“Very nice food but so so service” 4 of 5 stars

38 Westgate, Lincoln, England
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 366 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Here at the Tower Restaurant our menus are written according to the season. We feel this captures the very best produce available at the time and ensure quality and freshness of the dishes we can offer to you.Head chef Darren Rogan and his team are constantly striving to achieve perfection in his eclectic menu. He relishes being creative and pushing the boundaries of gastronomy with different flavour combinations and ever evolving cooking techniques. We believe that dining out should be a hassle-free experience for all, and therefore we have Vegan, Coeliac and lactose intolerant menus at the ready. Should you have any other dietary requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.Booking is strongly advised to avoid disappointment.
“Very nice food but so so service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Well we thought we would try as had a friend down for the weekend, we have tried most good restaurants in Lincoln and this one passed us. It is a very nice dining room but there was absolutely no one there when we arrived at 7pm. The menu is very interesting, if not quirky but offers good choice. The service really let it down as the staff didn't seem to know basic information about the food, cuts of meat etc. when you pay a little extra for a good meal you expect the staff to know who ordered what and not to have to tell them. Don't get me wrong the staff were polite and friendly but it just took the edge if the evening. Would like to try again but I can't help referring back to the Jews house who has the edge over such restaurants.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Menu in the main restaurant hanges daily but is always fresh produce from the local area, The shin of Beef was fantastic - just fell apart . The whole meal was a lovely dining experience overall.Well recommended.

Visited July 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for afternoon tea..tasty, great value and caters for gluten free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Took my parents and sister for afternoon tea on a Friday! Service was excellent, food was delicious (and abundant), scones were still warm, could add on prosecco for a small supplement but best of all they catered for my sister who is on a gluten free diet! She was ecstatic when she saw the three tiered cake stand full of gluten free joy!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Best Bar meal we have ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked a meal in the Tower bar (we were eating at Jew's House the following night and wanted something simple). We were not disappointed, my wife had a Rib-eye and I went for the Fish and chips. They were both very nicely presented, beautifully cooked and delicious. The steak did not even need a sharp knife ! Staff were efficient despite being very busy with a large party in the conservatory. We used our Hi-Life card which meant we only paid for the steak.

sussex
“The power of trip advisor......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

What a fantastic meal my wife and I had during a stayover in Lincoln, with the choice of restauratnt being provided solely on what I read on Trip Advisor.
The menu wassimply delicious - innovative and yet really tasty, well presented and with good attentive staff. Fine its not cheap, but in my view wort paying for excellent rather than mediocre food.
My only criticism is that with the bill came a request to add a review to trip advisor. I know its really important to be up in the ratings but guys you should'ent need to ask -I would have added this without being asked.....
Hope to go back again