“Best fish and chips ever” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 383 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: WINNERS OF UK'S NO1 Fish and chip restaurant 2015,Holders of the National Federation of Fish Friers Quality Award with a food hygiene rating of 5. We serve only sustainably sourced fish and are MSC Certified for our haddock. Our potatoes are Lincolnshire grown and our chips are prepared fresh every day on the premises.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Best fish and chips ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had been told about this place by several people but had never tried it out myself. Wow! It puts most fish and chip shops to shame. I won't be going elsewhere in future. Go on give it a go. Five star fish and chips.

Visited May 2013

lincolnshire
“Fantastic Fisn n chips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Tried many different fish and chips in Lincoln and area over the years, but this "plaice" (sorry!) is the BEST by far! We went in the restaurant and had the "special" haddock, chips, peas, bread and butter and a drink at a very reasonable price. It was absolutely delicious!. ~Batter very light and crispy, chips are perfect (it has won an award!) and neither are greasy and soggy like some fish and chips. the restaurant is very smart and lovely comfy chairs. it looks very "upmarket" for a fish and chip restaurant and spotlessly clean. ~Service excellent. they even do a loyalty card. What I also liked was the fact that you don't get the pungent smell of fish and chips frying whilst you eat which can often put me off especially if the fat has been used a few times - that smell can be nausaeting but at this restaruant you don't get any of that at all. This restaurant is Soooo good it is well worth a drive! I gurantee you will not be disappointed!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
“Very good, but not the best I've tasted”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Having read about Burton Road Chippy a lot over the past few months, I was really keen to give it try. I love fish and chips, but only when they are done well.
The restaurant is lovely. Modern, well laid out, bright and very clean. The waitresses are excellent, friendly and helpful and the service was really quick.
We order two haddock specials. Haddock, chips, peas, bread/butter and a drink - £17 for 2 people. Considering the price of fresh fish, we thought this was very reasonable.
Our drinks arrived quickly and the food arrived soon after that.
The chips are great and deserve their award. Hand cut and well cooked. The peas were lovely, green and fresh and served in separate pot - I like that idea.
The fish was a little disappointing. The batter is thin and crispy, but the fish was not as firm or as white as I had expected, it tasted good, but not excellent. I was really disappointed to find bones in the fish, I really expected the fish to be filleted well.
One the whole though, this is a nice restaurant, with great staff and we would certainly visit again

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Doha, Qatar
“Deserve their best chips title”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Usually chip shop chips makes me quite unwell, but Burton Road's chips do not because they are so fresh, ungreasy, and most of all, tasty. When we have fish and chips, we always come here and it's always busy, but despite this, there's never a long wait. I've only had fish here, but that's because you can taste the freshness, and again, not greasy. The place is really clean and they clearly care a lot about the business, which is wonderful. The best chip shop I know hands down.

Visited February 2013
Thrapstinium
“Best Fish and Chips I've had in ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Delicious!
Haddock excellent
Absolutely remarkable
Recommended by my mother-in-law who they know personally (and is a very important person in Lincoln)

• Visited April 2013