“Family trip to Liverpool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Liverpool

You added Novotel Liverpool to your Saves list
Novotel Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Hanover St / Gradwell Street, Liverpool L1 4LN, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
NOVOTEL SPRING OFFER
Ranked #30 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over Christmas, room and aminities great, restaurant staff were great, breakfast staff fantastic especially the lady who welcomed us "Penny" extremely accommodating nothing to much trouble. I will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Zbobe,
Thanks for the great review and I am pleased Penny looked after you.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed regularly nice the hotel first opened. On our last visit on 02/01/14 we were disappointed with a number or things e.g. Blood on our toilet door, a delay of nearly 2 hours when checking in and the quality of our evening meal left a lot to be desired. The pool area was dirty, dirt and dust hanging from the ceiling vents and the usual nice sized towels have been replaced with a much smaller sized alternative that soon run out. We think there have obviously been an attempt by management to cut costs as in our opinion the quality has been on promised. What a shame as it as been one of our favourite hotels in recent years. On a positive note, our waitress was lovely. Breakfast was also poor. E.g. after picking up a full bottle of water it was full of sticky hand marks and was clearly dirty. We had to ask for it to be replaced with a clean bottle. Claire Gallagher Stephen lee

Stayed January 2014
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Claire,
Thank you for your review however I was disappointed to read your comments. My sincere apologies if we have fallen short of our usual high standards we pride ourselves on. Please do call me if you have time to discuss further 0151 702 5100.
I remain at your service.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here for three nights between Christmas and New Year. Choice of hotel was assisted by previous Tripadvisor comments, location of hotel and previous good experiences with the Accor chain. Location was great with only a couple of minutes walk to Liverpool 1, eateries and public transport. Front desk staff were attentive and helpful and offered the usual 15 pound upgrade which we declined. Room was a reasonable size and rather quirky with toilet separate from shower. What did let down the Accor brand was the housekeeping of the rooms. The sheet on the double bed barely covered the mattress resulting in the sheet coming adrift early in the night. On the afternoon of our last night the room was still being cleaned (after 4 pm) and the staff member was startled at our appearance. This meant that we did not receive any coffee and were missing replacement towels. One other point was the use of plastic drinking cups in the bathroom. For all three days we were there one of these was cracked - perhaps hastily rewrapped and put back on the shelf? Wifi was also slow and unreliable. Would I stay there again? Probably not given the diversity of accommodation available in the city which is a shame as I try to stay with this group when I can.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear ozjamboree,
Thank you for your review.
My sincere apologies that your bed was fitted with the wrong size sheet. I have passed this on to the Head Housekeeper to follow up with her team. I am sorry that we did not have the opportunity to rectify this during your stay. On future visits please do not hesitate to inform us immediately of any queries/requests you have and we will rectify them as quickly as possible. We have a team available 24 hours a day.
I do hope we still have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel.
Southport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I would stay here again. The hotel is lovely and clean and is in a fantastic location. If I was to be picky then my only complaints would be the view of the car park next door was boring and the door key was a complete pain every time we needed to unlock the door it took about ten attempts to get it to work. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the pool wasn't working but the hotel were more than happy to send us to the Marriott hotel in a taxi at their expense so I have no complaints here. The hotel was great value and I would return again. I am pregnant and found the bath very high up from the floor when getting out, just a little bit of a hazard but one of those things

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear southporthappy,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you had a positive experience. Thank you for your additional comments. We do have walk in showers in many of the rooms, please just let us know on reservation and we can allocate this ready for your arrival.
We hope to see you and your family on your next visit to Liverpool.
Isle of Man
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here with friends from Dec 30th to Jan 3rd. We have stayed at Novotels before and were not disappointed this time.
Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. However our friends' had an adjoining room which was disappointing. Their beds were small (2'6") and had hard lumpy mattresses. There were no drawers and very little storage space. This apparently was a 'disabled' room. A disabled person would not have a good night's sleep! We had asked for rooms next to each other not adjoining. We were sure that if we had asked, they would have been given another room but our friends would not not let us complain as they don't like to 'trouble people'.
One thing we were not happy about was the lukewarm tea and coffee served at breakfast. We asked for more but it was hardly any hotter - result was we went back to our rooms and had a nice hot drink there!

Room Tip: Specify that if you want rooms next to each other, you don't need adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear manxie52,
Thank you for your extensive review.
Am disappointed to read your friends were not comfortable in one of our Superior Accessible rooms. If you have time to let me know the room number I will personally check the mattress 0151 702 5100.
I am also sorry to hear your tea was not as hot as you expected. I have checked everything is in order now. I have also brought this to the attention of the Restaurant Manager to test and observe this and monitor guest feedback over the coming weeks.
We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Liverpool.
Matt Brett

Been to Novotel Liverpool? Share your experiences!