“GREAT FOOD, GREAT ATMOSPHERE, GREAT SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 840 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Leicester, United Kingdom
“GREAT FOOD, GREAT ATMOSPHERE, GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have been to Maiyangos a couple of times now and on both occassions have had a superb meal.
I most recently went with a group of girls for a ctach up as we had not seen each other in a long time and we booked a booth which was perfect!
The new chef had created a fantastic and inspiring menu which we ALL enjoyed! Some of the vegetarian options were really unique and tasty!
Would definitely reccomend this restaurant both for food and atmosphere, there is nowhere else in Leicester like it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
east haddon
“Absolutely fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Such a different menu, really inventive. Food was some of the best I have ever eaten, service was great and really good atmosphere. Excellent value and loved all the attention to detail - great portion sizes too

Visited November 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Don't Bother..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My friends in Leicester booked this restaurant. I have to say we were really disappointed with the food but especially the service.

We went for the 6 course taster menu, which was very average indeed.

The biggest problem for us was we had to ask for things 3 or 4 times, for instance cutlery for each course - surely that should be a basic for any waiter?? I asked for a coke 3 times, it finally did arrive, but it was a diet coke, so I sent it back.

Also 2 of us kept our coats on for the whole meal, it was freezing in the restaurant, which straight away made the experience very poor.

The manager, did offer some gestures of goodwill, which was appreciated, but its not what you come out for.

Visited November 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Superb dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was a special birthday meal. We started with delicious cocktails. Our starters consisted of Game Terrine, Salmon varieties, and Scallops. Our main choices were Moroccan Chicken, Gresingham Duck, and Sea Bass. Without exception the flavours were intense and beautifully balanced. For Sweet choice we would recommend the Lemon Tatin. Intervals between courses were just right and the service was friendly, attentive and unobtrusive. At £30 for a three course menu this was never going to be a cheap night out, but the experience delivered on every front. Genuine value for money.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leicester
“Memorable Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Maiyango was recommended by some friends and I chose the venue to celebrate my tenth wedding anniversary. I could not have asked for more attentive and efficient staff and the food itself was amazing. My wife absolutely loved the occasion and it was all a surprise as I hadn't told her were we were going. We have already discussed it as a future venue for when we are next out with friends in Leicester though I understand that there is a need to book in advance for weekends.
Thank you for making it such a brilliant, memorable experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere