“We will revisit this restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Indian
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fratelli is a family run Italian Restaurant & Bar situated in Leicester's West End, on the corner of Braunstone Gate and Narborough road. We offer a mix of hearty Italian cuisine such as Pastas, Risottos and Steaks, as well as seafood specials such as mussels and scallops. Our price range caters for all, from those looking for an inexpensive and relaxed weekday dinner to those looking to celebrate a special occasion in style. We hope to welcome you to our restaurant soon!
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“We will revisit this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A table of 13 of us had a great meal here on Saturday night. The atmosphere was great, the food was tasty and the staff were attentive. We had three courses and good wine, and the chef was chatty and generous with us too. We will be back in September.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I went for a quick meal and it was such a nice experience. We got there around 6pm and hadn't booked a table so thought we'd give it a go and ask - they let us in with no fuss as they had more bookings for later. A friendly and approachable service in a well built and designed décor - delicious food! All well presented and full of flavour - the courgettes and sun dried tomato with pesto pasta was incredible... Decent prices for all of this too in my opinion.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
leicester
“Very very tasty food. Fantastic first experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went here for the first time last night and the experience was very enjoyable. Nice atmosphere and great food.

The restaurant: Nice location on Braunstone Gate. Simple but nice decor. Nice tables and seating.

Food.
Starters: We ordered Calamari and Goats Cheese with red onion marmalade (Formaggio di Capra).

The Calamari was cooked just right, not too chewy. Nice big calamari rings with a lovely light batter. One of the best Tartare sauces I've had tasted, it was nice and tangy with a good consistency to dip in. The salad served with the Calamari was also very nice.

The surprise for me (as a pure carnivore) was the Goats Cheese starter. The flavour combination was fantastic. Lovely warm goat's cheese and a truly delicious red onion marmalade served on toasted bread. Beautiful.

Main: Ordered a Pollo Piccante and Pollo Fresco.

The Pollo Piccante was amazing. Nice big chicken breast cooked to perfection served in a flavourful chorizo sauce. Asked for it a little spicier and it was brilliant. Had a lovely kick without being overbearing. Served with crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside roasties (just how I like them) this dish was magnificent. One of the best Italian dishes I've ever had.

The Pollo Fresco was a very nice warm evening salad. The combination of the flavours worked very well with the avocado, lime, chilli and mango working well with the big pieces of chicken breast (again cooked to perfection). Served with the lovely roasties, this was a very satisfying evening main meal. As someone who is not a big fan of salad in general, I really liked this dish.

Dessert: Lemon cheesecake. OMG. This was one of the best cheesecakes I've ever tasted. Excellently presented, the cheesecake was smooth and creamy but not too heavy. The lemon taste came through fantastically and was a perfect end to a great meal and evening.

The food overall was some of the best I've ever tasted in an Italian restaurant. Lots of flavour and amazingly presented.

Service: I felt the service was very good. From when we entered to our waitress. Our waitress agreed with our choices and provided good recommendations. A nice touch was the chef coming round and asking if our food was ok (I think they may have been quiet on the night so it gave him an opportunity to venture out).

I would definitely go back here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Leicester
“Good value Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

It's nice to visit an Italian which has character and has items on the menu which you wouldn't find in a chain Italian restaurant. Friendly staff and a busy restaurant. The food was very reasonably priced and there's a good choice. For me, it was a bit strange not having salt and pepper on the table however we enjoyed our meal and will be back in the near future.

Visited June 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Myself and a big group of friends went to visit fratelli for my 21st birthday, we all had a wonderful time, the food was great, as was the service and atmosphere of the restaurant. I had never eaten at fratelli before but after this experience I will be making it my 'go to' restaurant. So much better quality of food and value than chain restaurants. Would definitely reccommend to anyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Food