We stayed at the Staybridge with friends a couple of weeks ago for a 1 night. On arrival, we walked up the stairs to find a lovely fire in Reception and a reasonable welcome from the Receptionist who checked us in efficiently. We stayed on the 4th floor but were not told to swipe our key card in the lift for it to work so after a couple of failed attempts, we worked it out. On entering our room we were amazed at how spacious and clean it was. The rooms are mini apartments so you walk in to a nice kitchen area, with tea/coffee making equipment, then go through to the sitting area/bedroom. We had an amazing view of the Liverpool Wheel and could see the River Mersey so were very impressed with the view, particularly as the Wheel is lit up beautifully at night. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable with spotless linen. Also, the air-con was easy to control and the bathroom was immaculate with excellent shower and good quality toiletries. Our friends were in the room next door and they were just as impressed as we were. The hotel has a nice seating area around the side of Reception but it doesn’t have a bar. However they do have a mini shop where you can buy bottled wine/beers but they are expensive. They also had basic food on sale, which is handy if people want to eat in in rather than go out. The restaurant is again accessed at the side of Reception and the breakfast is help yourself style. There was plenty of choice with both hot and cold options and as much tea, coffee and juices as you could drink. The hotel is very close to the Albert Dock and about a 15 minute walk to the Liverpool 1 area. We did feel with luggage it was too far to walk to/from the railway station though so we ordered a taxi.
Places we can recommend in Liverpool to eat are The Pump House near Albert Dock, which has friendly atmosphere and good pub grub or for something different there is Alma de Cuba on Seel Street, which is a beautiful old church. We went for a nice lunch snack but it was quiet however in the evenings at weekends, they have salsa dancers and petal shower at 11.00pm so it’s definitely worth seeing. For a nice chinese meal the Jumbo City Restaurant in China Town is good and for evening entertainment, Mathew Street and The Cavern Club are excellent places, particularly if you like live music. It rained during the day so we went to the Beatles Museum, which is well worth a visit and when the weather cleared up we went on the Wheel which has amazing views across the city. From there you can stroll along the front to the pier head which is a lovely walk. We will definitely go to Liverpool for weekends in the future and would stay at the Staybridge again if the price is right, as it can be expensive if you can’t get it on a deal or offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, non-smoking, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a Serviced Apartment Staybridge Suites Liverpool is the ideal place to stay for temporary housing. Staybridge Suites, Liverpool is located on the famous Kings Waterfront, opposite the ECHO Arena, BT Convention Centre and Albert Docks, the largest collection of Grade 1 listed buildings in the UK, also home to The Beatles Story, Tate Liverpool and Maritime Museum. To compliment this, just a 10 minute walk is the newly opened Liverpool One boasting 42 acres of shopping and leisure. Staybridge Suites offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, Most Suites have a River View. All suites are furnished; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, FLAT SCREEN TV with cable/movies, and FREE Wi-Fi Internet . Hotel amenities include 24-HR Service, complimentary breakfast and evening receptions (Mon-Thurs), newspaper, business center, fitness room, Priority Club Rewards and free guest laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Staybridge Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Hotel Liverpool
- Staybridge Suites Liverpool
- Liverpool Staybridge Suites