“Best Turkish Restaurant in the Midlands” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 811 restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Best Turkish Restaurant in the Midlands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Food is great atmosphere is great and the place is always looked after. The chefs accommodating so you can have things custom made that aren't on the menus.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

96% Recommend
Leicester, United Kingdom
“A True Turkish Delight on the bustling Narborough Road”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I visited this place on the off chance having spotted it once whilst walking by and thinking what a quaint place it looked.
We went on a Friday night and were lucky enough to get a table without booking as the place was very busy .
I ordered a starter of spiced sausage and we both ordered mains and a couple of soft drinks as the place does not sell alcohol . Within a couple of minutes the very pleasant waitress bought us a large basket of hot bread ( mixed types ) with bowls of natural yoghurt , chilli sauce and olives - this was complimentary and a really nice touch - it was delicious and we filled ourselves up too much really !!
The spicy sausage starter was beautiful and was followed by a chicken iskenda and a lamb iskenda . After which we were both far too full - a testament to the great food !!
My wife finished with a cup of Turkish tea which she declared to be one of the best ever .

To sum up I think this restaurant is a proper little gem and the food is so reasonably priced you almost feel guilty and feel you should pay more !! Top quality . I loved this place and can't wait to revisit !! Excellent !!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic fresh food at a great price - a real favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've eaten here many times, it is one of my favourite low key budget eateries. Always really happy with the quality of the food here for the price. Not for a special occasion as it's nice and informal but I actually really like that personally!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fresh Food and Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I dined here with my family, made a reservation ahead and was glad I did as the restaurant was quite busy on a Saturday night.

The starters we ordered were Calamari and whitebait, all very generous portions and tasty.

The mains were chicken and lamb kebab, very generous portions and nice and fresh with a good authentic taste.

The service was good and the staff very pleasant.

I felt quite happy with the meal as the meal was not costly and I definitely felt the restaurant was excellent value for money.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
U.K.
“Great food if you on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Istanbul with family and was pleasantly surprised at the value for money of the food I received. The majority of the group ordered kebabs and the portion size was generous to say the least! The food arrived very shortly after we ordered and tasted lovely. The only downside I would say Is thy I did feel rushed as the restaurant was full and I imagine that other tables were booked in after us! Apart from that I would eat here again, but not for a celebration, or special occasion more of a "cheap and cheerful" place, that said the food is of high quality!

• Visited February 2013