“Great stay :)” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Montfort Street, Leicester LE1 7GR, England   |
Ranked #9 of 41 hotels in Leicester
“Great stay :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay and excellent service throughout. Even though we missed dinner service (by a few minutes only), the kitchen staff still took our order and we had it delivered to our room, what a bonus. And the food was very good too, so that makes for two very happy customers.

As new pet owners, we had no idea what to expect of a pet-friendly hotel. The room was spacious, looked recently refurbished and very clean - 5 stars :)

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Me & the wife went there on a valentines dinner break last Saturday, and we enjoyed every minute. The staff were helpful, the rooms were clean and tidy and the Restaurant was superb.
Location is very close to the station, and we walked into Leicester's main shopping center within 5 minutes. Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Book early and get upgraded
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

When my husband and I travel, we prefer the smaller more intimate places with "local flavor" as opposed to one of the chain hotels that are the same all over. In this respect, the Belmont did not disappoint. The lobby and eating areas were always buzzing and we found the entire staff to be extremely nice and helpful. The location was ideal, as it was within walking distance of both the University of Leicester and the train station. The decor (we had a large refurbished room) and style of the hotel was pleasant and inviting. The beds were extremely comfortable. The only drawback I found is that the shower stall could have used some grout cleaner. It was not filthy, but I feel the grout in a hotel shower should be completely white and not show any sign of mold.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My mother and father met whilst working at the hotel nearly 50 years ago. They have since had 4 children and 3 grandchildren who had not yet had the pleasure of visiting this hotel.
This comes a few months late but we brought my parents back to the hotel in November '12, we didn't stay overnight as, due to my disorganisation, by the time I got around to booking, there were no Rooms available.

We booked a table for a meal and were greeted with exceptional service, which remained throughout our meal, the food was excellent too. We didn't see the rooms but the decor in the restaurant and downstairs areas was beautiful.

We will be returning as a family later on in the year, this time booking in sufficient time to reserve rooms, which I have no doubt will be as wonderful as the rest of our experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I travelled there for a conference organised by my employer and as such did not pay for the room myself.

It's a beautiful building and my room had clearly recently been refurbished in a modern style sensetive to the property. The bed was very comfortable.

What really let this establishment down was the standard of cleanliness in the room, and in the downstairs conference loo facilities (dirty grey net curains and spider webs in the window frame). I arrived to my room late in the evening after a long day of business activities to find that there was a covering of dust and other obscure particles on the duvet cover of one of the twin beds. There was someone else's hair left in the bath and dust in the nooks and crannies. The soap holder was dirty/damaged. The tea/coffee tray had spills on it from the previous occupant and one of the mugs was dirty.
I was too tired to do anything about this on the night but made the best of a bad job.

On the upside, the bar and communal areas were very welcoming and the staff were all friendly and keen to accomodate us.

I am not sure I would pay money to stay there- but perhaps this was just a one-off bad day for the housekeeping team. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that I sure hope so.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

What makes this hotel is the staff. Very pleasant and competent and nothing too much trouble for them. I was on a training course and it is an excellent venue for business meetings. Food was excellent. Many thanks to the staff member who found my lost wallet, I did not get her name but she is obviously very honest and a credit to the hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I and a few colleagues recently stayed at the Belmont during an on-site training course and we all thought it was an excellent place to stay. The staff were friendly and helpful and couldn’t do enough to please. which made a nice change.
However, it was not perfect. The evening menu was limited so after a few day, the meal became less and less appealing. I appreciate that the restaurant was under refurbishment at the time and the standard was good but the choice and actual quantity were rather lacking.
My biggest problem was the lack of secure Wi-Fi. In a hotel which courts business clients I would have thought a secure connection was a ‘must’. It’s true, you could gain access but it was a real pain having to register with ‘The Cloud’ and then run the risk of losing secure information. As a businessman, I almost all of my financial business on-line and this seriously curtailed my ability to work.
In conclusion, I liked the hotel and staff very much and if I were to return to Leicester at any time for fun, it would be on my list BUT if I were to go back on business again, it would have to be to a place where I can work in confidence.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Belmont Hotel? Share your experiences!