“Most helpful and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Leicester - Forest East

You added Premier Inn Leicester - Forest East to your Saves list
Premier Inn Leicester - Forest East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hinckley Road | Leicester Forest East, Leicester LE3 3GD, England   |
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Leicester
London, United Kingdom
“Most helpful and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

After arriving at the Premier Inn Forest Park,Leicester Forest East after a three and a quarter hour journey from London I was greeted by the receptionist Tom who welcomed me. On coming down from my room I went into the restaurant and joined a female colleague who had arrived earlier. She told me the staff were most attentive and kept an eye on her as a lone female to see she was not bothered by anyone.
The next day we were to go to a nearby hall for a meeting but when we got there we found that the electronic gates would not open. I returned to the hotel and asked if by chance they had a free meeting room. Tom asked his manager I presume and came back to say yes we could have a room. Jenna was in charge of the area and arranged for coffees etc to be available to us all at very short notice. I can't praise all the staff for the way they helped us all and would certainly recommend the hotel for the staff alone. Incidentally I the room was comfortable and i had a good night's sleep, If I return to the area I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Devon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was a convenient stopover on the way to Lougborough with adequate facilities. The room was clean but slightly small than some Premier Inns and also too warm. On site parking was easy and there was a park nearby for a morning run.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Now I'm a big fan of Premier Inns so it is with a heavy heart that I have to write a review that is not entirely glowing. We always chose premier inns to stay in when we need a hotel and have previously always relied on the rooms being of the same high quality. I stayed at the Forest East hotel for one night arriving late on friday staying in a family room. Staff were curteous and friendly as always - both in the hotel and the pub/restaurant next door. Despite being on the doorstep of the M1 we could hear no road noise from our room at all. We were given room 7 which was handy for unloading the kids and car being so close to reception. Unfortunately, when we opened the door to the room we were met with an unpleasant musty smell. Not damp I dont think, just old and unaired and dissapointing. The room decor was a little tired and unloved as was the small out dated bathroom. We only paid £48 for 4 of us including breakfast so it seems a tad churlish to moan but I was a little sad to think I could no longer rely on the high standards of room I have become accustomed to at Premier Inns. I notice a previous reviewer had a wonderful family room at this hotel this year so it may be worth booking by phone and asking for a recently renovated room, alternatively there is another premier inn no more than 10 minutes away which might be better looked after.

Room Tip: Avoid room 7
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
East Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

There is not a lot you can say about this type of hotel, clean, basic, nice bed etc.
Very convenient for the motorway, there is some road noise in the distant but not enough to keep you awake.
Shower was a bit weedy, we opted for a cooked breakfast, I thought it sounded a little expensive at £8.50, but you get cereals, pastries, juice, tea, coffee & a full English. So in reality it was good value and set me up for the day.
I have to be honest, if I stay at a budget type of hotel, I prefer Premier Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Although it is suffice to say that in decor and standards of cleanliness, each premier inn is much like any other. In respect to this hotel, the staff in both the premier inn and the table table restaurant are superb.
I have stayed regularly in this hotel and the staff have made an effort to remember my name, my likes and dislikes and small details to make my stay more pleasant, with the girls on reception even providing me with their own magazines to read whilst eating on my own in the restaurant.
This hotel is not actually the closest one to my workplace but I would rather drive the extra few miles and stay here than any other on this side of Leicester.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We had taken part in a charity golf event nearby, when we had taken part in the same event last year, my colleagues who had stayed over previously used the travelodge nearby. It was agreed we stay here.

We arrived around 7pm, check-in was speedy, the room was standard premier inn, reasonable bed, clean bathroom so far so good. we have not had much of a summer, the days leading to our visit had been muggy. The window was closed, when I opened it, it only opened about an inch. as we were heading into town, I left it open, hoping to cool the room down. There was a fan,chocolate fire guard springs to mind!! I returned some time later, the room was even warmer !!! There is a heater for winter but nothing for summer, I know you get what pay for but they do guarantee a good night sleep. On the plus side they are better than travelodge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Before I say anything about the hotel it may be worth mentioning that the Premier Inn sign as you come along the Hinckley Road from the centre is completely obscured by trees so remember to turn in after Baines Lane. Back to the premises. This is a typical low level Premier Inn and we were on the first floor at the rear. The room was a decent size as usual with this chain and it was bright and clean and the bed large and comfortable. It was a warm day and a fan had already been installed in the room before we arrived. The fixed head shower, common with motels, was not particularly good but not awful either. No problems with booking in at reception the room having been paid in advance. We only needed a snack that evening before continuing our journey home the next morning. The Table Table next door was up to the job and we noted that, unlike many pub restaurants attached to motels, this one seemed very popular as a meeting place for the locals. No disturbances however, the only road noise we heard came from the side road, not the M1 which is in a cutting right next to the car park. Nothing to cause us any problems so we had a decent night's sleep before getting away promptly the following day. For us it was in quite a good location to break up a long journey to the North.

Room Tip: This hotel has quite a few fire doors so bear this in mind when bringing your luggage in. Assistanc...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Premier Inn Leicester - Forest East? Share your experiences!