“Fantastic little guest house.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seaforth Guest House

Save Saved
You added Seaforth Guest House to your Saves list
Seaforth Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   3 Napier Avenue | South Shore, Blackpool FY4 1PA, England   |
Ranked #414 of 886 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic little guest house.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on 28th may for 2 nights. Excellent value for money, spotless clean, fair sized rooms. There was a double bed, bunkbeds and still space for a travel cot. Plenty of storage room for our clothes etc. Breakfasts were divine.
I would definetley recommend for people to stay here. Its just a few mins walk from pleasure beach in a nice quiet location.

• Stayed May 2013

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked for a weekend trip away with our young children and had a fabulous time!! The owners were very helpful and breakfast really was lovely.

Our family room was a very good size and VERY clean - I have stayed in other hotels in Blackpool and they have been nowhere near as clean as Seaforth.

Throughly recommend Seaforth for a stay in Blackpool and we shall return.

The weather was nice too which was a bonus :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Where to begin? We booked this guest house after reading the reviews. We booked directly through the guest house website for a two night stay.

They took an initial payment for the first night, but it wasn't until I received a confirmation email that I was made aware of a debit card payment charge of £3. It states on their website that the charge would be 3%. With the first night's stay being charged at £54, the card charge should have only been £1.62. However, new government legislation now stipulates that charges should only be for the amount that it costs them to process a payment. This is estimated at 2.5% on credit cards and .50p on debit cards. So, that was an extra £2.50 in the hotel's pocket!

My family (wife and two young children) arrived at this guest house expecting a very nice stay. The lady who greeted us on arrival was very pleasant. After taking our details, she asked how we wanted to settle the final amount. I asked if I would be charged another card charge to which she stated that, yes, I would. I told to her that I would pay by cash as I didn't want to incur another card charge. However, as we arrived late in the afternoon after a day at Alton Towers, I needed to go get the cash. I told her that I would go to the cashpoint and bring it back as soon as we had checked in. She was more than happy for us to do this.

However, she was then summoned (yes, I mean a direct summons) from an unseen gentleman (?) in the back. He told her that by no means were we allowed to check in until the full payment was made. He was very vocal in this, as we were able to hear every word being said through a closed door. When the lady came back out, she was very apologetic. I told her this wasn't a problem and that I would get the cash as soon as we put our bags in the room, considering that we had already paid for one night. At this point, the man came out of the back and very aggressively and threateningly said 'no, payment first'. By this time I just wanted to get my children of the place (we were all just standing in the entry). Having no place to stay the night I said 'fine, that we would stay for just the night already paid for'. He said 'fine, but it would be £80 then. That's the amount for one night'. (However on their website, a single night's stay is only £69). I was not willing to pay £80 for one night, so I told him that I would get him the money for the second night. At this point he told me that I should just leave. I was happy to do this but told him that I wanted a refund. He said fine, but he just stood there. I again asked for a refund at which point he stormed into the back and came out with a refund receipt (obviously still had my card details) for £54, so he kept the £3 charge. I then asked for my slip of paper where I had filled in my personal details, including my children's names. He was unwilling to give this back but I was insistent so again he stormed into the rear and came out with the slip, tore it into pieces and thrust it into my face.

We then left the guest house with relief as there was no way that I would ever want to stay in such a place.

The owner (if the man was) was very rude. He was very unkempt and was wearing a disgustingly dirty t-shirt. The thought of him having anything to do with preparing our breakfast turned my stomach. It's no wonder that he normally stays in the back, out of sight!

It was a relief to leave this establishment and you could not pay me to stay there!

Unfortunately, I cannot actually rate this guest house's cleanliness, rooms or food as I barely got my foot in the door!

This owner is the type of person that gives Blackpool a bad name. However, our other experiences throughout our two days in Blackpool were great. Too bad about people like him!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Lovely stay over Easter weekend. Very welcoming. Rooms are spotlessly clean and have tea and coffee making facilities. Very quiet even though you're right next to pleasure beach. Breakfasts are excellent and the poached eggs are the best! Just what you'd expect from a good guest house in blackpool. Would Definately recommend for a pleasant stay at a very reasonable price

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My Wife, In-laws, brother in law and I stayed here October half-term for the illuminations. The B&B was clean and pleasant, and we were given a free parking space which was great! Ideally situated for the Pleasure Beach at the South end of Blackpool, in a quiet area only a few mins away from the promenade. Our room was clean and basic, the mattress could have done with replacing and the shower was not very powerful but breakfast was good, and the owner was very helpful and polite. The orange juice only came in a shot size glass which we felt was a little tight as we do not drink tea or coffee, but if the price was right we would stay again! All in all a nice pleasant stay for a short break. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Nice cheap stay. Booked an en-suite room for myself and my partner for 2 nights and 3 days in Blackpool. Owner was nice and friendly, left you to get on with things your way, didnt see much of her as we were hardly in. You get your own key to get into the guest house and key for your room. Room was not bad, was perfect for just us too. Shower wasnt very good, wasnt powerful at all and temperature kept moving from hot to cold every couple of minutes. Breakfast was good. Parking space was provided right outside the door. Right opposite the pleasure beach which was great for us. I would book again :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Booked en-suite family room at front of the house.Spacious room ,spotlessly clean,bedlinen and towels freshly laundered.Fantastic breakfast cooked to order.Parking space provided at front of guest house as requested at time of booking.The Seaforth is suitable for couples, or families with children.Great location if you like to get a good nights sleep,yet close enough to all transport links to go into Blackpool or to travel further afield.Mrs Evans owner of the Sea Forth Guest House is very welcoming and works hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness expected by guests.Look forward to my 2013 short break at The Seaforth.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Seaforth Guest House? Share your experiences!