“By Far the Worst Customer Service.......” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #24 of 42 Hotels in Leicester
Huntingdon, England, United Kingdom
“By Far the Worst Customer Service.......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is by far the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel and I have stay in hundreds over the years. The maid actually took my shaving kit and all of our food items out of our room while we still had a night to stay. I arrived back to my room after midnight from an event and noticed my stuff was missing. I immediately called the night shift manager (Steve) at the front desk and he told me there was nothing he could do until the morning. I informed him that I had just got back from and all day event in the sun with my child and there was no way for us to shower or brush or teeth without the items. He told me there was nothing he could do until the main hotel manager Henrick Jespersen arrived at 7:00 am. I told him that was not good enough and he brought me a bottle of body wash and a comb...... The next morning when the maids came to work (10:00 am) they located my shaving kit minus Ed Hardy and Kenneth Cole cologne ($100 value). As for the food items they were gone for good. Mr. Jespersen informed me that there was nothing he could do to compensate us for our inconvenience. By far the worst experience and worst customer service I have ever seen.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Matthew

Thank you very much for posting a review on Trip Advisor and for taking the time to discuss your comments with me over the Phone.

As you are aware from our conversations, there was an administartive error following your arrival, which meant that the Houskeeping department thought you had departed. Unfortunately this resulted in some food items being discarded along with some your toiletires, although these were later recovered.

We have also identified that it was one of my colleagues that had informed you that he was unable to compensate or assist you furtherat the time and that once I had been made aware of the problem you encountered, we did in fact act swiftly and bring the matter to a satisfactory close for you.

I would again ask that you accept my most sincere apologies for the confusion that occured which I hope will not deter you from staying with us again. I trust also that you now have a more possative opinion of the High Levels of Customer Service that we strive to deliver.

Henrik Jespersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Me and my husband bookes this hotel last minute. We experienced difficulty booking through the website but when we called the hotel the booking was completed promptly.
When we arrived at the hotel the check in process was simple and but we found the the room signs were very small which got us lost for a few minutes.
The room was spacious, clean which is a must! I was impressed with the hairdryer which was right near a mirror for a change and the peace and quiet!
We had a few drinks at the bar and again the guys at the bar were very attentive and friendly.
Overall, a fantastic swish hotel which has a great location and value for money - we will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting a review of the Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was sorry to learn that you experienced some difficulty booking on line, although I am glad to learn that my staff were abel to assist you. We will investigate the problems you encounterd.

I was very pleased to learn however that you liked our hotel and will be happy to return.

I look forward to welcoming you back in due course.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

What I like about this hotel is that it is cheap, but they have not comprimised on service. Rooms were immaculately clean, staff were polite, everything you require for a short stay in Leicester was available. City centre was a 5 minute walk, there were hairdriers and tea and coffee facilities in the room, fresh white towels, and free WIFI. Highly reccomended and will stay again. Ramada Encore is of a higher standard than a Premier Inn/Travel Lodge, but at the same sort of price point.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Natasha

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was so pleased to learn that you liked the Hotel and felt that we provided such value for money. I note from your review that you are familar with Leicester which would suggest that you have visited the CIty before.

I hope that you will return to the City and that you will again choose to stay with us, when we will once again be pleased to offer you our Hositality.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was a hotel chosen for us by the organisation hosting us so wouldn't necessarily have been my first choice. On the plus side it is right in the middle of Leicester , fairly new , bright and cheerful . Fairly minimalist with wooden floors in the bedrooms etc . I personally don't mind that but I suspect it wouldn't be very comforting in the winter. Bathrooms were adequate but basic and the only toiletries were a pump dispenser fixed to the shower wall - not wildly impressed by that.

There is no wardrobe -simply a very small rail prominent on the wall of your room on view to anyone . It would be really annoying if you stayed for longer than a couple of nights but ok for my needs on that occasion.

We had rung in advance re car parking . DO NOT book the hotels own car park at 25 quid a night it is not worth it . Firstly it's very hard to locate on the one way system and secondly the NCP is literally across the road and hugely discounted by the hotel - I think my bill was 7 quid rather than 50.

We ate at the hotel the first night . Reasonable meal nice chips and a nice guy looking after us who was attentive and polite. Very decent selection of reasonably prices wines though drinks were comparatively expensive as with most hotels

Breakfast was pretty average - reasonable selection but with a fairly lukewarm range of hot food and even more lukewarm coffee. The hotel promotes itself as having a costa - frankly its a bit like saying those drinks you get on the plane marked Starbucks are the real thing - its just not the same.

