“Great place and so reasonable” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Great place and so reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Went here a couple of weeks ago and was extremely impressed with the food and service. Authentic Italian cuisine, great service and was blown away at how reasonable it was. Would recommend to anyone!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

east midlands
“karaoke”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

friendly service, brilliant food, can recommend carbonara and bruschetta. There was a festive theme with crackers ( inc jokes, hats and toys). There was also a live singer with additional karaoke later on, all in all a lively and enjoyable night out :)

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Really good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We came back again for a meal on Thursday evening last week and I must say it was nice to come and enjoy a nice relaxing meal.

The food was good as always, we tried the prawns as starters and wow, they were amazing! We had Pizza, Pasta and Stake at the table as we were 3 and trying a little from each other, everything tasted really nice.

Carlos and Massimo were great as always and looked after us well and everyone else too, as other dinners seemed to also be enjoying their meals.

Having had another great meal, we have booked to have our staff Christmas party there are looking forward to it!

We will be coming back again soon, keep up the good work guys!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oakham, United Kingdom
“The real deal, a true Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Altro Mondo deserves it's reputation, great tasting Italian food, combined with a friendly warm atmosphere on a cold Tuesday evening in Leicester. The staff were genuine and helpful but not pushy. The food was great value and the wine a fair price. I think we have finally found our "Italian Restaurant" that Billy Joel wrote a song about!

Visited November 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Bellissimo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I chose to go to Altro Mondo for my birthday at the weekend based on it's tripadvisor rating, and I wasn't disappointed. The restaurant is a little bit out of the town centre and when we got there it was quite empty, with only two other tables of people. However, I don't know why as the food was magnificent. We were given a very large bowl of olives and bread to begin. I had the linguine bolognese to start which was hands down one of the best bologneses I have ever had. My dad and my boyfriend each had calamari which they said was delicious. For a main I had a chicken in mushroom sauce, which was so creamy and so delicious. We were given a mix of chips, potatoes, salad and veg between us which was great for dipping into.

The service was excellent and our waiter was so friendly and helpful. I'm so glad we came here and I will definitely be returning. The bill was very reasonable and we were also given complimentary limoncello at the end of our meals. The only downside was the karaoke which went ahead despite there being only 8 or so people in the restaurant and was very very loud! However I'm willing to overlook this as everything else was excellent.

If you want some proper homemade Italian food, come here rather than the usual Prezzo or Zizzi. You won't regret it.

• Visited November 2013