“What a fantastic experience!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

01522 524851
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jews House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 366 Restaurants in Lincoln
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Housed in one of the oldest buildings in the beautiful and historic city of Lincoln, with food from award winning Chef Gavin Aitkenhead and exceptional service from Samantha Tomkins and her team, The Jews House Restaurant offers the finest food served by the friendliest staff in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Here at the Jews’ House our aim is quite simple: To give you an experience you remember for its remarkable flavours and polished, attentive service. Gavin’s food, Samantha’s service – the Jews House
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“What a fantastic experience!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are two couples spending many weekends enjoying culinary pleasures.One of the most outstanding restaurants is' The Jews House 'in Lincoln.It is a a quaint old house and the restaurant rooms are on different levels.The restaurant is chic but at the same time cosy and relaxed.Service is discreet yet knowledgeable.We were informed about where all the ingredients come from and how carefully selected they are.The dishes were wonderful,the chef deserves the highest praise!We will certainly go back and that is only the second time we have decided that!

Lincoln
“Great location, unique Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great place for a date night. my husband and I went once and I think that was probably enough. A bit pricey and the food is good, but not as good as the price suggests. Great atmosphere, nice setting perfect for a special event that you want to splurge.

Visited July 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fine dining at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

After looking at the reviews on trip advisor whilst planning a night away in Lincoln i found this restaurant, and im very pleased i did.

The food and service was exceptional, being pregnant there was a few things on the menu that they were able to replace without fuss. The wine according to my partner was lovely, and so were the soft drinks :) Dessert here is a must even if you are full, the salted caramel brownie ice cream is to die for!!!!

A lovely cosy intimate restaurant which is good for dates and special occasions.

A nice find for people to go if in Lincoln and wanting a fine dining experience.

Diss, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Visited here on Friday night whilst staying in Lincoln. My BF booked this as a surprise for my birthday and from walking through the door to when we left the whole experience was brilliant. The food was amazing, in fact my BF stated it was the best meal he had ever eaten. The only disappointment was that I couldn't manage a dessert! The service was excellent and I especially enjoyed the background information the sommilier provided about our wine choice. The atmosphere was good and the tables well spaced. A brilliant romantic evening and I would definitely recommend.

Brighton
“Heaven is a place on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Belinda Carlisle was spot on, heaven is a place on Earth and it is the Jews House Restaurant in Lincoln. This ticked every box and more. After trawling Manhattan last weekend for the culinary A* and LA the weekend before, who would have thought a Saturday night out in Lincoln would have delivered just what I was searching for.

Staff were really friendly, efficient and knowledgable. The young lady recommending the wines had actually visited some of the vineyards !! I drink a lot of wine and know the ones I like but I am no wine buff so I like to rely upon the recommendations and these were spot on. Service really was like clockwork, faultless and always walking that difficult line between formal and informal.

We went for the tasting menu, every course without exception was stand out. The plates were beautifully presented, portion size was just right and taste was all over the place (in a good way).
Scallops with shredded duck confit, melon and cucumber was a major success. The lamb rump main was so tender and tasty I am unable to describe it in any words that could do it justice. Pullet eggs in crispy breadcrumbs, asparagus cooked to perfection, delightful sprigs of tasty earthy bits and pieces, everything was a delight. The desserts were equally mind blowing with the Billionaires desert a worthy finale. Overall I was gob smacked, culinary brain freeze.

It is amazing that when I first visited Lincoln 4 years ago people were even talking about The Old Bakery and The Jews House in the same breath. It would be like comparing McDonalds to La Gavroche, unbelievable. I was wrong back then when I said that if The Old Bakery was the best Lincoln could offer then it said a lot about local taste buds. The Jews House is up there with the Worlds best and as many have mentioned previously it certainly deserves Michelin recognition. I had lunch a few days ago at the local Sussex Michelin 1 star and it is nowhere near as good as this place, so come on Michelin get your act together.

I would say the only negative about this place is because I regularly can never plan in advance when I am in the UK or mores the point in Lincoln it has taken me years to find a Friday/Saturday when it wasn't fully booked. That says everything you need to know about this very special restaurant.