“Nice view” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 99 hotels in Liverpool
Hull
“Nice view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Handy for Echo Arena and a nice view of the big wheel .....but rooms a bit sparse and bathrooms could do with an upgrade.....breakfast a bit chaotic but once you got in ( on the small plates ) it was tasty enough ....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

1,178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just home from a great trip in Liverpool. First time of staying around the Albert Dock area, it is in such a perfect location with plenty off going ons; bars, restaurants, Echo arena,Liverpool Eye, Tate Liverpool and just a five/ ten min walk to Liverpool One shopping complex. We arrived early was allowed to check in pretty much right away, staff on reception was most helpful. Hotel is basic and clean, it has comfortable bed, all the means of a nice relaxing break. We did pay £10 each for breakfast one morning which I don't feel was worth it at all, it was very overcrowded, no clean tables with no staff around we cleaned the table ourself, the food was nothing special and and didn't seem to be getting replaced when running out. I would also say the bar is overpriced but with so many bars around the docks it was soon sorted. Overall wee had a lovely stay and will look forward to next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew_Toole, General Manager at Jurys Inn Liverpool, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am sorry that we did not capitalise on every opportunity to exceed expectations for you on this occasion. We do appreciate any feedback we receive as it improves the service of the hotel for future guests. We have made many improvements to our breakfast product so it is disappointing that you did not experience them during your stay. I will address the issues raised and I look forward to welcoming you on your return to Jurys Inn Liverpool to experience the change.

If you wish to discuss your stay further please don’t hesitate to contact me by email on andrew_toole@jurysinns.com

Kind Regards

Andrew Toole
Wrexham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Returned from a lovely time in Liverpool to celebrate my Birthday, this time with my Husband, previously went with Sisters, We had a great time, arrived at 1pm and luckily able to check in straight away, this time we parked in the Multi stori carpark, 25% discount for people staying at the Jury cost us £7.50. for 24 hours, last time travelled by Train, St James station was the best station to get off, hotel about 10 minutes walk

The Jury is in a lovely position on the Albert Dock, right by the Liverpool eye, Echo arena ,and Conference centre , The Museums are practically on the doorsep, Liverpool one shopping centre, Matthew St both within 10 minute walk.

We had our Evening meal at the Hotel and it was very nice, we had the 2 courses for £16.95 ,3 course was £19.95, Supplement of £2 to have steak instead of the other dishes offered we had this option, other cheaper options available.

Breakfast was excellent, staff really nice, look forward to my next visit.

Burley in Wharfedale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

From our arrival yesterday we were very well looked after by all the staff from the minute we booked in at Reception until we left to-day after an enjoyable and comfortable stay here. We had taken advantage of a special offer for a 40 year reunion of nursing staff who began their training at the Southern hospital in January 1973 plus their spouses. After a tour around Liverpool One shopping centre, which was excellent, we met up for drinks in the bar prior to an exceptional meal at the local Gustos restaurant in a lively atmosphere. On returning to Jurys we spent the rest of the evening catching up and reminiscing of good times at the Southern and Royal Hospitals.Bar service was very good and most lasted until the early hours. An added plus was the 25% discount on parking £7.50 for 24 hours was a real bonus

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel is nice, very convenient location, the rooms are spacious, nice view, comfortable bathroom, but it was a shower which i do not like to use. Breakfast cost 10 pounds, it is normal, but very huge queues. The staff was very terrible (except for a girl who met in the dining room). In my room, I asked not to clean, I did not need it on this day, hung up a card and went for a walk, but when I arrived, I had saw that the cleaning was carried out, and in the room I left important documents and personal items. However, cleaning was reallly poor, dirty table hadn`t cleaned, laundry hadn`t changed. Next time I would prefer another hotel.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Jurys Inn Liverpool on Tripadvisor. I am very grateful for your feedback, which assists us in improving the service we provide.
I was very disappointed to read that your recent stay at Jurys Inn Liverpool did not live up to your expectations as the usual feedback pertaining to our staff is excellent. I will certainly feed this information back to the housekeeping team so that we can address the points that you have raised.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and if you would like to discuss further please contact me by email on andrew_toole@jursyinns.com

Kind Regards

Andrew Toole
Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Jurys Inn on numerous occasions for business. The rooms are lovely, and the business meeting rooms have everything you would need. The staff at reception have always been very professional and courteous and the team who handle the business meeting rooms are always happy to help - especially if you need to make changes to the room layout for example.
Some more positives include the location; your in the heart of the Albert Dock, about 100m's from the entrance to echo arena (i stayed here when the x factor auditions were on once) and your surrounded by great restaurants (i personally like a good steak at Miller and Carters!).
The only negative i can think of is it lacks a gym facility - which is the norm amongst most hotels in the area ( i.e. The Hilton and the Radisson Blu).
Overall a lovely hotel, and I'd happily go back here for a business trip again. Would I stay here with my partner on a weekend away? Possibly, but I'd have to consider a hotel that felt a little more personable and a bit less corporate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bingley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked the £98 deal as a Christmas treat for our 2 kids between Christmas and New Year, we went for Liverpool as we love the city, loads to do and we booked the pantomime. We normally stay at The Crown Plaza but the Jury's is bang slap in the middle of The Albert Docks, next to the Echo Arena snd 5 mins from Liverpool 1 and the town centre, it's a perfect location, the rooms are adequate, all usual things, tv tea coffee, hairdryer, bar is open until really late, bonus if you been out on town and breakfast is fine, I've had better in Marriotts and Hilton but fir the price we paid it was an absolute bargain, as we only wanted a base and somewhere to shower, sleep it was perfect and I would recommend to anyone, staff were friendly, we were able to check in 3 hours earlier too. I would rather have more money in my picket to spend on entertainment on this type of break, will be back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Jurys Inn Liverpool? Share your experiences!