“Brilliant for short stays and nights out!” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Stalbridge Guest House to your Saves list
The Stalbridge Guest House
134 St Marys Road Garston, Liverpool L19 2JG, England   |
Ranked #33 of 63 Liverpool B&B and Inns
“Brilliant for short stays and nights out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in march 2013, after paying so little I was pleasantly suprised! We had a four bed room which was huge, much bigger than a travel lodge or premiere inn. The bathroom is very clean and modern. The man in reception (owner) was very welcoming and gave us all the info we needed to know- taxi numbers etc. brilliant for a night out, however is not in the city centre- 8 pound for a taxi. Would recommend anyone staying for a short period of time. Will be back!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with 3 other friends, we came down for a birthday weekend as we heard it was a good night out! Had a quadruple ensuite room and was fantastic for what we payed! Room was massive, plenty of space to get ready and bathroom was nice and new too! Staff really helpful, told us best places to go and also offered us late checkout which was needed! Location good to centre payed around £8 in taxi so was good between 4 of us! Would recommend to anyone who wants a good place to stay for a night out in Liverpool! Will defiantly be back.

• Stayed March 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

i had come to liverpool for the weekend and was staying in a travel lodge i ended up missing my flights home and had no money and nowhere to stay. my mum booked me into the stalbridge hotel and i was welcomed in with open arms, the owners were really friendly, even though they had a family member rushed to hospital and the room was lovely, i felt right at home, i will definatly stay here again. fantastic place, i dont agree with the rest of the reviews. i would recommend anyone to stay here!!

Room Tip: choose a room with en suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Do not stay here unless you are young and want to party all through the night. There were young people traipsing up and down the stairs from when I arrived back at the “guest house” at 5.00 pm until 5.00 am the next morning. I had to be up at 6 to catch a plane and did not get any sleep. The room was tiny and the furniture was ancient, including the TV, albeit clean. The bathroom was tiny but new and clean. The advertising material is very misleading, as is Trip Advisor! The location is also a bit scary.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

When I booked, I was quoted £180 B&B, when I arrived I was charged £210 and told "we don't do breakfast". The one day I did have time to look for the diner that was recommended by the hotel for breakfast, it was Sunday and the diner was closed. One night we ordered a takeaway from a delivery firm recommended by the hotel, and we all became ill as a result. I phoned days before arrival to confirm and say that we would arrive later on, we were told they close at 10pm, we arrived at 9.50pm after a horrendous journey, buzzed the door and was told "we're closed", I pointed out that they had said 10, and that I hadn't answered my phone whilst driving, and they reluctantly let us in, but it was obviously a hassle for them to do so. Upon checkout, I got an angry phone call and threat of a charge as they couldn't find the keys I had dropped in the slot as requested, although they did apologise when I called back and said they had found them earlier and were going to phone me (supposedly).

On the plus side, the guest house was clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Exactly what we wanted and better than expected. Bathroom was big but the shower wasnt every powerful, you get what you pay for! The staff were very helpful and easy to contact on the phone. We stayed friday and saturday in a room for four and it was much bigger than we imagined - there were tea making facilities. We received three keys between the 4 of us (i think usually you get one each).The cleaner came round at about midday. The trip to town is about 15 minutes and can cost anything from £8 to £12. delta seemed to be cheapest even though the guest house gave us details for village. Prebook (there and back) on a Saturday because we waited over an hour both ways. Most companies dont know the hotel so just direct them to st marys road garston. street parking was easy to find.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Myself and 3 friends stayed in a 4 bedroom room, it was spacious and immaculate. The guest house staff were so very friendly and helpful, I would not have hesitated to approach them had we had any problems as they seemed very genuine and passionate about the guest house. We offered to pay for a late check out and they said this was not necessary and allowed us to check out at midday as it wouldn't have caused a problem! Taxis into the town centre are reasonably priced between £9-£12 and there is plenty of on street parking on the surrounding roads, a supermarket directly across the road which is very convenient. I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you for everything (as we didn't see you on our way out), we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return, and also recommend to others!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to The Stalbridge Guest House? Share your experiences!