“French logic...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Liverpool

You added Novotel Liverpool to your Saves list
Novotel Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Hanover St / Gradwell Street, Liverpool L1 4LN, England   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
UP TO 30% DISCOUNT
Ranked #31 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Linkoping, Sweden
“French logic...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hotel was up to par, but one thing bothered me. When you pay 125£/night and you still have to pay extra for wifi, I get a bit frustrated. The wifi costs 9 £/24h and is only functional on one device (locked to MAC-adress). Welcome to 2012...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear greventg,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay. We do currently charge for Wi-Fi as you have noted, our Executive rooms do include Complimentary broadband though as part of the package and we have two I-Macs in the lobby where you can browse the internet for free.
We still hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Liverpool when you next visit the City.

lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We spent one night at the Novotel, the bedroom was excellent, fantastic views over to the Albert Dock. The bed was extremely comfy,carpet was rather tired and grubby. The separate toilet we thought was very unhygienic as there was no washbasin so basically germs were being transferred to door handles etc while you went into the bathroom to wash. Not good!! Also the bath/ shower bad design as you have to stretch around the shower glass door to turn on the shower, but the main gripe was how dangerous it was getting in and out of the bath, very very slippy, both of us nearly had a nasty accident. Breakfast was superb and staff very pleasant and helpful. Didn't use restaurant at night, or use leisure facilities so can't comment on those. If the bathrooms were sorted out I would return but not until.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Jenny,
Thank you for your detailed review, I was pleased to see you found the bed comfortable and us well located for visiting the city.
I am pleased to inform you we do have bathrooms with the toilet located in the same room. Also we have walk in showers in a selection of rooms if you prefer this to the overhead shower and bath option.
I hope you will now consider us next time you visit Liverpool. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here in november my first time in liverpool. The hotel was centrally located and easy to find and get too , bus stop outside. It was 5-6 minute walk to the main train station. The shopping precinct is beside the hotel and with this and china town close by there was no shortage of restaurants to eat in, The rooms were modern and well equipped warm and tidy. Coffee making facilities in the room were a nice touch. I have always liked the breakfast in novotel and this one was also good. The front desk staff were very helpful and nice to deal with. The steam room was off when we went down and it was quickly put right with no fuss at all. i will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sean,
Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to seeing you again when you next visit Liverpool.
Kind regards,
Sleaford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

A nice modern hotel with a futuristic feel. I had no real gripes although my wife thought that the furniture was a little IKEA-like. The bed was superb. It was large with a very good memory foam mattress that assured a good night's sleep. We did have a slight problem at check-in which took about 15 mins to sort out. The staff could not find my reservation at first (worrying as the hotel was full). They had me down as Lynch rather than Leech! Thankfully, all was well in the end. The breakfast on Sun morning was excellent with no wait to eat as some have mentioned before.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Geoff,
Thank you for sharing your review, I was really pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for your patience with the Reception team on arrival with the confusion over your name, I am pleased to read it was resolved at the time.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Liverpool.
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a really good choice for Liverpool. You are a few minutes from Albert Dock and you are very central. Thee are lots of bars and restaurants very close by.

The rooms are spotless and if you can afforda few more pounds the executive rooms are a good choice.

The automated check in wasn't working properly when I visited. I also had problems around me be registered for breakfast. They were small details but a bit frustrating at the time as it invariably means hanging around exception. The staff are really helpful though.

Room Tip: Executive and or ask for a room with a good view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear GisUK,
Thank you for your review, I was pleased you found the Hotel well located for your visit to the City and the room was spotlessly clean.
My sincere apology that the Self check in was not available on your visit. This has since been fixed however I am sorry we had not corrected prior to your arrival.
Regarding the confusing with the breakfast register please do contact me at the Hotel so I may investigate further 0151 702 5100.
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I really can't find anything to fault about our recent overnight stay here, check in was effort-less and our room on the 2nd floor lovely. It's a very central based hotel, good for both the Echo arena on the docks & Lime Street station. As we had a early train to catch we missed out trying out the breakfast. Have been to Liverpool a number of times, staying elsewhere, this hotel would be well worth a second visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Peterminier_75,
Thank you for your review, I was pleased you had a hassle free stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Liverpool.