“Good Food ,Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
“Good Food ,Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

As visitors to the area we came across this pub and decided to give it a try , we were late to eat about 9:15 on a saturday the staff were very polite and the food we ordered arrived in no time at all and was much better than any other pub chain we have tried.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

UK
“Gone downhill like Jack and Jill !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Oh dear what has happened to this once great gastro pub.....scruffy staff who dont care whether they serve you or not-condiments in dirty pots which are open to the elements all day with crusty bits stuck to it .We ordered our meals at the bar and after 15 mins went to the ladies ,on arriving back my husband informed me the starter was not available ,something which actually didnt surprise me as the table next to us had already been told that 2 of their 3 dishes were not available either.The waiter eventually came back and asked if i had picked something else which i declined .After another 15 mins my husbands mixed bread starter came which to be fair was ok.Our meals came mushroom pancake stack and chicken and stuffing ciabbata ,they were edible but nothing to shout about.We have been going here for a few years and recommended to other people which i now feel embarrased about - but it will be along time before we waste our money here again !!!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Retford, United Kingdom
“Better than the standard chain pub!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've lived in Lincoln all my life and this is the first time I have visited The Swan Holme & to put this review simply I will be back.

I visited with my Mum on a Friday evening and the place was ticking over nicely. We found a table in an area which provided full table service - always nicer in my opinion! Heather & Ryan our servers were both brilliant - very welcoming, polite and efficient!

The food was up to a good standard also. The goats cheese starter, while very simple in nature was done perfectly, and the dish well thought out. I had the calamari which was cooked well - however I personally wasn't a fan of the presentation (in a large stemmed glass). Our mains were both good - but again simple enough. I should note at this point there are more adventurous items on the menu than burgers however.

All in all a a nice relaxing night out and a fair price in my opinion, as I said to start I will go back. More of a family pub than one for a romantic dinner IMO - but worth a try for a week night dinner!

Also - nice big car park to an easy meeting place for people coming from all parts of town.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I ordered the seasonal soup which happened to be Asparagus & Pea, not had that flavour before but it was surprisingly delicious and warming on a cold Winter's eve. Served with butter and fresh bread, add a drink and the whole lot came to less than a fiver! Have eaten here before at a Wedding Reception few years back and the food was as great then as it was today.

Visited February 2013
oldham
“food well below standard...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

we attended this pub and now wish we didnt....the food was well below par..we had pies ..mine was bland and fatty ..i would not eat here again or recommend to anyone...

• Visited February 2013