“Basic + Clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Leicester Markfield

You added Travelodge Leicester Markfield to your Saves list
Travelodge Leicester Markfield
A50/M1 Interchange | Littleshaw Lane, Markfield, Leicester LE67 9PP, England   |
Ranked #34 of 42 Hotels in Leicester
Hull
“Basic + Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed here in April 2012 for The National Space Centre and was expecting Faulty Towers after I read the other reviews, especially as it was a tenner advanced booking for us 2 adults and 2 toddlers but we must be the lucky ones as we haven't had a bad travelodge experience (yet?). If anything, the bed was too soft and I didn't sleep well as a snuffly nose and cold started in the middle of the night :/ There was loads of parking and the room was clean with the usual tea, coffee, milk + kettle.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brixham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We normally stay in Premier Inns but all the one's in Leicestershire were full. Never seen such a disgusting dump in my whole life!! The place was very run down and the room we had stank of fags even though it was a non smoking room. When we asked the receptionist if we could move to another room she said no they were full even though the car park was half empty! Don't think she could be bothered, too busy texting! Back in the room, mould round the bath, hairs in plughole, dead flies on window sill, dusty tv and very old with only 3 channels and the picture was fuzzy and remote didn't work. When we finally managed to sleep was woken at 2.30am by guests in room opposit ours shouting and banging doors. went to find night porter but nowhere to be found despite ringing the bell several times. Would not stay again if they paid me!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Leicester Markfield, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear carole w,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you have cause for complaint, and that your stay did not meet with your expectations on this occasion.

Your valuable comments will be used to support any improvements which may be required at this hotel.

In addition, we would like to fully investigate your concerns. To assist us with this, please can you visit our main Travelodge website and use the new ‘Contact Us’ form to securely provide us with your confirmation number and full details of your complaint.

We will then be able to fully investigate your concerns with the Hotel Management team, and provide a resolution.
Exeter, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We booked this travelodge thinking that all travelodges should be of an equal standard. Leicester Markfield, however, was considerably worse than any hotel I have ever stayed in before. On check-in there was no-one on the reception desk. When the receptionist finally returned eating toast, she gave us keys to a room and checked us in. On entering the room it very quickly emerged that it had not been serviced. The bedding and towels hadn't been changed and the cups not washed. We were sent to another room that had a hole on the door patched up with masking tape. The disappointment continued. It was cold, the walls were stained and it was noisy from the road outside due to cheap windows. Would not recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Leicester Markfield, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear Laura S

Thank you for your post.

We aim to provide a high level of service at all times, and I am sorry to learn of your disappointment on this occasion.

Your feedback is important to us, and we would like to fully investigate your concerns. To assist us with this, please can you visit our main Travelodge website and use the new ‘Contact Us’ form, to provide us with full details of your issues.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

This was a dated but ok Travelodge. The room looked a little tired but was clean and fine for the one night stay we made on our way to somewhere else.

There was snow out and the room was nice and warm. The bed was comfy and the hotel was quiet - despite having a small service area next door.

It was value for money but not quite as nice as some Travelodges I have stayed in. The TV was old and did not have all the Freeview channels on it.

Overall tho it was adequate for the night we stayed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We stayed here in sept 11 for one night.

We were traveling a 40 min drive to get there from main leicester.

Had better expectations after staying a new travelodge in city centre

Markfield is older and a bad location - right on the motorway

The food place didnt open till late so we had to drive all the way back for breaky

Try and stay and city centre if possible

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
east midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We had a very quiet room 121 at the back on the ground floor never heard anything ! Lovely shower over bath and sofa bed to sit on next to main double bed which was very comfortable indeed . Morrisons and mcdonalds just 2 miles down the road for food snacks etc and The Charnwood Arms 2 4 1 pub just a mile away ! Please dont listen to bad reviews its a lovely hotel and as for dogging in the carpark as one reviewer said for goodness sake grow up !

Room Tip: Room 121 very quiet
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have to say our stay on Fri 2nd Dec with my family was the worst and most unhygenic overnight stay ever and feel that I have to share our findings.

My husband and I arrived about 10pm with 2 young kids who were fast asleep on our arrival. We had to place them on top of our bed whilst WE made up 2 single beds for our 2 kids. I would have thought that seeing as we had specifically put on the booking that there were 2 kids then the 2 beds would have been made up and ready. We had to pull mattresses out from under the sofa and the mattresses were filthy and covered in hair and we food some dirty tissues on them too. How disgusting! We cleaned the mattresses up and put sheets on them. We were one pillow short but that wasn't important as we quickly resolved that and we tucked our kids into bed.

I got ready for bed and climbed in and felt something strange with my foot. I was horrified by what I found. Snot / bogies whatever you want to call it all over the sheets. I have never been so disgusted in all my life. The sheets were absolutely filthy. In fact both me and my husband got fully dressed and lay on top of the bed. I couldn't sleep properly because I was so shocked by what I had found and dreaded to think what else was on the sheets.

I emailed the travelodge to complain and the automated email that I got back was:

"Due to an unexpectedly high volume of contacts we regret that responses may take
up to 14 days, however we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible."

To be honest I'm not suprised and I'm sure a lot of them would be complaints. We had paid a bargain price of £12 and the customer service advisor advised that she would send an evoucher back to be redeemed against any travelodge. I wasn't impressed as there is no way I'd ever stay in a travelodge again. £12 is great value but you'd expect a clean room. I managed to get my £12 back eventually.

The following night we stayed in a premier inn and I have to say completely different class!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Leicester Markfield? Share your experiences!