“Best guest house I have stayed in.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Goodlane B&B

Goodlane B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Goodlane B&B
You added Goodlane B&B to your Saves list
31, Good Lane, Lincoln LN1 3EH, England   |
Ranked #29 of 51 Lincoln B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Best guest house I have stayed in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I arrived on a Monday morning. Sue the owner was away, but had texted me wishing me a good stay and to make myself at home. Met 2 ladies who checked in on things, and were very welcoming. Most comfortable bed, and could not fault the price. Located 10 minutes walk from the Cathedral, and many bars nearby. I shall definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Great breakfast, friendly welcome, beautiful, charming, best behaved ever dog, Jack, close to all main attractions in Lincoln. Sue is so flexible and accommodating and just welcomes guests into her home in a unique way. We could use the kitchen whenever we wanted and had our fish and chips in the dining room one evening. My sister and brother-in-law arrived unexpectedly and they too were welcomed at the B and B like old friends. Sue recommended several places to go in Lincoln and she knows what she's talking about. Staying at this B and B is a heartening experience and restores your faith in human nature. Lincoln is a fascinating place to visit steeped in history with loads of character. There's stacks to do including boat trips, visits to the Cathedral, castle, medieval Bishop's Palace, lots of gorgeous shops and great cafes, restaurants and pubs. Go to Lincoln and stay at Good Lane B and B!

Room Tip: Double Room overlooking the garden is big and beautifully decorated with original Georgian fireplace...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My fiancée and I stayed for 3 nights and cannot say enough about how lovely it was. Sue was away with work when we arrived but we were greeted by her friendly manager, Jenny. We had a very spacious double room with it's own very well equipped en suite (excellent shower!). There is a larger shared bathroom for other guests but I doubt that would be a problem. Our room certainly had a lock on the door as I'm sure did the others so unsure what other reviewers saw as they did not look like a new addition. The bed was very comfortable and the linen very clean and warm. The B&B is on a side street so we could sleep with the windows open without being hassled by traffic noise.

When we asked about breakfast, Jenny said she would make it whenever we wanted, which she did. And what a breakfast; cereal, toast and a full English!

We met Sue the following day and she was just as friendly as Jenny. We also met her lovely dog, Jack!

On our second morning, we were up late due to a wedding reception the night before. We hadn't told Sue when we would like breakfast so weren't expecting any. However, when we eventually came downstairs, Sue was more than happy to rustle up the same as the day before. On our second evening, Sue had some colleagues staying and we were even invited to join them for a spot of wine and cheese, very generous and welcoming.

We had to be away early on our final morning so again didn't expect breakfast. instead, Sue had bought in some supplies especially for us to pack for our coach trip home! Sue was also up early to offer us a final cup of tea before we left.

All in all, 3 excellent night's sleep, 3 lovingly provided meals and an extra gloss on our great trip to Lincoln.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I booked a room at Good Lane and liked it so much I stayed fo 4 months. Sue runs a "make yourself at home" policy and that is exactly what it feels like.Ably assisted by the lovely Jenny both could not do enough for you and I would highly recommend staying there whenever visiting Lincoln.
The location is also excellent, minutes walk from the cathedral and city centre with numerous pubs and retaurants to hand. Great choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Shipley Wesy Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

For a start, everything worked. I'm fed up of B&Bs where economising on showers etc means you're forever putting things back together or struggling with controls that never give the right setting. The 'help yourself' ethos means you're not endlessly tiptoe-ing around wondering what you can use and what you can't. The location was ideal and easily found, the decor pretty, the bed in my room as good as any I've slept on away from home. The breakfasts were generous, the parking free within minutes of the Cathedral quarter, and the conversation stimulating. What more do you want? Paul, Shipley, West Yorkshire.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Groningen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

I have stayed in the B&B for 3 months, because i had a practical period on Monks Abbey Primary school. I had a lovely time and everything in this B&B was good, the food and Annie & Sue were 2 lovely persons! Nothing was too much for them. I'm from the Netherlands and this was my first long time away from my home, they gave me a good feeling and i was feeling home. When i'm going back to Lincoln, i'm sure that i'm going back to this lovely B&B!

• Stayed February 2009
Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I am staying at Good Lane regularly until my house sells and cannot recommend it highly enough. It really is like home from home. Annie and Sue are kind and helpful and take my dog out/look after her while I am at work. If I didn't ultimately want my own house, I would move in permanently. Nothing is too much trouble and the house and rooms are charming, the shower is powerful and the garden a peaceful haven after work.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Goodlane B&B? Share your experiences!