“Night Out” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 881 Restaurants in Leicester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
nuneaton
“Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Visited Shivalli on Saturday for the first time, found the staff very courteous and helpful.
This was a first time for my wife and I trying vegetarian and southern Indian food. It was delicious.
The waiter advised us to try the buffet as pancake dosas were included and not extra.
Can,t wait to return when I will try mixing menu and buffet, with advise of course
very reasonable with good choice. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013

Barcelona, Spain
“Probably the best restaurant in Leicester.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been here quite a few times now, with both vegetarian, and non-vegetarian friends (I myself am vegan), and the food has always been fantastic and enjoyed by all! Whether we ate from the buffet or the menu, it was fantastic value and the staff were very helpful and generous (they brought me and my girlfriend an extra dish because we couldn't eat one on those on the buffet).
I always miss this place when I am away from Leicester and I would recommend it to anyone!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Taste of south India”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

If you've ever visited South India, this place will bring back the taste and flavours you experienced! Simple restaurant - but not a cafe like some, great buffet (I'm not normally a buffet fan), fresh food - all veg therefore fresher and tastier than meat buffets, good choice - all the classic south dishes, good service, nice house wine. Overall fantastic value and good classic food.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We ate at Shivalli for the first time and can not fault any of it! We are NOT vegetarians, but wanted to try it out having heard really good reviews from friends. The waiters were friendly, helpful and the fastest service I've seen in any comparable restaurants in Leicester. The portions were very generous and we had enough to take away too! The food was extremely tasty, and the fact that it is vegetarian is reflected in the price -amazing value for money! We will definitely definitely eat here again, it is by far the best curry house in Leicester, and we have been to a lot!

• Visited March 2013
Broughton Astley, United Kingdom
“Best veggie Indian food town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Really friendly service, amazing food, even though I was unfamiliar with most of the menu. Their buffet sessions are great value. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012