“Lucky find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Allotment House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
The Allotment House
You added The Allotment House to your Saves list
76 Yarborough Crescent, Lincoln LN1 3LX, England   |
Ranked #13 of 51 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Darlington
“Lucky find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We are 3 couples who stayed overnight in October 2013. The rooms were extemely comfortable and spotlessly clean. Lovely view of the cathedral floodlit at night.Hospitality was warm and welcome. There was fresh milk and bottled water available in a fridge upstairs. Very comfotable lounge. Off street parking. Easy walking distance into the city centre.The breakfast was lovely.
A really lucky find on the internet- would have no hesitation in recommending to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Beirut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I spent more than a week in the lovely Lincoln at the allotment house.

Even though it was a working visit, For 9 nights I felt it was just like home.

The owner Barbara was really amazing. She welcomed me with a cup of tea and throughout my visit kept providing me with cakes and fruits.

The breakfasts were simply amazing. I always had the scrambled eggs, Barbara's style. ( Barbara , I can never do them they way you did.)

I stayed in a single room that had a view to the garden and the Lincoln cathedral. (I have now a wonderful background image for my laptop).
there was a tv, a ready set of a fine collection of tea hot chocolate and cafee . Right outside my door there was a small fridge with bottles of water and fresh milk .
I think there was a map on the table for Lincoln too.

Lots of wardrobe space. The temperature of the room was always good, Never felt the cold or hot. there were 2 bed lights , an alarm clock so that i wont be late. ( which didn't work out with me coz am always late) an emergency light just incase.

The sitting room is just as comfy and cozy as it can be. A good place for someone to relax with a book near the fire place.

Thank you Barbara for the lovely time, the night walks :) breakfasts and chocolate cakes ooh and the town lift.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ramsgate, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at The Allotment House with my son last weekend, he is starting Lincoln Uni this week. Nothing was too much trouble for Barbara the lovely owner, including picking us up from the station when we arrived and dropping us back at the uni the next day. The twin room was spacious and spotlessly clean as was the bathroom. As others have said, the breakfast was delicious and plenty of it! I wished we had stayed longer than one night but there's always next time! Barbara, with her kindness and warmth, helped turn what could have been a very upsetting weekend for me into a happy occasion, thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
cheshire uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just returned home after a two night stay at The Allotment House. The Owner Barbara was delightful and made us feel most welcome providing a much needed cuppa after our long journey across country to Lincoln. We stayed in an ensuite room with lovely views across the allotments (hence the name) towards Lincoln Cathedral. Lovely comfy bed and everything you could require and some additional treats such as homemade flapjacks and chocolate brownies. We felt very spoilt.

We would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone visiting Lincoln. Forgot to mention the scrummy breakfast with top notch ingredients, especially the sausages. As our daughter has recently moved to Lincoln to work we shall no doubt be travelling there again and look foward to hopefully revisiting the Allotment House soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Before our arrival at the Allotment House, the owner Barbara had been most helpful in recommending restaurants for us to celebrate my Partners graduation and I could tell from her emails she was a nice lady to deal with, and I wasn't wrong!
The location of Allotment House is 10mins walk from the cathedral (we know as we walked it) or £5 in a taxi and also has off road parking.
On arrival at the Allotment House, Barbara offered us tea/coffee and homemade flapjack all beautifully presented with white china and posh napkins and in the comfort of a lovely sitting room. We were then shown to our rooms, a double with en-suite just recently done it was clean, light and tastefully decorated, plenty of wardrobe/drawer space too, and a lovely view of the cathedral. Ladies note there is a good hair dryer in the room so you don't need to take one!! The second room we booked was a twin, but an extra bed had been put into the room to accommodate the family, it again was like the double, clean, light and with the same view. The second room had a shared bathroom with separate toilet.
On the top of the landing there was a fridge for our use which was stocked with bottled water(free to use) and small bottles of milk to use in our rooms for coffee/tea (much nicer touch than those horrible sachets)
Barbara asked us to select our breakfast for the next morning, and as a family of 5 there was a big variety as to what we liked, but nothing was to much trouble. The breakfast room was just lovely with a huge table and patio doors out into the garden, which you were welcome to enjoy. There was a nice selection on cereals, fresh fruit, porridge(which was delicious) and there was a full English, a vegetarian option and smoked salmon with scrambled eggs, all served with coffee/tea and toast.
We had left a bottle of champagne in the fridge and on our return from the graduation Barbara had left us 5 glasses and some homemade chocolate brownie so we could put our feet up after a great but long day and enjoy some home comforts.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this fabulous B&B&B, if its home comforts you look for in a short break, with lots of lovely little touches thrown in then this is the place for you.
Excellent value for money £65 a night for the double with ensuing, and £75 for the second room with either 2/3 people sharing.
Thank you Barbara for making a special occasion even more special x

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at the allotment house over Bank Holiday weekend. Delicious home made cakes on arrival with a tray of tea. Lovely big room with en suite and a view of the cathedral. Wonderful breakfasts, and quite a selection. Barbara was extremely helpful, offering advice on places to eat, even offering a lift into town, but it is only a 15 minute walk. Very clean accommodation, which looks very much loved by the owner.
We ate at Hoots Cafe, which was very popular, and the food extremely good. Also ate at the Burton Road Chippy, which is reputed to be the best in the country, and was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara A, Owner at The Allotment House, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely comments - I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and also your eating out experiences.
Grenada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed in The Allotment House by accident really. I had booked next door at Eden House but Jane was unable to accommodate all our party. We needed a double room and a triple room, so she suggested The Allotment House for the triple room. It was perfect for our needs. Barbara was very friendly and accommodating. We were met with a lovely cup of freshly brewed coffee and wonderful home-made flapjack with ginger. Delicious.

Breakfast was included in the rate and was very good. In fact I requested a couple of things which were not on the menu and Barbara very kindly accommodated me and my son did not finish his breakfast so she provided a takeaway container so he could munch on it later. She also offered a take-away breakfast for guests in a hurry.

We had the room at the back of the house which overlooked the garden and had a lovely view of the cathedral. It was very large (enough for 3 singles beds with plenty of room in between). The room is not en-suite but the bathroom and toilet is just across the hall. We had exclusive use as the other rooms are en-suite. The bathroom and toilet were exceptionally clean and well designed. The shower was quite possibly the most powerful shower I have ever experienced. There was a lovely dish of complementary toiletries in the bathroom.

The guest house is about 15 minutes walk into the older part of Lincoln - maybe 10 minutes (we walked slowly). A taxi from the centre of Lincoln to the guest house should cost around £5 or less.

There were quite a few very good restaurants within walking distance and a few supermarkets (co-op and a discount store).

I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone who wants a convenient place to stay whilst discovering Lincoln.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are to the back of the property so all have good views of the cathedral and ar...