“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Campanile Leicester

You added Campanile Leicester to your Saves list
Campanile Leicester
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   St Matthews Way | Bedford Street North, Leicester LE1 3JE, England   |
Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in Leicester
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel last night. Receptionist Chantelle went above and beyond to help me. Very friendly staff. Stayed at other hotels in Leicester and this beats them easily!! Thank you x
Update.. We're staying again in December, will keep you all updated. Have asked for a room overlooking the car park, as this is the quieter side.

• Stayed August 2013
Steve P, Manager at Campanile Leicester, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us enough to award a fantastic 5 stars!

Deputy Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Good value for a city centre stopover. Rooms small but adequate for our needs. Better than expected for price as chosen primarily for location. Excellent breakfast and helpful staff. Even though kitchen had closed when we arrived, fresh sandwiches and chips were provided.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back overlooking carpark
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to offer an alternative due to the kitchen being closed.

Carlisle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

last minute plan to stay here on business. Located on the edge of a busy road and lots of traffic but was greeted by very helpful staff.

Got a room away from the traffic but the visitors next door weren't overly loud but could hear everything in detail !! Plus, the two rooms were adjoining ones, the doors were left unlocked! That was sorted once mentioned to reception.

The bed was very soft and springy, needs new mattresses. The room itself was clean and well maintained,. It's just a shame the walls weren't thicker. Was woken up by the sound of my neighbours vomiting at 6am. Didn't stay for breakfast, don't think I would return, although I suppose you get what you pay for !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review.
I was disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.
At the Campanile Leicester we take customer satisfaction seriously so you can be assured that where possible we will be taking preventative action as to avoid a reoccurrence.

Ilkley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here with several friends a couple of weeks ago. The location is good and the staff very friendly and efficient. Unfortunately the car park was completely full when we returned at around 11pm, so I was obliged to park overnight on the dimly lit street.

The quality of the continental breakfast was excellent, but this was all overshadowed by quite the most uncomfortable bed I can remember sleeping in. Not only was it a narrow double (maybe 4'6") but the mattress had virtually collapsed resulting in both occupants being propelled into the middle of the mattress. It was so bad it was actually quite funny but, should I go there again, I shall insist on checking out the bed first!

Room Tip: See above - check the bed before accepting the room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was delighted to read that you found the team to be friendly and the breakfast of good quality.

With regards to your comments on you mattress I have passed these to our bed supplier whom will be investigating shortly.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

For the price, cant really go wrong. Book in advance and you can get a good price. Local to the town center and also car parking is free, but some nights does get full so you will to park outside on the street. Been a few times, staff are nice and friendly, would go again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The entrance to the hotel car park is on Bedford Street North, not St Matthews Way. If you're using SatNav, I'd advise you to use Bedford Street North crossing Grosvenor Street as your destination - otherwise you'll probably waste time going over the flyover like I did.

My room was hot and airless even though it was cold outside. The radiator was OFF and there was no thermostat. I opened the window but soon closed it because of the noise from the main road (which is only slightly less with the window shut). The room was small - I'd say this is one step up from a Travelodge. The bathroom had a large shelf for toiletries, but a very narrow desk in front of the mirror in the main part of the room (probably more annoying for female guests!). There was no hand towel in the bathroom, and only a small bath towel. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable.

Parking was free but the car park is not that large, and it became very full as the evening wore on. I was warned that the gates would be closed at 11pm and that I'd need to use a bell or intercom on a smaller gate (on foot) in order to get back in, but in the end the gates were still open when I got back around midnight.

Apparently the hotel has free WiFi but I didn't bother trying it; the 3G signal was dire.

Continental breakfast was £6 - the food was fresh but there wasn't a great deal of choice.

When you check in, the hotel pre-authorises your credit card for an amount considerably more than the room rate - in my case, they swiped my card for £60 although my room only cost £33.

I would certainly look for something better next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review.
I was disappointed to read that you experienced some issues when staying with us.
At the Campanile Leicester we take customer satisfaction seriously so you can be assured that we will be taking preventative action as to avoid a reoccurrence.

If you would like to discuss the points of your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me at manager.leicester@campanile.com

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here last minute on my own after a heavy night out. The room rate of £65 seemed reasonable for city centre and I pleased they had plenty of rooms available late on a Saturday night but maybe I can now see why!
The hotels is surrounded by horrible and dirty streets but the hotel looks of a modern design with car park and secured gate and fencing.
The staff were very friendly and helpful when I asked about getting a taxi for my friend and toiletries for my room, which unfortunately they had ran out of supplies! Although they directed me to a nearby shop.
The room was in a bad state considering how modern it did appear. The carpet certainly needed replacing and there were quite a few cobwebs lingering. It was a stuffy in the room and with no air con, I was forced to have the window open, to be greeted by ring-road traffic through the night and the day until I checked out. Breakfast is optional for an extra £8 if you want the full works, £6 if you like French a la continental.
The bath was obviously made for all the small French people that visit Leicester. I am a tall guy yes, but I could even lay my legs flat in it! There was also a long, unsightly crack and scar in the material of the sink. This place should only be worth a max of £50 a night. I would not stay here again if I could afford not to.

Room Tip: Away from the main road if there are any.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Deputy Manager

Been to Campanile Leicester? Share your experiences!