“Great value and good food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Campanile Leicester

You added Campanile Leicester to your Saves list
Campanile Leicester
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   St Matthews Way | Bedford Street North, Leicester LE1 3JE, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
ADDITIONAL £7 DISCOUNT
Ranked #28 of 42 Hotels in Leicester
Lincolnshire
“Great value and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just stayed a night at the Campanile in Leicester. Ha da little trouble finding it as the google link isnt quite adccurate and the sat nav didn't take us to it. Didn't see it from our direction of travel so went rond the ring road a couple of times.
Paid just £34 for the room and it was great, Good bed, amazing shower - everything you wanted. The reception staff were friendly and professional. Free private parking too.
Ate at the restaurant late in the evening and had breakfast again this morning. Both were great, Leire, who served us, was so professional, aiming to please and she and the food did.
Breakfast was more than you expect nowadays with two eggs, sausages and bacon as well as the hash browns, beans etc. The fruit was fresh and everything was replenished regularly.
My only complaint is that the restaurant was a little too warm.
Planning on another visit next time we go to see Leicester Tigers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Leicester, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time in submitting your recent review.
I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay.

In particular I was pleased to read that you found the team to be friendly but proffesional and that all the facilities were to a high standard.

I have passed your thanks on to the team and in particular Leire who was thrilled with your comments.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Steve Powell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights, eating out at the Everest Nepalese restaurant twice and eating on the hotel restaurant once. The food was excellent with a much greater choice and quality than I normally get at a hotel of this price. The rooms are cosy but well appointed with a good powerful shower. Definitely worth a few extra quid over a travelodge and its cheaper and better than Lenny's choice!

• Stayed September 2012
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Leicester, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and in particular that you found the restaurant offering to be of a good standard and the room to be comfortable. I was especially pleased to read that you considered us to be your prefered option over our main competitors.

I have passed your comments to our team and we hope that when next in Leicester you are able to stay with us.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in Sept 2012 when I was in Leicester on business. I got a really great rate - £28 pn, including breakfast - so can't really complain too much. But the hotel was pretty basic and the room and stairwells were all a bit shabby. Staff were friendly enough and the breakfast buffet was okay. Room was fine, though only one towel and the mattress was a bit soft. The location is also a bit dodgy. It is just a short walk to the town centre if you are fit, but I can see some people would be intimidated by the slight roughness of the area, especially at night. It is also, of course, hard by a very busy ring road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Leicester, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you found the Hotel to be conveiniently located and of reasonable value.
With regards to your additional comments, I will be discussing these with my management team in the effort to improve our customer offering in the future.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Campanile Hotel Leicester soon.

Boston, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel is extremely well located in the centre of Leicester, I do not understand some of the reviews on here slating the hotel, our room was lovely comparible to many hotels of similar stature but with amazing rates available, the bathrooms was well sized. The staff in the hotel could not be more accomodating and were more then welcoming when we arrived, If we where to visit Leicester again we will definatley be going back. One of the best things is the fact you can check out until Midday so gives you plenty of time to get over the night before. EXCELLENT.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back of the hotel not over looking the road or you will suffer from road n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Leicester, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are glad that found the hotel to be of good quality. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be well located and the rooms to be clean and the staff helpful. We hope that when next in Leicester you will be able to return to the hotel.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was part of a wedding party that was booked into the Campanile Leicester by the host. I believe that he may have booked in access of 10 rooms for the entire party. To be honest, any Campanile hotel would not be my first choice of budget hotel.

Let’s break it down

Bad Points:

Every room we had had some sort of problem
1. No toilet paper
9. Remote control for TV not working
10. Large holes in the plaster of the walls
11. No towel rack
12. Dirty bath tub
13. I rang beforehand requesting adjoining room for 2 adults 2 childern, despite this being put on the system, we were put into separate rooms, about 7 rooms apart. NOT good.
14. Only one small lift
15. Seems to to be located in a rough area as I was advised by local friends NOT to walk around the area at night
16. Small rooms, even with only 2 people

Good Points
1. Close to city centre
2. Adequate car park – However it was FULL by 10pm.
3. Friendly helpful staff from front desk to cleaners.
4. Cheap I guess.

How many times can you go to the reception to tell them something is wrong? I do not expect 5 star treatment, but do expect the basics.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is NOT on the main rood. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Leicester, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you found the hotel to be well located to the City Centre but as such experienced some external noise.

I was however disapointed to read that you experienced so many issues during your stay.
At Campanile Leicester we pride ourselves on the service and standards that we deliver and as such will be reviewing your comments with the houskeeping team.

Finally should you wish to discuss these issues further please feel free to contact me at manager.leicester@campanile.com

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have just stayed here for two weeks and found it rather enjoyable , on booking in Kalps was very helpfull , as were all the staff . Very conveinent to City Center 2mins walk away ,very reasonable price with city center parking included , all in all would be more than happy to stay again ,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are glad that found the hotel to be of good quality and enjoyed your stay with us.
I am pleased that you found the hotel clean, tidy and that you considered the staff to be helpful. We hope that when next in Leicester you will be able to return to the hotel.

Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have had the misfortune to stay at this hotel three times now. Yes, it is cheap, and this is why I have come back. However my latest visit means I will not be making that mistake again. Firstly, the room was filthy. The floor was dusty, there was stains on the wall - including what looked like crusty food stains, the room smelt stale, and the pillows had grey patches. Next, the bathroom, this wasn't as bad, it seemed clean, and the door shut unlike the last room I stayed in in this hotel. However the shower would not stay straight when turned on which meant it soaked the floor, and me, the first time I turned it on and had to hold it the whole time I used it. Next! the milk provided with the tea and coffee was out of date by a good few days. The TV did not work properly.. every channel had a large sign come up saying something, which covered most of the screen and would not go away. The noise was ridicules! outside noise can't always be helped, however the house keeping didn't even try to be quiet. very early in the morning we were woken by thudding people walking up and down the hallway, opening and closing doors and talking to each other (house keeping, not guests). The rooms are ugly and small and very dull looking. Yes, it is cheap, but there are just as cheap hotels in the area that are MUCH nicer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was disapointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable experience and in particular that you considered the cleanliness of your room to be of a poor standard. At Campanile Leicester we pride ourselves on the service and standards that we deliver and as such will be discussing your comments with the houskeeping team.

Been to Campanile Leicester? Share your experiences!