“Poor Service but Nice Location” 3 of 5 stars

Quality City Westbridge Wharf
6 Bath Lane, Leicester LE3 5BD, England   |
Ranked #39 of 42 Hotels in Leicester
Pune
“Poor Service but Nice Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed in this apartment for 15 days in 1 BHK standard flat & would like to bring the merits & demerits of this Apartment.

Demerits-:
1) I stayed 15 days in this apartment but nobody came to clean the apartment, change bedsheets, towels for 15 days!!! Not sure how can they call this place as service apartment.
2) Kitchen Utensils & Crockery- They provided 2 plates,2 bowls,2 glass & fairly less no of cooking utensils. We had some guest at home but think how we managed with 2 plates,2 bowls ? Funny
3) Television they have very limited no of channels & don't provide sky set top box so you can't get variety of channels.
4) Furniture is very basic & wardrobe was small.

Merits-:
1) Location of the apartment is very good & close to the town centre.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Party of five - brought our elderly mother for a week to see old friends and relatives in Leicester. The unit was modern, large, had a great layout and was very comfortable. Able to check in very early was a big plus as our plane arrived early in the morning in Birmingham from Canada. Location was great - very close to the center of town and to a superb Tesco just 5 min walk away. A few little glitches but they were seen to very quickly by the very helpful reception people. Found we had forgotten to pack a converter for our cells and laptops, asked them where we might be able to buy one, and they gave us one they had on hand! When we needed a little extra sleep space they loaned us mattresses at no extra charge! As the week rolled by we were so glad every day not to be crammed into one or two hotel rooms and to have kitchen facilities for snacks and breakfasts - just so much more comfortable, and all for less than two hotel rooms (and in some cases even one room) would cost. Would definitely use them again.

Room Tip: Variety of room types available - ours was a 'large two bedroom' - would work very well for...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you are here to spend a night or are not planning to use any of the facilities, then fine be their guest. but if you are having an extended stay, and plan on using their facilties, then forget about it; ie shower + toiletries , internet, parking etc you will be disappointed. I stayed for a weak and did not get the category I paid for. Internet does not work. Furniture is DIRTY! The flat has not been cleaned once since I got here and tomorrow is my last day, nor any instructions were left on how to dispose of waste. I got burnt leaving the shower as the heating rail is awkwardly placed when opening the door of the shower and I was left with a miniture shampo and shower gel for a week. Prking exit is also awkward as I scratched my car leaving the car park, make sure u ask for ground level parking not basement especially if you have a big car, should not be a problem if the car is small. The flat itself was decent but 700 pounds a week + the deposit is my worst mistake in a long time. Many alternatives, try the Belmont or Miyango.

Never again.

Room Tip: Do not bother. I had room prefence and paid extra but was totally ignored.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed here for 6 weeks as part of our company business trip, and I have to say that the service is lousy.

We arrived early, and the first thing was there's no one in the reception room! We had to ask a colleague to call for help before someone came.

The unit was cleaned at least once a week but the day when the cleaning happens is not 100% consistent. And even though it says that toiletries will be replenished every week, they don't do that by default after the first week; you'll need to get them on your own.

And don't get me started on the internet. They only have WiFi (no wired connection), and it was available 70-80% of the time. It disconnects ones in a while when a lot of people are using it, so looks like they're not really adequate to support a lot of tenants? There's no phone in the apartment units so you can't even call the receptionist if you need help.

The walls of the units aren't sound proof as well, so if one of your "neighbors" are playing loud music, you'll hear it.

The way the receptionists behave is like they're not part of the company that owns Quality City. You'll hear remarks like "oh yeah, 'they' don't replenish the toiletries when doing housekeeping" instead of "I'm really sorry, we will correct this blah blah blah."

The location is good given it's near the city centre, but other than that, I wouldn't go back if I have a choice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Lisburn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were staying one night for a rugby game, and arrived around 11, we were able to park our car and leave our luggage as the room was being cleaned, and given the keys and told we would have access to the room once it was ready, so we made the short walk to the city centre - we were phoned not too long later to be told that the room was ready. Although we did not need access to the room till much later in the evening to be allowed to leave our bags and car early was very helpful to us. The apartment was a very good size, more than enough for a two person stay and not a problem with the cleaniness. Was good value for money and would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed in 406, had no issues whatsoever
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have stayed here three times now and find it convenient clean and well located - 5 minutes from town, everything is in walking distance. Good parking in the area and a secure car park if you wish. Good kitchen facilities (all cutlery albeit for two, but what do you expect in a two bed!?) including all utensils, linens included also.

My only complaint is that the hot water was temperemental on the second day in that after washing my hair my boyfriend had a cold shower - which I didnt mind, because he needed it.

But not so sure if I would have been okay if it was the other way round! Stay in 206 - it is a great, large apartment, but all are clean and tidy. They all have sky TV and are a great get away point at the price they come at!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I almost didn't stay here after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, but I'd already received positive feedback from my family (who stay here regularly) and essentially, it is the ideal location for everything that I needed to be close to in Leicester (on the edge of the city centre and close to family and friends).
Not quite sure what some of the previous reviewers were comparing this accommodation to but we checked in after 3 nights in a 5 star hotel in London and had no complaints at all.
The apartments are well laid out and have everything you need for a comfortable stay. We booked a 1 bedroom apartment and a studio apartment and were very happy with them both. If there was one complaint, it would be that the 1 bed apartment only has 2 cups, glasses, plates, items of cutlery etc. This is a real pain in terms of having to keep washing everything after use. But that was a minor inconvenience.
These apartments are brilliant value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality City Westbridge Wharf? Share your experiences!