“my old favourite” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“my old favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

frequented by my friends and family for many years . the restaurant is popular with locals, students and tourists visiting penny lane , this curry house is simply the best. the food is excellent and ive tried most things on the menu the sizzling tikka and tandoori's are my favourites as are the fresh poppadoms and dips . The staff are really friendly and helpfull and have a good knowledge of the food they serve, reasonable prices and decent house wine with a range of indian beers on offer they also offer a great takeaway service.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“My local Indian-and the best I've been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Decor and layout pleasant, quite chilled ambience. Food excellent, tried every veggy meal on the menu, the Madras is delicious but not overly hot; the Vindaloo, is, well, a Vindaloo, The Jalfrezi and the Dopeaza are delicious too.
The prices aren't sky high and I've been to a few locally ( I won't name names, but one's very close to where I live and one visit was enough), which are pricier and you leave feeling half full. The service is usually quite efficient and the waiters are friendly and courteous. I also have to add that the location is handy if you're travelling by bus- there's a bus stop right outside ( the 86), which runs from town very frequently.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Been visiting this restaurant for about 20 years now and it never disappoints! The staff are friendly and very attentive. Easily the best Indian food I've ever experienced. It doesn't try and use fancy decor to sell itself. The food speaks for itself!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Still going strong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

23 years and £000s spent the RT still comes up trumps, here's to another 23 years of consistently good and reasonably priced food! I'm still not too sure about the last refurb, but then again when I first went it was orange painted wallpaper chip. Well worth a visit.

liverpool
“[---] hot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've been coming here for nearly 20yrs I've seen the staff grow up you may get the odd below standard curry now and then (I think that's when No1 chef is off) but generally a great place. I echo all of the other reviews.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere