been taken away and the only items left were a small selection of cheese, no salad, or desserts. Had I known this was to occur I would not have ordered the buffet at 15 pounds for a tiny entree

Room Tip: Fantastic location,close to Liverpool One, Albert Dock. TATE museum
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear 22Victoria22

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and that our staff were happy and friendly.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience in the restuarant. If you have time and would like to discuss this matter further please contact me on 0151 702 5100.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed here for one night with my boyfriend and was really impressed with pretty much everything! The hotel itself was in a really good location for the centre, the room was bigger than I anticipated and the staff were really helpful and approachable. Considering its location, the room was really quiet which was great. When it came to breakfast the staff were very welcoming and made sure that I was provided with a number of things that I could eat - I'm coeliac so it can be a little restricting! Can't comment on the spa as didn't use it.

Room Tip: Book your room in advanced - we stayed on a Saturday night and got breakfast included for a reasonab...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear YasWill,

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay at Novotel Liverpool.

I am very pleased you enjoyed our location and also that your found our staff to be accommodating and approachable.

We hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Last minute trip booked with my loyalty points with Accor and I was very surprised.

Exec room was a slightly strange layout, checkin was quick and easy, beds comfy (including the sofa bed that was made up for the group).

Pool - nice except they ran out of big towels for people to use and there was no way of contacting reception to ask for more. Perhaps a phone in the changing room just in case?

There was one other issue that I believe is an isolated incident and I will address this with the manager should they request it, just put a slight dent on the trip but nothing catastrophic.

A good hotel, excellent location.

Dear Ian C,

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay. I'm glad that overall you had an excellent stay, however I am sorry to hear there was an incident during your time here.

If you have time to discuss this further please do contact on 0151 702 5100.

Berkshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The location of the hotel cannot be faulted. Situated centrally so it's close to a great range of shops, bars and restaurants plus near to the lovely Albert Docks area.
The hotel itself is modern and comfortable with spa/gym facilities and a nice bar (the bar staff are lovely and super friendly).
We paid extra for an executive room. It was spacious and came with a few added perks such as a nespresso machine, Bose iPod dock etc. Our only real complaint (which prevented a 5 star review) was that our room wasn't serviced whilst we were out in the morning between 07:00-11:00, nor when we're out 12:00-14:30. We asked at reception if this could now be done whilst we waited in the bar to which they agreed. Unfortunately 50 mins later it still had not been serviced and when we asked again we were met with a curt response. Not what we expected.
Overall, one blip will not colour my opinion too much. A nice hotel with, on the whole, friendly and happy staff!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Liz_Bug21,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Novotel Liverpool.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I am pleased to hear you found our facilities to your liking. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the late service of your room, I will certainly look into the matter.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Liverpool,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stayed here 17th and 18th May 2014. Twin room on the 7th floor. Had a very pleasant stay and was impressed with the room, very modern bathroom and good quality TV. Windows were well insulated so we hardly heard any sounds from the street.

We arrived about 11am and were able to get our room straight away.

The location was perfect, five minutes walk from Albert Docks and just before the docks the bus station. A few doors along you find a large Tesco which was very handy for getting food etc. Easy walking distance to Lime Street Station.

If in Liverpool again would not hesitate to choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and that is what we got, 7th floor and at the side of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear CairoWendy

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay here with us. I'm happy to hear you were impressed with your room.

I'm also glad to hear you enjoyed our location, we are situated in a great part of town.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Matthew Brett

Been to Novotel Liverpool? Share your experiences!