“Lovely Food, Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food, Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

A group of six of us visited on a Sunday evening. I am not local to the area but this place was recommened by someone who is. We decided we would have a set menu type meal and having chosen one the waiter suggested we could do better with a different one. We explained we liked the starter on the one we had chosen and so he said if we chose the other one (which was only £1 more per had) he would do it with a the starter we wanted and also add in an extra dish on top of those shown on the menu.
The food was excellent! the service was polite and attentive. The restaurent was very clean and the decor tasteful. We all felt we had eaten well and had good value for money.
Just a couple of very small things that let it down for me. When eating at an oriental restaurant I like to use chop sticks. I am actually farely hopeless at using them but I like to try! There were no chopsticks on the table. I suspect if I had asked for them they would have brought some but when in a fairly large group of friends it is easier to just go with the flow. It was only after we finished eating one of the other ladies suggested she also likes to use chop sticks as she feels it makes her eat slower and so she enjoys it more.
It is also customary to get a finger bowl or the warm towels after a course that is designed to be eaten with fingers. We had crispy duck and spring rolls and yet no finger bowls were brought. We all used our napkins ok but sticky sauce is not easy to remove without lots of finger licking and a damp towel of finger bowl would have been useful.
Also I kind of expect mints to be brought with the bill. We never order coffee at the end of a meal as my husband does not drink it but I was actively looking for a dish of mints on the bar as we left as none had been offered. There were none.
I can't fault this place on the food. It is certainly a place to go for a good Cantonese meal but perhaps don't be as shy as I was about asking for a finger bowl or chopsticks if you want them.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Romantic and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Myself and my Partner often eat at this restaurant, and every time we have visited the food has been fantastic, the best Chinese food ever, The people who work there are so welcoming and always give great service, The restaurant may look small on the outside but when you step inside its like another world. A very romantic and comfortable place to eat and the price is very good as well.

• Visited June 2013
Lincoln
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Gorgeous food. Very attentive staff and didn't have to wait long for food at all. First time at this restaurant...won't be the last. Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2013
UK
“Always great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The service is warm, friendly and well timed. The food is great - always delicious and piping hot. Good range of dishes. A table next to ours had the sea bass which looked and smelled divine. Have eaten there many times over the last 25 years and every time has been a good experience.

• Visited June 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My favourite chinese restaurant in Lincoln. Not the most pleasing on the eye though. The decor hasnt changed for many many years but dont let that put you off. The food is always top notch. Tried many many different dishes over the years and never been disappointed with any of them. The staff have generally been the same for years apart from the odd one or two and the service is always good. Its by no means the cheapest but in this instance you get what you pay for. Would recommend this place for the quality of the food alone. Shame its not had abit of a makeover really as it would be perfect then.

• Visited April 2013