“Great Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Bakery

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
The Old Bakery
You added The Old Bakery to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   26 - 28 Burton Road, Lincoln LN1 3LB, England   |
Ranked #31 of 51 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I decided to have a two day break in Lincoln on the 7th and 8th of November 2013 and we are really glad we chose The Old Bakery Resturant. The room was very comfortable and the location of the Old Bakery is truly ideal for sightseeing the City but the real attraction of the of the place is Chef Ivano and his wife Tracey de Serio and their team. We had the 5 course Italian Taster Menu with matching wines (which acually came with a couple of suprise treats). The waitresses explained each course and the wines as they served them and this was the best quality meal we have experienced. We would recommend this menu to anyone wanting to try something special. The breakfast was a traditional Lincolnshire breakfast and prepared to the same high standards. We would definitely stay at The Old Bakery Resturant with Rooms again. Thanks again to Ivano and his wife Tracey de Serio and their team. PS. although they do not have their own car parking, at this time of year we had no trouble parking on the road outside the bakery. The parking restrictions are for two hours between 8am and 6pm so if you arrive after 4pm I take this as meaning that you can park overnight as long as you move your car by 10am the next morning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here one Saturday night but didn't eat. The room was very clean and had a lovely solid wood bed and furniture. The bed was very comfortable and we slept like logs.

The room comes complete with kettle, different teas and coffees, biscuits and bottled water. There was even a flat screen tv and hair dryer.

I could not fault the service or room or Ivano who was an excellent host.

The breakfast made by the before mentioned was excellent and one of the best breakfasts I have had in a hotel or B and B.

My only comment would be that you could hear other people walk and talking in the corridor but this is due to the buildings old design and wasn't a big thing.

Would definitely stay again if we returned to Lincoln as the B and B is in a great location near the castle and only 5 minute walk from the cathedral, steep hill and 10 minutes from they shops.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just returned from an excellent trip to Lincoln. We stayed at the old bakery and was not disappointed. Room was clean and had everything needed. We also dined here and was a fantastic experience. Food was delicious and the scrambled eggs for breakfast are not to be missed. What a great place to stay and dine. Highly recommended. Friendly staff and very attentive x excellent.

• Stayed October 2013
Blackpool Lancs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here for the last 2 nights, the room was very nice and the bed very comfortable. Tea and coffee was supplied in the room, as well as chocolates and some very nice biscuits. I had the top room and as I've said it was very nice, the only down side was my bathroom was down one level and had to be accessed down a very steep set of stairs. It was ok for me but anybody older who maybe unsteady on their feet could easily fall. The first morning I had to leave the hotel before breakfast, however I was supplied with a choice of cereal and in the mini fridge, orange juice, croissants and a lovely bowl of mix fruit with fresh figs. This morning I went to work early but was back for breakfast, I didn't have the cooked breakfast but it looked lovely with some very nice items. I had scramble eggs on toast which was beautifully presented and as light as a feather. I would stay here again, but a lower room please.

Room Tip: ask for a lower room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic restaurant. I have Coeliac disease which I often find restaurants unable to deal with and have often been made so unwell at a meal I have had to leave even before the main course has been served. However here the chefs were fantastic and I had such an amazing meal and even had 3 courses. The chef brought me out some warm homemade gluten free bread, the starter of ham hock was beautiful, the main of veil was so yummy and I had an assiette of deserts which was so unusual for me to be able to eat and it was out of this world. We have recommended it to so many people already. What a little gem. Thank you to the chefs for a wonderful meal and to the front of house staff who were really friendly and knowledgable.

• Stayed August 2013
Northallerton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Decor vey nice,food exquisite and such an extensive menu. Wine list superb and staff very helpful,accommodating and helpful. Owner very sociable. Visited here for evening dining and Sunday lunch.....never been disappointed. Not the cheap end of the market but one gets what one pays for and this is quality with fresh ingredients cooked to perfection.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have just returned from an over night stay at the old bakery! It's was a Christmas gift to my hubbie ( booked through activity superstore) . The bedroom is in need of some updating, tiny portable tv that you could not really watch layerd in bed! Bed was the comfiest I have spelt in, bedding and curtains lovely! Nice to have a full size kettle to make a brew, hubbie kept banging his head as low ceiling in parts and tiny door frame into the bathroom! We never ate in the restaurant but had breakfast now that was just gorgeous hubbie thinks best he has eaten at any hotel! Quite central too, decor of restaurant looked nice but do think some tlc elsewhere would not go a miss! We paid allot more going with the activity superstore than booking direct, also only certain nights you can stay! On the whole we had a love.y time and the chef was very friendy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Old Bakery? Share your experiences!