“Organistaional issues” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
UK
“Organistaional issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We visited this restaurant on 15.12.12 , as we had previously visted the two previous years for our annual staff outing.
Our table was booked for 9pm but we could not get seated until 9.20pm.
If you have visted this restaurant tou will appreciate that space is an issue when they are busy and 24 people crowding around your tables will be uncomfortable for all.
When it was pointed out to the supervisor / manager that our booking was for 9pm , he mentioned that the previous booking had not cleared, and that there was a mention in the "terms & conditions", an organisational deficiency is not the problem of the customer. Very disappointed with the way that was handled.
However , on a more positive note , once we were seated the food arrived and was absolutely delicious , not one of our party had cause for complaint.
I would certainly visit again , and assume the organistaional situation would have been attended to .

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Nice food-shame about the managers attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Staff weren't very knowledge about their own menu, even the managers struggled (since when was ginger nut biscuits classed as a nut???). I had to ring them to check they had our menu changes ok and was told they couldn't open the email attachment! No call back from female manager, even though a call was promised that night..
Lovely building and food was quite tasty, everyone in the party of 13 enjoyed their meals. That's where the positives end.
I was a bit put out when the manager came to berate me for our party still being on mains 15 mins before he had another table booked for where we were sitting. He preceded to tell me we needed to aim to be out in half- hour! After I pointed out a few flaws on their part he later caught me as I went outside for some air, to argue further, accusing me of hurting his feelings as I pointed out their mistakes in front of other customers!

waiting staff we're generally ok although for saying they wanted us out, they were in no hurry to clear the plates or bring us the bill. After getting the bill, we noted a few extras added as well.I'm just glad we got 25% off.

Not happy at all with the attitude of that manager. Won't be going back there again to say the least!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“No No No!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The building is beautiful and in a great location.
I really wanted this place to be my new hang out, but sadly it was the worst dinning experience to date.

I ordered the salmon with basil crust, it was burnt, complained about it and was told it was meant to be like that. I'm sorry but if all I'm eating is burnt basil and salmon flakes and that's your standard of cooking, something as simple as that. No thank you.

No apologies, they sent out another salmon but it was cold, didn't even eat after that I was so put off. Patronising and not open to criticism.

Never again, unless they change their chef and attitude of staff.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Austria
“never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

the food is just ok, not much choice

we asked for tge bill, and the staff didnt come for more than 40 min
meanwhile it started raining, we ran with our baby and pushchair, no one came to help

inside (we were seated outside) and saw that they switched the shift, our waitress was sitting with her bf chatting, another was in charge
the new didn't knew our bill details, so the "old" came updated her. she didn't apologise or anything, just ignored us, altough we were standing in front of her !!!
i understand that people forget, we r all humans, but what she did after realising her mistake was just RUDE !!!

if we just had left without paying, nobody would hsve noticed, as nobody cared
and we could have saved a lot of time plus wouldnt have gotten into the rain !!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Leicester
“Disappointing second visit!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ate at the 1573 Bar & Grill again recently, (exactly two weeks to the day since our last visit)......... What a difference!
I left an excellent review regarding that visit, unfortunately our latest dining experience was very mixed.
The restaurant was again lovely and clean, sparkling cutlery and glassware, spotless tables etc, however the food and service was a real disappointment!
We booked a table for 7.30pm, arriving at 7.25pm. We were swiftly seated and our drinks order was taken, as was our food order. We had to wait about 15 minutes for our starter to arrive which is about what one would expect. The starters of Garlic King Prawns was cooked to perfection and most delicious, however we then had to wait another forty minutes for our mains.
Both my husband and I had ordered Surf & Turf (Sirloin medium to well), Mushroom Diane Sauce and Onion Rings.
Whilst waiting (for ages!) for our main courses to arrive, the two tables either side of us had the wrong food brought out to them, so we were a little apprehensive!
When our food did eventually arrive the waitress did apologise for the delay.
My steak was really overdone, thus dry with an acrid burnt taste (nothing like the steak I had two weeks previously!).
Furthermore there were no Cajun Prawns on either mine or my husbands plates.
I quickly pointed this out to the waitress, who again apologised, she said she would get the prawns for us.
The prawns arrived after about five minutes, when we had eaten most of our meal.
Therefore it was somewhat spoilt to a degree. I like every element of a meal to be 'spot on'! Just as it has been during our last visit.
I was really looking forward to returning to The 1573 Bar & Grill after our previous visit, having 'sung it's praises' to everyone.
Unfortunately it did not live up to our expectations on this occasion, so was quite disappointed!

• Visited November 2012