I stayed here for three nights on business. Overall I was a little disappointed with the standard of the room. It was described as a deluxe room, it was certainly large, with two double beds and a settee but it was tired. The room was ready for redecorating and the set up of the bathroom and toilet was in need of revision. The actual bathroom sink was outside of the main bathroom in what might be described as a dressing area. What I found off putting, though others may like it was that the carpeting extended from the lounge to the sink area. I would rather have tiles or something that can be properly cleaned.
On the plus side a voucher was left for use in the bar each day and this was appreciated. Also other nibbles and things were left in the room. However, I would have preferred to have foregone those for a more up to date room. I also find it strange in this day and age that you have to pay for wireless Internet access in the room. It was said to be free in the lobby, and it was, but it was so slow as to be useless.
I found the breakfast to be quite average. Poached eggs were prepared and left in a dish of hot water, they were like bullets. There was some fresh fruit available and, though not the fault of the hotel I did see a customer take hold of a loaf of bread with is bare hand, even though a cover was available, and then slice it.
The hotel is well located, very close to the motorway and other main routes into and around Leicester.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton Leicester hotel, 3 miles from the city center, just off junction 21 of the M1. Unwind in the gym, pool, restaurant and bar. Do business in one of 10 meeting rooms for 2-150. The hotel is 25 minutes' drive from Nottingham East Midlands Airport. Indulge in traditional cuisine at Flavours restaurant, a light lunch and cool drink in the Hilton Leicester hotel's Court Bar and coffee and sandwiches in Caffe Cino. Unwind in the LivingWell Health Club, swim in the indoor pool, work out in the gym and relax in the sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Hilton EMEA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Hilton International Leicester
- Leicester Hilton International