“Quaint, charming and yummy!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Quaint, charming and yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Treated my husband for Valentine's day. Very romantic and the 3 course dinner was was well presented and delicious!
The service was a bit hesitant as the owner was a anxious an you felt that he was trying his best to make everyone feel comfortable.
I would definitely recommend it for a romantic evening out.

pompeo s, Owner at The Bronze Pig, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend Valentine's evening at The Bronze Pig and for your comments.

Gainsborough, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our party of three ate here on 13 March and we all give it a big thumbs up! The atmosphere was welcoming and relaxing, Pompeo as front of house was easy to chat to and a mine of information, the waitress was charming and efficient, and head chef Eamonn did a grand job - easy to see how he became a Masterchef finalist.
With the menu changing weekly we had no idea what to expect, and with a choice of only four dishes for each course this could have been a problem, but in fact we were spoilt for choice and could happily have eaten anything off the menu.
My husband and I both started with Pan Seared Scallops with cauliflower puree and a raisin and caper dressing, while our friend chose the Charcuterie with soft pickled red onion, both beautifully presented and delicious.
We each chose a different main course and could find no fault with any of them - I had the vegetarian Dolcelatte, Leek and Tomato Lasagne with a wholegrain mustard, honey, pear and rocket salad; my husband chose the Traditional Pork Chop with colcannon, apple slices, a leek sauce and a Guinness and stock reduction; and our friend had Beef Fillet with truffle salsa, celeriac puree, fennel seed cabbage and an almondine potato in a port sauce - the best beef fillet she's ever tasted.
I followed on with Lemon Tart with vanilla ice cream and basil syrup (a great combination), our friend opted for the Vanilla Panna Cotta with sable biscuit, pistachio ice cream and an apricot and brandy sauce, and my husband went for the Stilton with pear slice, toasted plum bread, walnuts and honey. As he loves Stilton it was no problem just having the one cheese and the accompaniments complemented the Stilton perfectly.
All in all it was a great experience and, although not one of the cheaper eating places in Lincoln, when you go home happy and satisfied, what more can you want? We shall certainly be returning!

• Visited March 2013
pompeo s, Owner at The Bronze Pig, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your detailed and precise comments. We are glad you went home 'happy and satisfied'.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent in all areas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I had a superb meal at this new Restaurant on the23rd of Feb 2013.Service was fantastic from both Pompeo and the waitress.I would reccomend the house wines and the price is no more then some of the cheap chain restaurants.The food is glorious we had three courses and and paid £93,I quite happily left a£10 tip.We both had the fillet beef and it was delicious,you didnt need a steak knife to eat it(you dont get one!).We have visited a recently opened steak house in Lincoln and the bronze pig is far superior.We will be treating ourselves again!!!!!!

pompeo s, Owner at The Bronze Pig, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for spending an evening in our restaurant and taking the time to write your constructive comments. We are delighted you found the food and the service to your liking and we look forward to seeing you again in our restaurant when the fancy takes you.
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“A Valentines day to remember.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I are big fans of 'A Taste Of Italy', the deli that occupies The Bronze Pig during the day, we often stop by for a few drinks and a chat with Pompeo who is always hospitable and welcoming. We love having somewhere to buy genuine Italian produce without huge price tags and Pompeo's always willing to help us find something new to indulge ourselves with, so it made sense to treat ourselves to what we were sure would be a lovely Valentines meal so I spoke with Pompeo and he kindly fit us in.

The restaurant was beautiful on the night, decorated with flowers and candles, it was a wonderful atmosphere and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Pompeo may deny it but I'm fairly certain he bought a red waistcoat just for Valentines, he showed us to our tables and gave us the wine list. There's a fabulous selection of wines but for students like us there was still a selection of good wines on a budget such as the house red which we decided on. Prior to our meal Pompeo e-mailed us the special Valentines menu and asked if we could let him know our choices so he could make sure the food was as fresh as possible due to it being a one off menu. For our starters we had a delicious lobster and bacon dish on a bed of Jerusalem artichokes which blew us both away, I'd only ever tried lobster once before and didn't enjoy it, but this was cooked to perfection and the bacon complimented it wonderfully.

For our main course we again both chose the same, a beef fillet steak with melted heart. The steak was the best I've ever had and was absolutely faultless, we both had our steaks cooked differently, mine medium and my girlfriends medium-rare and they were both perfect. The portion was again a nice size but we could have easily eaten a full herd of beef cooked like this. I'd never tried heart before so didn't know what to expect but I'd eat it again in a heartbeat; beautiful food. The desert was a delectable chocolate and almond caprese with ice cream and amaretto and it was a brilliant finish to the meal, not too heavy but packed full of flavour. If there's one thing that disappointed me about the night, it was that the food was so good that we find ourselves unable to eat anywhere else in Lincoln now for fear that we'll only be disappointed compared to our meal here.

Pompeo is a special kind of restaurateur and helped me out with a perfect end to the evening, I'd been in earlier in the day to organise a special surprise for my loved one on Valentines day, a large bouquet of flowers and a card to be brought out at the end of our meal. He was the busiest man in Lincoln on that day, but still took the time to help me out with a personal request. It was a perfect evening and I'd go back without hesitation.

While it may not have been a cheap meal, coming up to about £100 with the wine and beer we had, for that we enjoyed a beautiful atmosphere, wonderful service and the best food both of us have ever tried. If you're looking for a cheap meal and a cheap bottle of wine to waste an evening then this probably won't be what you're looking for. However, if like us you're looking for a delicious meal and a fabulous treat then The Bronze Pig is certainly the place to indulge and treat your taste buds. Thank you for a wonderful evening Pompeo and we'll certainly be back if Katrina can make a few cuts to her new shoes and coffee budget!

pompeo s, Owner at The Bronze Pig, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive feedback on both The Bronze Pig and the deli ...a taste of Italy by Pompeo. We are delighted that you had a 'Valentine's day to remember'.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place and astonishing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I must say that the meal I had at the Bronze Pig on Valentines Day was most certainly the best meal I ever had in my entire life. I am passionate about food and enjoy trying cuisines from all over the world as well as try and cooking it myself and the meal at the Bronze Pig left me absolutely speechless. I never ever tried anything so nice as I tried at the Bronze Pig, the food is definitely 10 out of 10. The service was absolutely nice and I felt very special even though the restaurant was fully booked. The owner emailed us a menu a week before so we could email him back our preferences and he made sure they had a fresh stock on the day of the meal. The food was very different and with a little twist which was absolutely amazing. It might be a little expensive for people who looking out for a cheap meal out, but for a special occasion it is worth to splash out.
I even got sad at the end of the meal because to be able to cook like that I have to have years and years of practice. Hopefully my boyfriend and I will be able to visit them again soon.

Fantastic place, superb service and amazing deli for getting a little treat afterwards.

Thank you very much Bronze Pig for the best Valentines Day ever.

pompeo s, Owner at The Bronze Pig, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. It is a real pleasure for us to read that the meal you had at The Bronze Pig "…was most certainly the best meal I ever had in my entire life" and that "The service was absolutely nice and I felt very special even though the restaurant was fully booked ". Thanks again.