“Booking VIP area with food buffet, you got get much food. Bit of a con” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fat Cat Cafe Bar

Fat Cat Cafe Bar
41 Belvoir Street, Leicester LE1 6SL, England
+44 116 255 3610
Improve this listing
Ranked #432 of 841 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fat Cat Leicester sets the standard for ambience, quality service and excellent food and drink in Leicester. Comfortable seating, plush velvet curtains and tactile flower wallpaper create a vibrant atmosphere. The bar offers a wide range of cocktails, beers, cider and spirits to choose from and your dining requirements can be catered for with excellent table service and helpful staff. The courtyard is ideal for alfresco dining during the summer months or to just kick back and relax
“Booking VIP area with food buffet, you got get much food. Bit of a con”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Booked VIP Area for a family get together.

We ordered buffet warm snacks for 16 people for £7.50 per head. I made sure while booking that there would be enough food for everyone? I was more then happy to pay more.

I was told plenty of food and usually there is loads left over.

The reality was the opposite. 2 bowls of nachos, 3 x 7" pizza, 2 x plates of burnt wedges, one plate of warm bread and one plate of mini chicken wraps.

I would enough for 7 people to light snack on.

We had to complain a few times. All we got was let me speak to manager. No one came back to us after 30mins to say what was going on. In the end we had to raise over voice to get an answer and some more food, which was not every nice.

Spoilt out night.

Won't be going there again.

And service was below par.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great value lunch. Especially with the Monday lunchtime offers. Friendly service and great quality food. Ive only ever eaten there at lunchtime but its always been good

Visited November 2012
Lincolnshire
“Very Satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Came here for a quick bite and only had a burger, But what a nice change to have a proper burger with plenty of chips, a tasty roll and coleslaw on the side. For a decent price and a nice atmosphere what more could you ask for :-)

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Unprofessional bouncers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have been a couple of times in this place, and neither of my nights were smooth. The kind of people who goes there just has no manners and are completely incapable of having a good time without causing trouble. The last time I was in there (last night), a guy thought he would be clever if he grabbed my bum while I was walking past them. Obviously my partner and I tried to find out who it was and before we could even say anything an other guy grabbed us, and pushed us away. And this is when the "professional" bouncer jumped in and dragged my boyfriend outside by his neck, not even making an effort to look and see the other 5 guys that were causing trouble and pushing everyone away to get him. After this I walked outside and tried to get out the door when the same bouncer just grabbed me and the other lady, and pushed us into the door then outside. So I am asking: Is that OK to grab someone's bum in a place and get away with it. The matter of fact is that we couldn't even deal with it in any way because someone was already there ready for a fight. I have asked for the bouncers name afterwards who (then) nicely told me he cannot give it to me. So I am describing him: he was (of course) a tall, and big guy with gingery hair and had a beard. The management will definitely get a phone call from me and they will hear from me.

Visited October 2012
Leicester
“Monday night, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Turned up with my wife on a Monday night. Went for the 2 course offer at £11.95. Good value we thought from a wide choice menu. Food was good and with drinks I expected a bill on the north side of £30. The bill? £17 what a bargain! Apparently Monday night is half price food and drink all night! Result we will be back