Sadly this used to be a fantastic pub, that served great quality food at afforable prices with a lovely atmosphere. I visited a few days ago to find a dark, dreary and depressing atmosphere, a shadow of what it once was. The waitress/owner/bar tender? was O.K! When we got our food I was gobsmacked to find what seemed to be a maggot on my salad!! Eeeeek! When we told the member of staff, she also thought it was a maggot and whisked it off to the kitchen, when she came out she told us it was rice!!(quick thinking ey!!) I took a picture before she whisked it away and as she made me feel rather silly for even thinking it was a maggot and didn't apologise I decided I wanted confirmation of what it was so I took my picture to environmental health where they confirmed my worse fears!Yuk yuk yuk! Needless to say I will never return nor shall I recommend. Even if that was a grain of rice, which it certainly wasn't, an apology for cross contamination or the scare would have gone a long way!
If you own or manage Pyewipe Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.