Recently attended afternoon tea following an offer in the Sunday Telegraph. Overall the experience was very poor, in particular:
On arrival at 3pm escorted into a dining room by a member of your staff who then proceeded to lay the table for them. This had not been done prior to arrival despite this being booked over a week prior. The dining room was empty therefore it was not a case of the staff not having the time poor to arrival to do this;
- When the sandwiches arrived they consisted of 6 finger sandwiches made from 2 slices of bread therefore equating to 1 slice of bread each! The finger sandwiches consisted of 3 cheese and 3 ham despite the menu stating their would also be cucumber, beef and tuna. Staff were never seen after again after the delivery of these therefore it was not possible to either ask for any more sandwiches or other fillings. No staff from the hotel came into the dining room to check everything was OK. Additionally, the sandwiches were served with a little lettuce and 3 slices of tomato depute this being afternoon tea for 2;
- The scones served were no more than 0.5 inches thick and resembled a flat pancake rather than a scone. They had been buttered while warm making the butter soaked into the dough making them inedible;
- The strawberry gateaux served had been previously frozen and was not defrosted fully before being served. It was not possible to eat either frozen sponge or fruit; and
- There was no choice of loose leaf teas - the options presented consisted of either tea or coffee. The tea served was in a Teabag.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Leicester Stage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Leicester
- Leicester Best Western