“Hostel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Eleanor Rigby Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Liverpool
The Eleanor Rigby Hotel
You added The Eleanor Rigby Hotel to your Saves list
34 Stanley Street, Liverpool L1 6AL, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Ranked #79 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Hostel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I travelled to Liverpool to attend a graduation..This was my first visit..When I arrived at the hotel I was horrified at the state of the hotel..it reminded me of a hostel I had stayed in Australia a number of years ago..The hotel only opens at weekends..it does not have a restaurant or bar...The room was disgusting ..no wardrobe ...no phone..beyond basic..I was awakend at 5 am by an alarm going off in the building next door..I paid £100 for two nights room only ! In comparison my friends paid £100 for b&B at the Hampton Hotel at the docks and it was luxurious..In 2013 this should not be acceptable and this place should not be categorised as a hotel when it is clearly a hostel...!! it ruined my weekend..

Room Tip: If u want room only specify this..most hotels have bar and restaurant if u want this ensure you chec...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I'm a pretty laid back person and have done lots of travelling but this was the worst place I've ever stayed in. The room was basic and initially looked ok but on closer inspection the carpet was stained, the bathroom tatty with push button taps like a public loo! the plug didn't fit so I couldn't run a basin of water, the kettle didn't work unless I held the on button down myself until it boiled (thank goodness I brought my own teabags), the tv worked sporadically and then gave up the ghost completely, the duvet and pillow cover were on inside out, the curtains didn't fit the window. And one measly, skinny pillow! I was expecting noise which was fine but wasn't expecting the lapdance bar next door. I reported the tv to the chap at the desk in the morning and he promised to fix it. I returned at lunchtime and it wasn't fixed and the other chap didn't know anything about it. The room wasn't serviced and the chap promised it would be serviced before 3pm. When I returned at 8pm wanting a shower the room was untouched. I was furious. I was eventually given some clean towels downstairs. The guy said I could keep my bag downstairs the next day after checking out because my train went in the afternoon but when I went down the next morning he said I couldn't after all. He promised that the manager would email me with a refund. He has not. I have no idea how this place stays in business.

Room Tip: Try one of the chain hotels near the dock instead. I will next time.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Aberdare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Not being funny but I don't understand people complaining, you get what you pay for...
Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night. Central location and easy to find. No parking on site but a cheap over-night car park a short walk through the town (£5 for the night) which the lovely receptionist informed us about when we checked in.
The "trick" with the doors are the same in quite a lot of hotels, you swipe it in quick, remove and open the door... It's not rocket science people and you really can't blame the hotel for not being able to open a door.
Nice cosy room and easy to get to local facilities
PERFECT for putting your head down at night and not noisy through the night, our room overlooked the street and we slept with the window open as it was boiling weather but didn't hear a peep from the lapdancing bar downstairs and I'm a really light sleeper.
My boyfriend left his car keys in the bedside table after we checked out but the staff were understanding and really helpful in getting them for him.
I will be visiting this hotel next time I'm in Liverpool!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Again, having read previous was a bit worried...i did know the location and that was the reason i had booked.....fab room (206), very clean - looked onto a brick wall - not a problem for us, we were not there to look out the window (!!) , cant say that we were bothered by noise (we were visiting mid-week), loud seagulls i think you will find are not the problem of the hotel...reception staff brilliant, kept bags for us for later train travelling....would definately go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a one night stay here, booked a double room and a family room for a night out in town, it was fab. Central to everything we needed. The rooms we had were lovely and the staff couldnt have been more helpful. Would definitely stay again :-)

Room Tip: Just avoid the one right at the front. Room 105 and 106 fab!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The only good thing about this place was the lovely receptionist & it is cheap but for a reason. No lifts. Door locks that wouldnt open. Lots of tiny rooms which were very hot, cheaply furnished & the bathrooms are more like cupboard's. Dont plan on getting much sleep either if you havent got ear plugs & your a light sleeper as the music from the pole dancing bar below is rediculously loud & you get woken up very early from n. I personally wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ok so you check out their website and think hmm looks alright! Yeah the photos seemed ok-ish but I reckon they were taken down the road though coz our room definitely didn’t look like that! It was above a lapdancing bar, our window opened out onto the sweet smell of kebabs and there was netting across the glass to stop the seagulls (and their babies! Jake G you're right!) getting in!!!!!
Beatles photos were everywhere but we soon realised these were very strategically placed to cover lots and lots of holes and dodgy plastering! The drawers had mold in, even the obligitory Bible tried to crawl out at one point!
The only saving grace was the location, although none of the taxi drivers in Liverpool knew where it was - but to be fair I dont blame them from wiping it from their minds!
Made us laugh I suppose but thank God we paid very little!! You have been warned!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Eleanor Rigby Hotel? Share your experiences!