“usually good” 2 of 5 stars

42 Stanley Street, Liverpool L1 6AL, England
Improve this listing
Ranked #583 of 1,157 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“usually good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was looking forward to celebrating the start of the mathew st festival weekend with my husband and another couple watching liverpool whilst dining. We were seated straight away and I know this is a child friendly as I've been here loads of times with my 2 daughters from when the restaurant first opened but I'm pretty sure that child friendly doesn't include parents sitting watching the match getting extremely drunk whilst their children run riot. The staff also seemend oblivious to this also. Service was terrible we waited 20 mins and that was just for the menu. Food was ok but again we waited ages. Not once did anyone ask if we were ok or did we need anything, at one point I had to chase our waitress just to get another drink. There was not enough staff on given the day and location of this restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Carlow, Ireland
“Enjoyed the beer and food in Jamies place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great spot for a sports fan to start a night out in Liverpool. Jamie Carraghers spot is a Liverpool fans dream with great photos and lots of screens to watch the footie. The food menu is varied and good quality.

Visited September 2012
“Terrible. Do not go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've just been there with several work colleagues for lunch. Had to wait over an hour to be served and the food when it eventually came was mediocre at best. Avoid!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Poor and shocking staff!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

After the matthew street festival we had booked this restaurant for 7 of us. We arrived and where seated at a table that was big enough for 4 but with extra chairs added. Our waitress came over to take the order (who was rude right from the start) for our drinks and one of the guys with us was taking forever to order so another one of our party jokingly appologised about him to the waitress to which she replied "sorry about me, I think I want to kill myself" jokingly of course but needless to say she got no tip!! the food took over 35 mins to arrive even though it was Burgers and pizza and when it did arrive the chips were luke warm and the burger was of the same temperature. We were so hungry we decided to eat it anyway however one member of our party sent it back saying his chips were cold. We were surprised when it came back only a few mins later only to find it was the same plate of food just heated up in the microwave. My Opinion, go to weatherspoons same quality of food for a lot less!! And the staff are a lot more welcoming!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“We all dream of a team of Carraghers...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dropped in here for a beer with some friends of ours the day after the LFC match. Busy place –most TV screens I’ve ever seen in one bar before. No Carra sighting unfortunately.

Visited January 2012