“2nd visit...and last” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“2nd visit...and last”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

ive been to this pub previously and enjoyed a good meal served quickly for a party of 7. So decided to call in for lunch today 26th Jan 2013. My wife and I asked for the regular rib and chips but were told that only the king size was available, wich we ordered at £7.99p We also ordered a drink (I had coffee) which was served immediately. This was long gone by the time the meal was served (about 20 mins) The chips were great ,hot and looked good. The ribs came on a sizzling platter with onions. The ribs were in 2 pieces about 4 inches long each and after separating the meat we were both left with about 2 fork portions each. About 3/4s of the way through the meal the "floor manager" asked how the meal was and I said Okay except for the ribs which were a disgrace for the size of the portion. She said she would have a word with the chef and went off. As we were about to leave I asked her why staff asked customers if the meal was okay. She replied it was company policy . I asked her what they did if the customer was unhappy and she replied that she had spoken to the chef and that the ribs came pre packed and that was the size ours came in. I said to her that what she was really saying was hard luck . and she just shrugged it off. We left and will not return. There are several local restaurants in the area that offer unconditional replacement meals or refunds if the customer is not happy with the meal. They do not just pay lip service to the annoying habit of asking customers if everything is ok then doing nothing about it when it is not.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Nosey Parker, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear JohnM2104,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise for the service you received at the Nosey Parker. I have passed on your comments to our management team and have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Flaming Grill

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Average pub with good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went for a light lunch, and I found the food to be very good.
The atmosphere wasn't amazing, it was a busy time of day and there were lots of children misbehaving around.
Just a note to any potential teens thinking of going alone, you're not allowed to order anything at the bar if you're under 18 (and that includes non-alcoholic drinks and food), and they are very strict on this policy, asking for my ID as soon as I entered the premesis.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Cheap Lunch Time Nosh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Can't say a lot as it was a quick lunch, However my Wife had the Chicken Skewers with chip's and peas, and I had Scampi with chip's and peas. The food was very good for the price "two meals for a tenner" but my wife left one skewer of Chicken, Not because there was anything wrong, It's just she had eaten enough and as I don't like chicken It was left on the plate, Sorry about that Nosey Parker not your fault at all, My plate went back empty and I had enjoyed my Scampi meal.
The staff really helpful and friendly and It seemed as though they took pleasure in serving us which is very good in this day and age.
Will visit again soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln England
“Standard pub grub.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

You know what to expect - chicken, burgers chips etc. Parking on site and the staff were friendly and efficient.

Visited October 2012
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Excellent value for money, good service, and always some offer on. Good location if you are shopping on Triton Road.

Visited August 2012