“Well situated and excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Liverpool

Save Saved
You added Novotel Liverpool to your Saves list
Novotel Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Hanover St / Gradwell Street, Liverpool L1 4LN, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
ADVANCE SAVER - 30% OFF
Ranked #29 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Well situated and excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ideally located in the centre of Liverpool, a stones throw from Liverpool Bus Station, the City Centre and the Waterfront.
In the basement is a good size pool and gym that opens early and does not close until 10pm.
There are plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance as well as night time attractions.

Room Tip: We had a family room with a sofa bed for th kids
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear B P,
Really pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and liked our leisure facilities.
We hope to see you again soon.
Matt Brett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Clean and modern hotel. Great position to see liverpool from and got at a good price. Review would be quite different if had paid full price. Bed sunk in middle a bit so not best nights sleep but overall good hotel great price and location!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear johnricky1702,
I am pleased to see you found us well located and your room clean and modern.
We hope to see you again soon.
Port Sunlight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is ideally located in the heart of Liverpool. I have never been disturbed at night and I always have breakfast in bed. This is my fortress of solitude and I love it. I have only ever stayed in an executive room so I don't know what the standard ones are like. Don't hesitate to book if you're looking for anywhere central. The only criticism I have is when I pay above £100 for a room I do expect my cases to be taken to my room for me.

Room Tip: Spend an extra £20 and have an upgrade! The views of the city are fantastic from the Executive rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear spuderini,
Thank you for such a great review and I am pleased to see we are your Hotel of choice in Liverpool.
See you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in August 2012 for 1 night with a friend. We needed a good location as we were stopping over after a night in Liverpool. Room was fab, very clean and great view across to the docks and Lpool1.

Great facilities, we especially liked the use of their sound system. I plugged my ipod into the tv while we got ready and when you shut the door in the bathroom the sound system was amazing! Never experienced anything like it in a hotel bathroom! The shower the morning after our night out made the hangover much better!
Great hotel, location couldn't get any better, walked to Lpool1 for a meal and again walked in concert square later on without needing a taxi. This hotel made my birthday night out!

• Stayed August 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Here I am again with Novotel. A warm welcome from the friendly staff, I think they are getting to know me now.
I had a fab stay as always and enjoyed my breakfast so much I had seconds! I had fun watching Italian tv in my room.
I always look forward to my visits here at this hotel because I know I can expect consistently good standards and very pleasant and helpful staff, always a pleasure. Try it for yourself.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Welwyn Garden City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just returned from Three nights at this hotel, I was on floor three with a room that faced another hotel, not a great view but it wasn't a problem!! The room itself was fine, clean, with a stocked mini fridge which was useful for storing milk for my cuppa!!

The bed was comfy and everything in the room worked as it should.

Nothing to complain about, I stay in Novotels a fair bit and I really could have been in any country!!!

We did eat in the hotel one evening. It wasn't too bad, but the food was quite dry and felt as if it had been kept warm. Breakfast was excellent, great selection of food and again the staff seated us and bought tea or coffee straight over.

Used the spa and pool a couple of times, the pool was freezing but the sauna was great and very relaxing! It was worth it for the trip to the sauna alone.

We were able to use the quick check out , with assistance from a member of staff.

All in all a very good comfortable time and we are planning to return in June.

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower floors have no view!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear lyzzydee,
Thank you for such a positive and detailed review, really pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and will be return again June.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Stockport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Here with my friend on business, stayed 2 nights in a superior double room each... To start with only 1 person on reception and about a 20 min wait to be seen.
Then we get in the lift and you can't move until you swipe your room key card...
Rooms and bathroom very nice. Separate toilet so have to wash hands in different room. Ran out of loo roll, only given 2, 1/4 rolls. Called reception for more:no reply.
My tea/coffee not replenished, went down to reception to inform them on my return they had thrown a box in the room with a mixture but no sugar....
Used the pool, it was freezing and exceptionally salty.... Like swimming in the sea. It was also full of kids unsupervised.
The bed was very uncomfortable, it was memory foam along with the pillows.
My colleagues room had her bed made but not cleaned.
Breakfast on first morning. Very nice. Second morning the bacon did not look burned, but tasted like charcoal.
Glad we have not booked in here when back in June for 6 nights. The service by staff very poor overall.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Ms McNulty,
My apologies again for the shortfall in service form your recent stay. I do hope you received my email safely and that we still have the opportunity to welcome you back in June.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Matt Brett

Been to Novotel Liverpool? Share your experiences!