“great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Liverpool

You added Novotel Liverpool to your Saves list
Novotel Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Hanover St / Gradwell Street, Liverpool L1 4LN, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #28 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here in november my first time in liverpool. The hotel was centrally located and easy to find and get too , bus stop outside. It was 5-6 minute walk to the main train station. The shopping precinct is beside the hotel and with this and china town close by there was no shortage of restaurants to eat in, The rooms were modern and well equipped warm and tidy. Coffee making facilities in the room were a nice touch. I have always liked the breakfast in novotel and this one was also good. The front desk staff were very helpful and nice to deal with. The steam room was off when we went down and it was quickly put right with no fuss at all. i will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Sean,
Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to seeing you again when you next visit Liverpool.
Matt Brett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
Sleaford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

A nice modern hotel with a futuristic feel. I had no real gripes although my wife thought that the furniture was a little IKEA-like. The bed was superb. It was large with a very good memory foam mattress that assured a good night's sleep. We did have a slight problem at check-in which took about 15 mins to sort out. The staff could not find my reservation at first (worrying as the hotel was full). They had me down as Lynch rather than Leech! Thankfully, all was well in the end. The breakfast on Sun morning was excellent with no wait to eat as some have mentioned before.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Geoff,
Thank you for sharing your review, I was really pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for your patience with the Reception team on arrival with the confusion over your name, I am pleased to read it was resolved at the time.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Liverpool.
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a really good choice for Liverpool. You are a few minutes from Albert Dock and you are very central. Thee are lots of bars and restaurants very close by.

The rooms are spotless and if you can afforda few more pounds the executive rooms are a good choice.

The automated check in wasn't working properly when I visited. I also had problems around me be registered for breakfast. They were small details but a bit frustrating at the time as it invariably means hanging around exception. The staff are really helpful though.

Room Tip: Executive and or ask for a room with a good view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear GisUK,
Thank you for your review, I was pleased you found the Hotel well located for your visit to the City and the room was spotlessly clean.
My sincere apology that the Self check in was not available on your visit. This has since been fixed however I am sorry we had not corrected prior to your arrival.
Regarding the confusing with the breakfast register please do contact me at the Hotel so I may investigate further 0151 702 5100.
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I really can't find anything to fault about our recent overnight stay here, check in was effort-less and our room on the 2nd floor lovely. It's a very central based hotel, good for both the Echo arena on the docks & Lime Street station. As we had a early train to catch we missed out trying out the breakfast. Have been to Liverpool a number of times, staying elsewhere, this hotel would be well worth a second visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Peterminier_75,
Thank you for your review, I was pleased you had a hassle free stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Liverpool.
Sheffield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel is centrally situated and our executive room 922 afforded great views of the liverpool skyline looking over to the catholic and anglican cathedrals.
We used the automated check in which was straightforward. The room was large modern fresh and well equipped. There was a nespresso machine for coffee and a Bose ipod player. The bed was large comfortable and warm and the room was quiet.
Only two gripes really.
1. My step son was given an additional key to our room without any check of his ID. The duty manager listened to my account and stated that they would not have given him a key had he looked scruffy. In addition he tried to comfort me with the assurance that the hotel would cover any losses incurred by their lax approach to security. If only all criminals looked shifty...
Also had my step son interrupted an 'intimate moment', no amount of compensation would have erased alarming images from his mind!
2. The pool was cool and the steam room out of order. The changing cubicles were untidy.
We enjoyed the breakfast booked separately the night before at a reduced rate.
There are several other similarly priced hotels in Liverpool city centre and I would be keen to try one of these next time.

Room Tip: The 9th floor was well away from street noise. Book breakfast the evening before you may get a disco...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear SouthernHawker,
Thank you for leaving your feedback. I was pleased to read you liked our Executive rooms.
Please accept my sincere apologies about your step son being given a room key. Guest security and comfort is one of top priorities and something we pride ourselves on with the level of service we provide. I am going to investigate immediately with the Reception Manager and he will take the appropriate action to avoid any re occurrence.
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you again on your next visit.
Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My family and I stayed in Liverpool in the Novotel for two nights, because my brother and my Dad were going to see a footie match in Goodison Park and me and my Mum were going to do some shopping. The reception staff were very helpful, friendly and welcoming. The only thing was that the car park was quite far away, but it didn't really matter. When we got up to our room we were amazed at how nice it was! A reasonable sized TV, big, soft beds (with Tempur Matress's) and a nice bathroom. We were also greeted by some Champagne and a baloon in our room (unfortunately it wasn't for us as they had just got the rooms muddled up) However we just called reception and a friendly member of staff arrived, apologised and gave it to whoevere's it was. We had a comfy nights sleep and you couldn't hear any noise outside which was a bonus! :) The next day my brother and my Dad went down to reception to order a Taxi to get to the match, the receptionist was very helpful. Me and my Mum had a long shopping spree! Seriously if you are a shopaholic this is the place for you! We lost count of how many shops there were! We then came back and waited for my Dad and my brother and they said the match finished as 2-2 which was alright! :) The pool was a slight dissapointment as it was quite small and very busy! Anyway I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a nice, short break in somewhere with class! :)
I hope you found this review helpful :)

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Celeste J,
Thank you for leaving your detailed review. I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend with us for Shopping and the Football. My apologies regarding the mix up with the welcome tray and thank you for letting us know and your patience at the time.
We hope to see you again on your return visit.
Matt Brett

Been to Novotel Liverpool? Share your experiences!