My only real bugbear was the lack of decent light in the room. I was unfortunate enough to have a room that looked out onto the dingy back of other tall buildings that were very close and blocked out any natural light and felt very hemmed in with a tiny window and a room in perpetual darkness, to be fair I thought the quality of the room and bed was pretty good for what is basically a travel lodge style hotel but it was a bit like being in a box with the lid closed! Some colleagues had rooms with floor to ceiling windows - much more pleasant and I wouldn't book again unless guaranteed one of those .

So all in all it does what it says on the tin. Cheap cheerful and basic . Clean and reasonable in terms of a customer experience but not brilliant . I would probably book again at that price for thie convenience and the good nights sleep but I really would want a room with something that passes for a window .

Room Tip: Two main types one with floor to ceiling windows which are bright and airy one with minute windows t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for writing such a comprehensive review on our hotel, following your recent stay. I am sure that your comments and observations will prove useful to future travelers and the Hotel alike.

As I am sure you will appreciate, some of your earlier points with regard to limited and or style of toiletires and open fronted wardrobes reflect the Brand level and market position of our product. This is also reflected in our room rates which I am sure you will agree, are very competatively priced.

I note also your comments with regard to on site car parking at £25 per night. Unfortunately we only have a very limited number of spaces availaible, which are in high demand. The alternative for our guests, as you have correctly indicated, is the NCP car park 50 meters from the Hotel, for which we offer highly consessioned rates.

Please be assured that our Costa Coffee is the genuine product and I would ask that you accept my apologies if your Costa product was not to your satisfaction.

The Majority of our rooms do have floor to ceiling windows which do provide a great deal of natural day light and we would be more than happy to aloocate one of these for you, should you return to the hotel at any point.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide a review of the Hotel on Trip Advisor, which is much appreciated. I do hope we will have the opportunity of offering you our hospitalty again in the very near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

10 minutes walk from Leicester station. This hotel is in the town centre with many shops, restaurants and takeaways close by. Check in desk is located as soon as you walk in and is next to a very nice restaurant/bar area where breakfast is also served. Check in staff member very friendly and efficient. Free WiFi was included in the room which was very fast!

Room was spotless, well equipped and had a fab shower!! Toiletries included tissues, handwash and shower gel. Bed was very comfortable and the lighting in the room was entirely adequate. Could have done with a couple more hangers otherwise storage space is perfectly fine for a short stay. Loved the wooden flooring, very hygienic! Due to the location of hotel, I'm glad I had earplugs as it can get quite noisy and I'm a very light sleeper. The bed was very comfortable and I had a wonderful nights sleep.

Breakfast was very good with a varied selection of items.

Room Tip: Bring slippers or flip flops and your own toiletries. Try and get a room higher up, away from the tr...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting a review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to learn that you were so happy with the Hotel, Staff and Service during the course of your stay.

I have noted your comments with regard to the number of hangers in the room and undertand your frustration. We have only been open a few months now and the Hangers have been dissapearing rather rapidly. We have ordered replacement supplies, which will be with us shortly.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of offerng you our Hospitality again in the very near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I booked 3 rooms for myself and my family. The hotel is clean and comfortable and is in a brilliant location....right in the middle of the city centre. The car park is conveniently located about 1 minute away from the hotel too. The deputy manager was really friendly and helpful, arranging taxis for us in the evening and taking a general interest in all the guests that were in the lounge. It's not often you see such a personal touch in a chain hotel. We would stay again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Henrik J, General Manager at Ramada Encore Leicester, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time write a review on Trip Avisor. All Guest feebdback is important to us ans we have only recently opened and like to learn what our guests think about us.

I was pleased to learn that you found the Hotel to be clean and comfortable and that my Deputy Manager, Steven, looked after you so well.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Cheltenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I thought this hotel was really good value for money. It was £69 for a room for 4 people, which was really good. It's newly built/opened and is so clean and tidy!
Service is good, however I thought it was a bit odd when I found the bill had been pushed underneath the door in the morning.
The bathroom in our room was so modern and loved the walk in power shower.
Didn't have breakfast as didn't have a choice to have it included with the room price, and didn't want to pay £11.95 each for breakfast.
Carpet would have been nice in the bedrooms instead of wooden floors but that didn't matter too much.
People were saying being on lower floors has intruding noise from outside, but I didn't hear a thing all night until about 9am.
So glad we picked this hotel, seemed like the best choice and probably was!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hotel.

Please accept my apologies if you felt that the posting of your account under yoru door was intrusive, believe me that was not our intention. This is to facilitate Express Check Out for those guests who would like to take advantage of it.

With regards to breakfast inclusive rates, these are available on most of the online booking sources or direct with the Hotel, which when purchased at the time of booking, are cheaper than at the Restaurant on the day. I do hope this did not cause you too much inconvenience.

Henrik Jespersen

Been to Ramada Encore Leicester? Share your experiences!