“Way out of town, run down unmanned 'hotel'” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Beech Mount Ullet Suites

You added Beech Mount Ullet Suites to your Saves list
Beech Mount Ullet Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   85 Ullet Road, Liverpool L17 2AA, England (Sefton Park)   |
Ranked #71 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
London, United Kingdom
“Way out of town, run down unmanned 'hotel'”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night as we were up in Liverpool to see a football match. When we arrived at this hotel we were very disappointed, the garden out the front was overgrown, the front of the building is run down, there is no reception. The TV in the room was tiny and had poor reception. 'Easy links' into the city centre, well there's no station nearby. Nothing around it for ages and walk into town took 50 mins. It felt like a glorified hostel to be honest. Wouldn't stay there again and wouldn't go back. All I can say is the room was nice and it was clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in the grove suits. Was very worried after booking this guest house after reading the reviews especially because I booked this hotel for several different people. We had 4 or 5 rooms. Hotel was very quiet which was nice, had it's own car park out the back. Doors have codes which they email to you! Clean communal kitchen type area with iron, microwave chairs etc. Rooms have a fridge, kettle, tele. Bathroom is fairly small, but it was clean. Towels provided. Shower could have been a bit more powerful, but that's all I could fault. Bedrooms were fairly large, high ceilings and generally nice looking. For the price we paid, I was very happy, it was better than other priced alternatives Travelodge, premier inn etc. Very close to city centre, taxi only cost £5 ish in and £10 back as it was night rates. Overall great! Would recommend if you want clean and pleasant, but don't expect the Ritz!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. The room was a nice size and the bed was comfortable and clean, and there was a fridge and a kettle, and access to a kitchen area if needed which also looked clean.

The bathroom was okay but badly designed. The towel rail was blocked by the shower door so there was no where to put your towel when you were in the shower and there was no mat provided so we had to use hand towels to stand on. There was no where to put toiletries on or even to put your wash bag. It should be quite simple to put a shelf up. The shower was difficult to use and the water flow was terrible.

The floors in the room were very slippery, they were some sort of hard wood/laminate and had been very polished. I slipped over twice getting out of bed with bare feet. As there was a lot of furnityre with sharp corners I thought this was dangerous.

There was a lot of traffic noise which didn't bother me but might annoy other people. Unfortunately some of the other guests were very noisy, I was woken up by a group of people coming in at 2.50 in the morning shouting at each other and banging doors. Having no staff on the propery meant there was no one to deal with it. If I had been staying on my own I would have found this intimidating.

Also the description of the place makes it sound as if there is a reasonable amount of parking. there are only two spaces and we had to find somewhere else to park

• Liked — The bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — Slippy floors and noisy guests
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Knowing this was an unattended hotel our expectations were quite low but we were pleasantly surprised. The room and communal areas were clean, tidy and presentable. The shower did fall off the wall which was a bit of shock first thing in the morning and the fridge was wonky but besides that the room was large and overall good value for money. Other reviews mention the noise and the small parking space available - guess we were lucky as the Suites were quiet and had no trouble parking out the front.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The third floor room up narrow stairways was difficult to manage luggage.
Advertised with onsite parking but only 2 spots available.
Room was ok but aged as it would be.
Expectations were not high but were not quite met.
Area did not have much to walk to for eat or shop.

Room Tip: Ask for lower level.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Barnsley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

When we arrived we followed the clear instructions using the codes to access the front door and our room. The room was quite nice, freshly decorated and clean. There was a very large fridge a telly with free view, coffee, tea, milk and water. The bathroom was clean.
I was with my two year old daughter and we had room 6.
There is space outside for car parking but I moved my car to a relatives house near by.
The problems started when load music started playing in the room above ours. Then people started arriving. The stairs are very creaky and the fire doors slam very loadly so with the music and people coming and going we did not have a peaceful evening. I rang the reception number at 12.30am and although the man was very kind he explained it was an unmanned hotel, so hard to get someone to come round and get them to quieten down. I continued to ring every 15 minues or so, but the phone was then engaged until 2am. Someone finally came and broke up the party at 2.30am. There was then lots of noise as the room occupiers dragged thier funiture back into place. We had had a terrible nights sleep. Someone rang our doorbell phone at 7am, distrubing my daughter and I from the little sleep we did have.
Our shower bracket was then broken so I had to hold it over my head for a shower.
The next morning I was glad I had moved my car as there were lots of cigeratte butts and empty drinks in the carpark.
I recieved a full refund for my first nights stay and was reassured someone would attend the hotel every hour the following night to ensure the party stayed away.
When I emerged on the final morning the air in the corridor was thick with weed smoke.
I certainly won't take my daughter there again and would not reccomend this hotel to anyone.
Unmanned hotels are obviously easy places to plan a party.

Room Tip: Don't come here if you want to sleep!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Waste of money. Not suitable for children, dangerous sharp corners, no bath. Poor plumbing, showers rubbish, dated and shabby rooms. Cut myself on broken lampshade, management not responding to complaints. They cannot rely on repeat bookings as no-one would go back there. Was empty bar us on first night not surprisingly. Take torch to get in at night as no light to see door code. No not water at 9.00pm, soft cheap mattresses, broken shower head, very low water pressure so had to shower in my son's room. My door was left open after cleaning!! Overall very poor and my recommendation go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beech Mount Ullet Suites? Share your experiences!