“Good food, good wine and good company.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #146 of 350 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lincolnshire Red is a new steakhouse in Lincoln city centre. We only work with local produce and proud to support local farmers across Lincolnshire.
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, good wine and good company.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant as it has had a lot of good press and it didn't disappoint. The steaks were full of flavour and cooked to perfection. Great wine list and the service was excellent. It lived up to its hype. Will definitely go again. Mid week is definitely better, not so busy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited Lincolnshire Red on saturday night with friends. We had heard mixed reviews about the place so thought we,d try it out for ourselves. It seemed strange going in the place when I can remember going in my younger days when it was Marthas Vineyard. No expense has been spared on the revamp/decor and I was very impressed with the surroundings. The staff were spot on, very helpful, friendly and most of all efficient, from start to finish. Even though it was a busy saturday night we didnt have to waite long for our food, we all had different starters and we all agreed they were very nice. The two men had the Tbone, and the women, fillet and sirloin. All cooked to perfection, and once again all happy with our meals. we werent rushed through our meal even though they wanted our table for later diners, when some comfy chairs were vacant in the bar area the waitress informed us and we left our table and sat for an hour or so having a drink. All in all I would say this was a very pleasurable evening/eating experience and one that Im sure will be repeated soon. My only slight negative comment is that I did feel it was a little on the pricey side, maybe Im out of touch Im not sure, but then as the saying goes you get what you pay for! Well worth a visit if you,re a steak lover.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nottinghamshire
“Just no detail for the little things”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

OK, went here last night with my girlfriend and family. I had wanted to come for a while because I really do enjoy a good steak and love real ale.

When we got in, it was really empty for 8pm on a Friday night, with a lot of free tables. In my opinion there was only one ale worth drinking on tap, but there was 6 to choose from which is a good amount. We were sat at our table fairly quickly, and given the menus. The steak is priced by the ounce, and you can ask for any size cut between 8oz and 40oz. There are other options if steak isn't what you want, and the chicken and boston beans sounded good.

So the young waitress took our orders and showed very little interest in our choices. There was no recommendations of cuts, or how to have them cooked, where the meat has come from, wether or not it was aged. Seriously, for somwhere that wants to pride itself on its steak, there isn't much attention paid to it.

Before our food arrived I was told that there was no bernaise sauce for my steak. Now, for somwhere that charges extra for sauces you would expect them to keep all the sauces stocked in abundance.
Our food arrived, and it was actually really good. The steaks were nice and cooked how we wanted them. We did however, have to ask for steak knives as they weren't provided with the meal.
We ordered desert and two of us had the chocolate fudge brownie (which wasn't anything like one) and I asked for ice cream only to be told that there was no strawberry ice cream left! I didn't have a desert in the end.

We ended up paying around £45 per person and that is just way too overpriced for the service we were given. Sure the food and drink was nice, but not worth £45 a head. Also, we didn't even get a goodbye from the staff as we were leaving whilst they sat at the bar and chatted amongst themselves.

This restaurant needs to focus on the little things and getting them right before it tries to be the best at what it does, because it has a long way to go before its the best!
I will probably not go back to this place unless the service from the staff vastly improves. I would love to get my hands on this restaurant, train the staff up to know everything about the food they serve, the wine to match, and basically teach them some customer service.

Please get better, because you could be so good. Just don't forget the basics and the little things.

Visited May 2013
Lincoln, England
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We visited in March on a cold evening. Greeting was ok and we were shown to a table at the back where it was chilly but a heater had been provided. Our friends ordered bread and oil which they said was very nice. We all ordered steaks which were well cooked and enjoyable. Problems arose when the pudding our friend ordered had "run out" (as some of the first diners there I felt sorry for the later arrivals) and when we ordered coffee we were told the machine was broken so no coffee. It just didn't impress. I guess they were still having some teething problems as it is a relatively new restaurant. But lack of attention to detail is a worry and so not sure we would return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
liverpool
“Lovely food...fantastic service !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visited here as a group (four couples).

Couldn't fault the food or the service.
All starters... homemade mushroom soup, mussels, chorizo and duck egg were lovely.Steaks were cooked to perfection. My hubby ordered a 14oz steak and when it arrived he was told it was the end of the joint so they'd given him extra...it was huge and absolutely melted in the mouth. All five steaks ordered, were cooked exactly as they had been asked for. I had the lincolnshire sausage and mash...delicious !!!
Nobody could find room for a dessert but I'm sure they would have been delicious.
Would definitely recommend and would revisit if we were back in Lincoln (beautiful place so hopefully we will be back ) !!

• Visited April 2013